Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,179
# 11
01-08-2013, 02:57 PM
How about space vendors with 2 Ferengi set items equipped?
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,774
# 12
01-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaracrimson View Post
I sell it to the bartenders at Earth Space Dock or the bartenders at the Academy. Both pay 50% of the item costs.



This is false. Only specific items which are very wanted sell well on the exchange. In fact, most useless or average grind items also sell for 50% on the exchange, with a few items selling for 50% -1EC, -2 EC, -3EC and so on, because people want their items to be on top.

Sure, some people don't bother to pick up undesired loot, but I find that all of the unwanted loot I sell to bartenders each day rapidly adds up to about 1M credits a day. With a sense of irony, I spend those 1M EC on a lockbox key each day.
Consumables can usually be sold for 75-100% purchase at vendor prices. Blue engines and deflectors for roughly 75%. Prices for purple items go through the roof.

You say only specific items, but those are also the items that matter and bring in big bucks.
There's also convenience of not having to travel all over the place to sell something for a meager 3k difference.

So the exchange really is the only place you need.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 568
# 13
01-08-2013, 05:42 PM
lets face it.. the OP would not have posted this question if he were not poor in game.

The chance of coming across a 'wanted' item outside of spending actual money on this game to have an increased chance at making lots of EC very quickly is about as likely as every person and country in the world being at peace with every other person and country, respectively.

Really, you are basically stuck at 50% and as another poster eluded to, you can get better prices by first spending money to purchase certain Ferengi items.

Other than that, it comes down to grind grind grind.. all day long... grind grind grind while I sing dis song.. gonna grind this game, it's gonna make you poor.. gonna hurry up and win from the ol' c-store.
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 717
# 14
01-08-2013, 07:53 PM
i generally sell to the dilithium store (for ec). i seem to get the get price in game. if you go to the hanger section you can sell.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,060
# 15
01-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
In fact, I can regularly clean house on the exchange by systematically searching each category one quality/Mk level combo at a time and buying up everything that's posted for less than 50% - just today I made around 2 million EC just being lazy and feeding junk off the exchange to vendors.
Bah! Don't do that. I'm trying to help the noobs out with some cheap gear...
_________________
Nebula coffee is the best coffee
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 16
01-11-2013, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
In fact, I can regularly clean house on the exchange by systematically searching each category one quality/Mk level combo at a time and buying up everything that's posted for less than 50% - just today I made around 2 million EC just being lazy and feeding junk off the exchange to vendors.
Expect your profits to start dropping as more and more people read that and think "I'll do that as well".

If you think you've found a good way to make EC, sharing it with the entire world is a level of naievet? that almost borders on stupidity
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 307
# 17
01-11-2013, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
Expect your profits to start dropping as more and more people read that and think "I'll do that as well".

If you think you've found a good way to make EC, sharing it with the entire world is a level of naievet? that almost borders on stupidity
Uh, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. At all.
I did that when I started out when I only had a couple of hundred thousand EC.
Buy 10 engines cheaply, sell to vendor - rinse - repeat.

It's not a very efficient way to earn EC, but it works.
Telling people won't change much about this since most people who know it don't do it because it's not that profitable and usually only a periodic income (once you sold all that makes a profit that was it for a while).

Back on topic:
< 50% on exchange? Vendor it.
> 50% on exchange? Put it on the Exchange.

Use the most restrictive market filters you can.
Set the Rarity, but delete the [dmg] [acc] stuff - so you can see general prices for the item at that rarity, altho certain boni will earn a premium.
Most Commons & Uncommons can go straight to the Vendor.
It's also true that value varies significantly with item type, rarity and Mk number:
Sometimes an Mk VI oder Mk VIII rare will be very valuable - while MK X is worthless (due to being more common and only used for 5 levels) - especially at higher rarities.
Even Mark numbers are always more valuable than 1 Mark lower; but Mk VI can also be more valuable than Mk VII.
One of the most significant pecularities is the high value of low-mark gear, compared to many Mk X or Mk XI items. This is so because most people are level 50 and those people tend to loot Mk X or higher: so it's in huge supply - while rare Mk VI weapons, for example, actually are fairly rare.

... just some basic rules.

Some also buy the whole supply of certain rare DOffs or items just to sell at vastly inflated prices.
Some of these people became incredibly (more) rich because of this - it's a fairly ballsy (****-)move that can make a profit big time, but could also result in some losses or no profit.

He's dead, Jim.

Last edited by lolimpicard; 01-11-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,016
# 18
01-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
Consumables can usually be sold for 75-100% purchase at vendor prices. Blue engines and deflectors for roughly 75%. Prices for purple items go through the roof.
Not at end game they don't. On the exchange, a purple shield pretty much goes for around 50%.
_____________________
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,774
# 19
01-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
Not at end game they don't. On the exchange, a purple shield pretty much goes for around 50%.
We can sit here and argue back and forth, but i strongly suggest you check the exchange.
A purple shield goes for at least 70% and depending on the stats it can go to 150%.

Consumable replicated for 150, i can buy for 100 at trader and resell for 125 on exchange.

Would not have called it if i had not done seem it in person. It's actually nice pocket change from daily STF. Common/uncommon gear goes straight to recycle simply because the profit on those is nearly nonexistent, but rare/very rare go for very good rates.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 204
# 20
01-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
We can sit here and argue back and forth, but i strongly suggest you check the exchange.
A purple shield goes for at least 70% and depending on the stats it can go to 150%.

Consumable replicated for 150, i can buy for 100 at trader and resell for 125 on exchange.

Would not have called it if i had not done seem it in person. It's actually nice pocket change from daily STF. Common/uncommon gear goes straight to recycle simply because the profit on those is nearly nonexistent, but rare/very rare go for very good rates.
No, I have to agree with latinumbar. I have taken purple shields, deflectors, and engines to the exchange many, many, many times and I have only seen the going rate be over 50% value once, maybe twice. Rare and below? Never. Not once.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:57 AM.