Captain
# 11
01-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Do tickets even get a response?
I think that rewards in stfs should be proportional to activity, if you're doing active dps or even only active heals on other players then you are participating, if you do nothing, you get nothing.
Career Officer
# 12
01-09-2013, 06:00 PM
I leave them. I would rather a leaver penalty than work for AFKers.
Commander
# 13
01-09-2013, 07:15 PM
while back i said this on the forums that the AFkers in stf will become a problem
and tried to suggestion to have players sent to facility 4028 for 6 hour punishment
if reported enough times.
its a nice idea since they dont like banning people. so this would be easier solution.

and look at it now. i guess someone will have to suggest it again because i am done
trying to suggest stuff and getting trolled for it.
Ensign
# 14
02-04-2013, 03:21 AM
agree with OP.
As new player I'm not allowed to create a thread, but this thread is similar in that it deals with queued events, so sorry if it seems like thread hijack.

I've only done PvE queue fleet action 3 times at this point (kill some Klingons near a station) . I rolled an engineer, flying a cruiser that i've pimped out with survivability gear (tank role).

During the fleet action, my energy is set to max shield recharge, and when the enemy battleships come out in the 2nd wave i'm in the front, rotating defensive cooldowns, taking a pounding while the other players attack the ships that are attacking me.

When the fleet action ends, I've always gotten the lowest tier reward. I've never seen a need or greed role, or a blue or purple reward.

I'm pretty sure the dps players wouldn't have been able to sit on the enemy battleships and dps them if I wasn't soaking the hits, so why am I not rewarded for tanking? This is supposed to be a PvE queue.

There is no score screen shown afterwards like all the other MMORPGs that i've played. so I can't see total damage taken or dealt or the total friendly healz by science vessels (haven't seen one yet, but assume they queue also...)

Can someone please confirm if queued events like the fleet actions only reward DPS role players and not healers or tanks?
Captain
# 15
02-04-2013, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
If you see someone that is intentionally afk, then it is open season to have fun with them. Leave, have a cube follow you to the afker, wait 20 minutes, etc. As long as there are lazy people that want rewards, then there will be afkers.

Most effective method would be to have the game itself punish afkers. I played City of Heroes and their Incarnate Raids had a mechanism where if not enough useful activity is done (damaging npcs, healing allies), then they get the consolation prize. Just damaging the gateway in ISE would not be useful activity since its just one target. Sucks if your game crashed or disconnected, but worth the cost of reducing afkers. So instead of getting 60+ Omega Marks, then they would get 5. I doubt many afkers would afk through 12 or more elite STFs to get the same amount that they would get through one elite STF if they played normally.
I'd say Cryptic should fix the disconnect issues first, THEN implement your idea. Otherwise, people who get disconnected from the server (Cryptic's fault) get penalized for something that's not their fault.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Captain
# 16
02-04-2013, 07:00 AM
I have seen leechers in a lot of missions. The Romulan Mine Trap gets a lot of leeching and I feel bad for people who try to get the accolade from enough Romulans being saved but cant because of all the leeching that goes on their.

The worst of it is when someone leeches ground elite stf missions because they are already difficult enough but when short handed they become so very hard that the optional objective will fail and that even the mission being completed has a good chance to fail with people giving up once things get really hard.
Career Officer
# 17
02-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Two days ago this guy in a Wells class ship goes AFK in a PVP match of all places. I was in my Temp Destroyer and as I respawned twice I noticed that each time he was still in the same place hiding under an asteroid trying to avoid a fight. Eventually I got the atte tion of the enemy fleet and they found both him and I yet... They only fired on ME!

So it looks like the AFKr just didnt want to fight his friends maybe?!? AFKrs should be insta killed by invisible Borg torps.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Ensign
# 18
02-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Going to have to say in the month I've been playing I've noticed ground combat to typically be more personal and involve more communication between players.

Ground combat should have a vote kick system. It is far easier to spot an AFK / blatent troll in ground combat.
Captain
# 19
02-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Just finished Khitomer In Stasis (Elite) and someone died and respawned and then did nothing at all the rest of the way. We failed the optional by a few seconds. Had he helped instead of starting to leech we would of had the optional. Leechers are really pissing me off.
Captain
# 20
02-08-2013, 07:35 AM
A "vote to kick" option is undeniably needed. Ignore the cries about the potential for abuse. A lot of those complaints are coming from the leechers themselves. Not many people are going to vote out a productive pick-up game team member.