Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 11
01-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Additional note:

We're tracking a potential issue that may be preventing Costume Unlock Projects from displaying for some players.
have issue with 12 MACO space set can't select buff with all 3 in place
Career Officer
# 12
01-07-2013, 01:08 PM
tried in sector space stf space andin ESD
Rihannsu
# 13
01-07-2013, 01:27 PM
I had a MACO Mk XI set prior to S7, but none of the Mk XII (ground) pieces. Upon reaching T5 in the Rep system I quickly upgraded to the Mk XII set. Having also pre-S7 completed my MACO Commando and MACO Elite Commando accolades this unlocked two costume Projects for "MACO Armor - Style 2" and "MACO Armor - Style 3". I'm guessing the Mk XI would have given me Style 1 (had I not already had it pre-S7). While Command is Style 2, and Elite Commando Style 3...

I have Omega Force Mk XI (pre S7), I'm working on the Mk XII set now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepwe View Post
I'm curious about the rationale behind this design decision. It kinda seems like double dipping to me.

We pay to have access to it AND we have to pay to have access to it though about a quarter of the cost of the first round of access...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeward1701 View Post
...Wow, there's a project for everything, vive la grind!
To HatePEW and MikeWard1701, in the past, thanks to RNG, it was possible to get the uber Mk XII sets in as little as 3 runs, but might also not have been acquired after 300 runs. Sure, once you got the drops, you got the gear, accolade(s), and costume(s) all together.

Now it is locked behind five-tiers worth of STF runs (to get the Omega Marks) and inputs gathering (hypos, commodities, regenerators, etc.), and multiple projects for each piece of gear, with the costumes separate. Yup it's a grind either way. Only now they are simply quantifying the "value" of what you get based on what they expected the average character would have had to do when running the old random method. Difference being is now it's guaranteed after X grind.

Personally, I don't mind. I like that I now can get the Mk XII gear. After getting my Mk XI stuff pre-S7, I stopped trying. I didn't want to have to grind CGE over-and-over-and-over prayng for that random magic drop for the Mk XII piece. Give me definitive results over RNG anyday.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Ensign
Lieutenant
# 15
01-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Additional note:

We're tracking a potential issue that may be preventing Costume Unlock Projects from displaying for some players.
Just checked my Accolade tab and found this (see picture). It says it's all done, but is still in the Progress overview. How about this? As far as I can remember I think I had all 3 items before S7 (not 100% sure tho)
P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh!
Captain
# 16
01-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyard View Post
Just checked my Accolade tab and found this (see picture). It says it's all done, but is still in the Progress overview. How about this? As far as I can remember I think I had all 3 items before S7 (not 100% sure tho)
The accolade shows up twice now- once for getting it the old way, once for getting the new way. It's kinda confusing to look at, you have to know what's going on under the hood. If you had all three pieces pre-S7 then one of the accolades should show complete. You should also still have the pieces in your inventory or bank.

If one of the accolades is showing complete look for a costume unlock mission. If you have done it, and still aren't seeing it, then something's wrong.
Ensign
# 17
01-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyard View Post
I also had the Mk XII gear pre S7, and just got all the optionals and this is what I'm having see picture
Rihannsu
# 18
01-09-2013, 03:10 PM
I guess I'm fortunate in that I never got any of the Mk XII ground gear pre-S7 (I did get a MACO Ship Shield Mk XII, but that was my only Mk XII set piece), I'm not having any problems as I check off the accolades now.

I just finished the Adapted Commando accolade ("Collect all three pieces of the Mark XII Adapted MACO Ground Gear") and it's associated Costume Unlock Project (MACO Armor Series 4), last night. So I'm done with all the MACO ones - Woot, woot!

I'm about 325 Omega Marks from completing my Omega Force Operative ("Collect all three pieces of the Mark XII Omega Set"), which I think will also trigger Omega Force Shadow Operative ("Complete Omega Force Operative and ...Team Commander Accolades.") and possibly unlock one or two more Costume Unlock Projects. I should find out tonight.

I think that will finish all my STF gear accolades, and I'll start on the rest of the Space Mk XII pieces I "need."

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Lieutenant
# 19
01-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Quote:
which I think will also trigger Omega Force Shadow Operative
..for me, it didn't. It's the only accolade not registering as done and prevents me from getting the Style 3 look project.
Captain
# 20
01-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Quote:
With Season 7, obtaining a full ground STF set no longer automatically unlocks any costume options on its own (unless you had ALL 3 PIECES prior to Season 7's launch).

Once you have obtained all 3 pieces of gear (at least ONE of which was obtained via the Reputation System), you must then run the Costume Unlock project that will become available.

Successfully completing the Optional Objectives of "Infected," "The Cure" and "Khitomer Accord" on Elite will also make an additional Costume Unlock Project become available.

The associated Accolades used to grant both a Title and a Costume Unlock. Now they only reward the Title, and the Costume Unlock must be obtained via a Project.
I swear you guys you said that you were going to honor the old accolade for anyone who had a partially completed set.

A What made me think this even more was that after season 7 launched, my accolade list showed two MACO Commando (or whatever the one was that was to complete the Mk XII set.) One said I would get the costume+title, and the other said it was just to get the title. My list tonight, after reaching Tier 5 and gett my last piece completed one of the accolades (the one for just the title) and the other, even though it shows that Ive obtained the pieces of MK Xii is listed as in progress. I can provide pictures if needed.