Lt. Commander
# 1 shield regeneration assistance
01-05-2013, 10:49 PM
hello.
i normally do things on my own with this type of stuff but i think i need some help with what i'm doing/trying to obtain. as the title suggests regeneration ship shield regeneration and looking to improve on it quite abit. different ship/personal skills retrain isnt what i'm looking for. more on passive regeneration currently i'm using and getting as follows.
assimilated borg set xi 3 part
consoles x2 shield emitter amplifer 13.1% regen rate (15% ones obviously better but making sure i'm on the right track with this)
consoles x2 emitter array 26.2% (to improve science team 3.. 3954.4 regen)
104 shield power setting and 51 engine 36 weapon 91 auxiliary
with 1400 shield regen each faceing shield every 6 sec also got omega t4 rep superior shield repair.
weapon power and engine arent needed for this but are as low as i can get them is there a way to increase regen rate from 6 to every 1 or so second? and i'm looking to increase the amount every 6 seconds to around maybe 2 2500 or higher shield regen any advice?
and incase anyones woundering i'm using the t4 science ship the reconnaissance science vessel.
and thank you for reading
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
01-05-2013, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverofwars View Post
hello.
i normally do things on my own with this type of stuff but i think i need some help with what i'm doing/trying to obtain. as the title suggests regeneration ship shield regeneration and looking to improve on it quite abit. different ship/personal skills retrain isnt what i'm looking for. more on passive regeneration currently i'm using and getting as follows.
assimilated borg set xi 3 part
consoles x2 shield emitter amplifer 13.1% regen rate (15% ones obviously better but making sure i'm on the right track with this)
consoles x2 emitter array 26.2% (to improve science team 3.. 3954.4 regen)
104 shield power setting and 51 engine 36 weapon 91 auxiliary
with 1400 shield regen each faceing shield every 6 sec also got omega t4 rep superior shield repair.
weapon power and engine arent needed for this but are as low as i can get them is there a way to increase regen rate from 6 to every 1 or so second? and i'm looking to increase the amount every 6 seconds to around maybe 2 2500 or higher shield regen any advice?
and incase anyones woundering i'm using the t4 science ship the reconnaissance science vessel.
and thank you for reading

There is no way to increase the frequency of regeneration.

As far as increasing regeneration amounts your on the right track. Transfer shield streangth also increases regeneration. But really those 13.% consoles aren't doing that much. 41.134 regen added per console for the base 314 regeneration on the assimilated shield, and I don't remember how diminishing returns affects this.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
There is no way to increase the frequency of regeneration.

As far as increasing regeneration amounts your on the right track. Transfer shield streangth also increases regeneration. But really those 13.% consoles aren't doing that much. 41.134 regen added per console for the base 314 regeneration on the assimilated shield, and I don't remember how diminishing returns affects this.
just tested ingame with full power to shields 1374.3 shield regen every 6 seconds when i put the 2 consoles 13% ones went to 1662.9 so a good increase for me but thats with full to shields and not the 104 with 91 aux power as fo heals i got science team 3 with about 15 sec cooldown with duty officers x2 transfer shield strength mark2 hazard emitters mark 3 hazard emitters mark1 emergency power to shields1 and auxiliary to structural the reason behind trying to get high passive regen is to allow them to be used on a target as solo healer which has worked effectivly but fails when something gets too close and blows me up :-D
Captain
# 4 Hi
01-06-2013, 04:41 AM
Can I just ask what you do for damage with low aux and low weapon power and also this must be a pvp build is it?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2013, 11:21 AM
not for pvp just pve staying alive with alot shooting at me without much effort towards healing my self testing things out really. as for damage i'm not fireing just the odd torpedo or energy bolt with anti proton beam arrays to shoot incoming mines torpedos or anything else like fighters buzzing around
Captain
# 6
01-08-2013, 07:16 AM
But to get things to shoot at you you have to move high enough up the threat tree in order to drag aggro from other players and to do this you need to do damage and lots of it

The Borg aren't just going to think oh my god that guy has got hazards emitters III arrrggggh take him out quickly he could heal the sh. Outta that other guy in the bug ship which is hitting me with 9000dps

**edit** I'm not slating you I just don't want to end up in a pug que get into the game with a ship that does nothing but heal in the team and have to work 10 times as hard for my dilit. Healing in this game is a by gone age in pve I can take my tac bop into an elite stf rain hell down on a cube then use my OWN heals to get back up to full health before moving on

Last edited by mustafatennick; 01-08-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
I can take my tac bop into an elite stf rain hell down on a cube then use my OWN heals to get back up to full health before moving on
Quoted for truth, Even the defiant can do this with just two eng and two science abilites.