Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
# 11
01-06-2013, 06:12 PM
I don't own one, but looking at the stats I think my first impulse would be set the universal to an engineer and treat it like a Fed Cruiser. Thick hull, excellent shields, no turn rate, be a heck of a tank/healer/support with 6 beams and 2 hangars for offense. Could do horrifc things like ES3 + TSS3. This sort of setup get much try?
Empire Veteran
# 12
01-06-2013, 06:15 PM
I mean I would much rather have FBP3/TBR3/VM3 in a commander sci slot instead of GW3, depending on my build
Captain
# 13
01-07-2013, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
GW3 has been a Staple for me and most other Science Captains.

I find GW3 to be much stronger than GW1 and I would not waste a Lt.Commander slot on a level 1 skill when I could fill that slot with TSS3 or HE3 but that's just me.
In PvE? What are you doing in a Recluse carrier that could possibly require TSS3 or HE3? The thing has such a massive tank it's damn near impossible to die anyway. I don't even use the LtCmdr Eng slot of a defensive power because its so unnecessary.

The Recluse also has ridiculous damage potential, maybe the highest currently in the game.

Last edited by xantris; 01-07-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Ensign
# 14
01-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Yeah,

Sadly I felt like I was becoming a liability in Elite Space STF's that I'd normally walk through with my Vo'Quv so I switched back.

The Recluse is much better suited to a Tactical Captain IMO.

The widow fighters were just too soft and could not generate enough damage to justify using them.

I've added the Recluse to my Collection of Carriers but unless it gets some better Hanger support craft I doubt I'll use it again.

The Torpedo is still pretty sweet and it can be slotted on any vessel so I guess picking up the Recluse did net me a nice new toy.
Im saving up to buy a recluse so I want to know as much about the thing as possible. If the Widow fighters are as bad as you say, what would you suggest as a replacement? (this will be my first Carrier)

EDIT: also I main a Klink if that helps any
Captain
# 15
01-08-2013, 07:54 PM
If you want pure DPS, the Elite Scorpions are probably your best bet for a hangar pet. You're not going to find a lot in terms of pets that can survive a good hit outside of the frigates, though.
Empire Veteran
# 16
01-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natorandrakus View Post
Im saving up to buy a recluse so I want to know as much about the thing as possible. If the Widow fighters are as bad as you say, what would you suggest as a replacement? (this will be my first Carrier)

EDIT: also I main a Klink if that helps any
The best Fighter option for the Recluse would be the Ultra Rare Scorpion Fighters that come from T5 in the Romulan Rep system.

You can get Very Rare Scorpion Fighters from T3 Romulan Rep System.

If you don't have access to the above you can always use the Advance To'Duj Fighters that you can get from the Dilithuim store.

Good Hunting
Ensign
# 17
01-08-2013, 09:04 PM
hmm. the advanced tu'duj fighters? alright. sounds like ill be using them (ill have to stick with them once i get the Recluse since i havnt worked on my romulan rep....at all...)
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
01-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Quote:
I have to say it looks great; however, I'm having a tough time trying to find a good BO setup for it.

My Science Captain is pretty much all Science speced and the Recluse almost forces you to put a Tac in the universal Commander slot.

My setup in the Vo'Quv had the perfect blance between Science and Tactical skills.

With my Vo'Quv I could use Target Subsystems Shields 3, Cannon Rapid Fire 1 and Tactical Team 1 and still had Gravity Well 3, Tyken's Rift 1 and a bunch more Science skills to play with.

The Recluse has me stumped because you either have 5 Tactical Skills and 4 Science Skills or 8 Science Skills and 1 Tactical skill.

If the Recluse had a Lt. Commander Tactical station it would have been a much better vessel for me but with only its ensign Tactical station it's looking like I'll be back in my Vo'Quv very soon.

If anyone has any good BO setups for the Recluse feel free to share, I'd like to get a return on that 50 million Ec I dropped on the thing

I guess I could come up with a pure Science BO setup, at least that way I'd be able to keep using my GW3 and TR1.
the best thing about the recluse is the universal i tend to switch out boffs for the situation engi for when i wanna tank or sci for surpport but yeah if u want dps go for tact

also for fighters if u want pure dmg go for skull fighters, but if ur fed go for rom fighters