Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Captain
# 21
12-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
Hmm. What are your traits? What if you add only one Saurian? What careers are your Saurians?
Creative + Astrophysicist. The Saurians are indeed Scientists, however the Borg is an Engineer. If I add only 1 Saurian (no other efficient BOFFs) I still get +1. If I add the Borg only, I get +1. If I add both, I get +2.

Perhaps the outcome is also affected by current Power Levels? I have 25/45/30/100 and I get the mentioned bonus to weapons/shields/engines.

Last edited by drake122svk; 12-22-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
12-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Efficient only applies when power levels are low. Perhaps the Borg boff has different functionality. Whatever. We'll have to wait and see if the pace picks up with the resolution of these old and new issues.
Commander
# 23
12-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Efficient works fine, as mentionned previously it adds to Warp Core Efficiency.
If you're not seeing an increase with 1 Efficient BOFF, it just means that the increase was too low to be visible due to truncation: if your power in a subsystem goes from 50.12 to 50.47, it'll still show up as 50.

But I can assure you that it works and doesn't require an Efficient char, hence why I tend to use 5 Saurians/Letheans.
Career Officer
# 24
12-23-2012, 03:28 PM
It is true that sometimes DR takes the effectiveness of Efficient down to half a point, in which case the difference is too low to be visible, but it is also the case that sometimes the skill simply doesn't work properly at all. The reasons appear to have something to do with permutations of captain and boff, and could probably be worked out with a couple hours of good solid internal testing.

Last edited by aestu; 12-23-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
We've recently uncovered a bug that is limiting the functionality of species-specific Traits in space combat. In essence, unless you're the same species as the Bridge Officer in question, you can't benefit from a Species-specific Bridge Officer trait (like Covert Operative or Leadership).

The Trait itself functions fine, but we're experiencing issues with them propagating properly to your Captain.

We hope to have this cleared up in the very near future.
Any schedule on when this will be corrected?

Thx
Locutus