Empire Veteran
# 51
01-10-2013, 06:03 AM
Rapid Fire Post Cannons activated! Hmmmm 10% revealed patch notes 90% stealth nerf

Edit: Wierd my cookie malfunctioned and it shows this page that says sign in and win a free torpedo launcher wt(sensored/cloaked/whatever).

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 01-10-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Career Officer
# 52
01-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, January 10th, at 6AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 4 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten1009 View Post
You should stop complaining about the duration of maintenance. Do you know if there is a major optimization/update to the database?
Just imagine you would log in after the patch and all your hypos are gone, instead of them you've got a full MACO/KHG adapted ground-/space-set, or you would have got 100k more refined Dilithium... That would cause massive problems, since hypos don't drop from every enemy you defeat.
Would this optimization not be touted in the patch notes?
Captain
# 53
01-10-2013, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Rapid Fire Post Cannons activated! Hmmmm 10% revealed patch notes 90% stealth nerf

Edit: Wierd my cookie malfunctioned and it shows this page that says sign in and win a free torpedo launcher wt(sensored/cloaked/whatever).
So what are these "stealth nerfs" going to be that you claim?
Captain
Well, once again, shard maintenance is happening at 2:00 p.m. here in Europe, to 6:00 p.m.

Would it hurt them to just Once ? in a while, do it at a time that is Not so unfair to

Europe? It's Always at a time that goes good with the West! (And I know, it's cause that's where the game originates), yet how bout us Europe Customers eh?

Last edited by amahood; 01-10-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 55
01-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
So what are these "stealth nerfs" going to be that you claim?
They are going to nerf all the healing percentages of the food no one ever uses The horror of it all no more drinking blood wine out of combat for me!

Edit: Or maybe they are converting all that foods into tacos

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 01-10-2013 at 06:17 AM.
Career Officer
# 56
01-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlalo View Post
Would this optimization not be touted in the patch notes?
In the patch-notes you've got information about bug-fixes and changes to the gameplay. You won't read anything about updates to the OS of the servers, database optimization or something like that.

You should also remember that Cryptic/PWE sometimes fails to merge multiple Tribble-'Patch-Notes to the Patch-Notes for Holodeck-Server. So if there were more then one Tribble-Patch since the last Holodeck-Patch, read all the Tribble-Patch-Notes to get the complete picture.
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Republic Veteran
# 57
01-10-2013, 06:17 AM
because that's the time they work, and that's how it always has been.

The game was created by the West and run by them, who are controlled by the people in the east.
Captain
# 58
01-10-2013, 06:19 AM
I kinda prefer it this way. Allows me to do something constructive with my day.

At least you know this happens on a Thursday afternoon. If they started to move it around it would be more awkward for everyone.
Career Officer
# 59
01-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten1009 View Post
In the patch-notes you've got information about bug-fixes and changes to the gameplay. You won't read anything about updates to the OS of the servers, database optimization or something like that.

You should also remember that Cryptic/PWE sometimes fails to merge multiple Tribble-'Patch-Notes to the Patch-Notes for Holodeck-Server. So if there were more then one Tribble-Patch since the last Holodeck-Patch, read all the Tribble-Patch-Notes to get the complete picture.
They should specify in the notes that they're doing that; they can't sit there and claim they have common sense and expect people to be content with it taking 4 hours to correct 4 typos.

I personally don't mind the downtime, it can be down all day, I have other things I can be doing, but I just don't see the reasoning in not letting people know they're doing larger maintenance behind the seems, else they build a stigma of, well, laziness.

Every other mmo I've played does this (the last I know).

Last edited by lordlalo; 01-10-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Community Moderator
# 60
01-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
Well, once again, shard maintenance is happening at 2:00 p.m. here in Europe, to 6:00 p.m.

Would it hurt them to just Once ? in a while, do it at a time that is Not so unfair to
Yes; it would increase the number of users who are inconvenienced. It's pure numbers.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Closed Thread