Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Request new Bridge Packs
01-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I would personally love to see some new bridge packs with 3D consoles like Aquarius bridge. I know that Star Trek never had Mass Effect like consoles but technology progresses and 2409 is 30 years after the last TNG movie, also 3D consoles were mentioned in one DS9 episodes as something the federation would have in the future. Okay they were never shown but that had more to do with limitations for the episode budgets and CGI.

Aquarius Bridge Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E3q1phPous
Lieutenant
# 2
01-08-2013, 08:40 PM
I support this, it would be nice to see a couple of 2409 bridge packs. Or at least make the Aquarius bridge purchasable.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-09-2013, 12:38 AM
Track down and look at the oddy bundle bridge.
Ensign
# 4
01-09-2013, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Track down and look at the oddy bundle bridge.
Which... cannot be used on any ship other than Odyssey, tragically, unless I am mistaken?
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
01-09-2013, 04:01 AM
No offense to the Devs, but the Oddy's Bridge is a perfect example of exactly what's wrong with the entire thinking of the ship interiors. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of more futuristic bridge designs seeing as how this game is still stuck in the ST past (with very few exceptions), but form still has to follow function, and just like the Oddy itself the bridge it comes with is a oversized monstrosity of who cares about anything except if it looks good or if the camera will fit.

All of the movies after ST: Generations set a new design principle which was followed into DS9 and Voyager as well. Ships were designed to be smaller,sleeker, and more utilitarian than Utopian, and unfortunately STO has pretty much completely disregarded this.

Anyone that watched DS9 knows the Defiant is a tough little badass and it proved it many times.

Voyager made it what 70,000 light-years

Bigger isn't better and this needs to be translated into the new bridge designs as well as the new ship designs.
Career Officer
# 6
01-09-2013, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
No offense to the Devs, but the Oddy's Bridge is a perfect example of exactly what's wrong with the entire thinking of the ship interiors. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of more futuristic bridge designs seeing as how this game is still stuck in the ST past (with very few exceptions), but form still has to follow function, and just like the Oddy itself the bridge it comes with is a oversized monstrosity of who cares about anything except if it looks good or if the camera will fit.

All of the movies after ST: Generations set a new design principle which was followed into DS9 and Voyager as well. Ships were designed to be smaller,sleeker, and more utilitarian than Utopian, and unfortunately STO has pretty much completely disregarded this.

Anyone that watched DS9 knows the Defiant is a tough little badass and it proved it many times.

Bigger isn't better and this needs to be translated into the new bridge designs as well as the new ship designs.

I like the Odyssey (Aquarius) bridge but have never figured exactly what purpose the lower-section serves that couldn't be undertaken on one of the numerous upper-level stations, especially since so few of the upper-level consoles/workstations are actually manned. And the way you get at least two BOFF's just stood there - no-where near a console/workstation - is odd too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-09-2013, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post

No offense taken.

The Odyssey has two bridges included into the pack. A very spacious main bridge which is a variant of the star cruiser bridges and the smaller bridge of the Aquarius. Specifically I was talking about the Aquarius bridge, but not that the layout but more about the style of the consoles. Personally I think a bridge can be kept small and utilitarian and at the same time a bit more futuristic.