Lieutenant
# 1 Andoria... What a waste.
01-08-2013, 06:09 PM
A wish for season 8.

It would be great if Andoria could be developed a bit more. Maybe an area that could be used as a social zone.

Perhaps a slightly more temperate and inviting area, something like winter wonderland with some locals and an Andorian tavern. Maybe an exchange, bank, etc.

Might make a good tie in with the Andorian ship.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
01-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Andoria is just one of those failed dreams that got pushed into a micro singularity.
Earth Solar System
Starship interior games
All and more can be found in that sink hole.

That is not me speaking badly about STO. All compaines have dreams/plans that just does not get off the ground. 2 letters 1 number EV1 But who knows maybe they will have a reason to do something with it in the future. If not... its still a fun place to hike and run.
Captain
# 3
01-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Do you realize how cold Andoria is? There's a reason why those guys are blue, IJS.

Though I do feel ya. It's like realizing that you'll never be able to wipe those pesky Klingons off Uranus.
Captain
# 4
01-08-2013, 09:08 PM
I'd like to see all of the planetary maps get the New Romulus treatment. Earth might be well tamed but there must be something out there in the Vulcan desert.
# 5
01-08-2013, 11:06 PM
You ever drive past new housing subdivisions and see the Coming Soon: Swimming Pool or Coming Soon: Tennis Courts? Andoria and Risa feel like that. Where it's anyone's guess when/if the pool/tennis court is gonna ever get built.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Hmm, me not so much, at least not for EVERY planetary map. New Romulus already has the feeling of a traditional ground-based MMO to me, except the quests are "ambient" and progress-based instead of "Do x number of y". That said, I prefer the New Romulus quest system to the Nukara Prime or Defera Invasion quest system, since you can do anything you like to get to 100% and more or less ignore the most boring (or hardest) stuff.

Rather, I'd like for SOME zones to be "New Romulus"-ized and OTHER zones, especially "peaceful" zones like Risa to get the "Q's Winter Wonderland" treatment. A medium-sized zone with regularly scheduled "event" quests that everyone can participate in.

Imagine it. Every 20 minutes, a Risa beach SHARK ATTACK where you fight sharks surfing in on the tide. And every 50 minutes, a Risa SWIMSUIT CONTEST, where only characters who bought the open jacket costumes are eligible.

And so on.
Republic Veteran
# 7
01-09-2013, 01:37 AM
I would love it if Andoria and Vulcan can get the New Romulus treatment. I wan to climb mohntains on Andor and hike the Forge on Vulcan. I am fine with Risa getting the Winter Wonderland treatment.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Career Officer
# 8
01-09-2013, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
You ever drive past new housing subdivisions and see the Coming Soon: Swimming Pool or Coming Soon: Tennis Courts? Andoria and Risa feel like that. Where it's anyone's guess when/if the pool/tennis court is gonna ever get built.
My personal favorite was a sign advertising a new office complex "coming soon in 1986" that wasn't removed until around 1994.

Porthos is not amused.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-09-2013, 04:45 AM
There is so much that could be done to Andoria, as one of the founding members of the Federation it deserves a bit of love and should be more than an unused ground PvP arena...even if it doesn't get the "New Romulus" treatment a Defari treatment would be nice (not the invasion zone). I mean Andorians don't live in the wind and flying snow all of the time.
Career Officer
# 10
01-09-2013, 04:52 AM
RISA has the best chance of a Social Zone Upgrade.

Put a half dozen mini-Vacation type missions.

And it all gets paid for by a C-Store "Vacation Wear" Custome Pack with swimwear and Hawaiian shirts.