Rihannsu
the skill reads that it upgrades my next torpedo attack. different torpedo's do different additional types of damage. it reads like its a buff.

when i execute it, it appears to have a running buff, however it puts all of my torpedo's on a 55 second cooldown and I cant fire them off. By the time I can fire them, the buff is gone.

what am i doing wrong?
Career Officer
# 2
01-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Hi Voodoopapa

The 35 sec isn't a cooldown it a count down. You have 35 sec to use the buff. To then use the Torps, you must be facing the target, torps only have a 90 deg arc so that 45 deg either side of your Bow/Aft depending on where your launcher is.
Rihannsu
# 3
01-09-2013, 07:54 PM
roger all the above. im using it for an alpha strike, always facing forward. like i said, the moment i hit the skill all of my torpedos go on cooldown, forward and aft and i cant use them until the 55 second cooldown is over.
Career Officer
# 4
01-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Have you tried any other torp types? Sounds like a bug, raise a ticket with support.
Rihannsu
# 5
01-09-2013, 08:04 PM
well, i have a forward plasma, and a photon aft. both go on cooldown the moment the skill is initialized.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Can you try hitting the ability, facing your enemy and then pressing 'ctrl + space bar'.

'ctrl + space bar' is the manual command to fire torpedos at your target if your target is within the firing arc of one of your launchers and it is ready to fire.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoopapa View Post
well, i have a forward plasma, and a photon aft. both go on cooldown the moment the skill is initialized.
As pblmchld said, this sounds like a count down not a cool down. This is the time you have to fire a torpedo from one of those launchers before it no longer recives the buff.

After one of those launchers fires the one that did should start its cool down but the count down on the other should disapear and it should be ready to fire normaly. Assuming it isnt still on cool down from a previus strike, in which case it will revert to displaying its cool down number.

If this dosnt sound like what is happening to you then as others have said you must be buged and should report the issue.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-09-2013, 09:45 PM
YOu shouls also run the DOFF mission called "Discipline crewman" then choose some one from your tactical department and make an example of him. OR if you a klingon run "execute for incompetence". This should shake up your load crews and get them back on task.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
# 9
01-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
YOu shouls also run the DOFF mission called "Discipline crewman" then choose some one from your tactical department and make an example of him. OR if you a klingon run "execute for incompetence". This should shake up your load crews and get them back on task.
God, I love this game.