Career Officer
# 71
01-10-2013, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
Well, once again, shard maintenance is happening at 2:00 p.m. here in Europe, to 6:00 p.m.

Would it hurt them to just Once ? in a while, do it at a time that is Not so unfair to

Europe? It's Always at a time that goes good with the West! (And I know, it's cause that's where the game originates), yet how bout us Europe Customers eh?

It wouldn't kill them just to switch the times around more Often for us so that the shard maintenance happens at like 7 am here as it does in the west !

Oh I don't know. It's just extremely annoying that it seems they don't give a care about those in Europe as much as they do in the usa. Typical.

God forbid if the usa wasn't number one! ooooh oh no!
Sorry but 2PM isn't exactly "Prime Time" in Europe either ... most Europeans have to work at that time ... people in Siberia or Kazakhstan are the real victims here
Captain
# 72
01-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutmosis85 View Post
Sorry but 2PM isn't exactly "Prime Time" in Europe either ... most Europeans have to work at that time .
Not if your retired... or disabled.. or on a day off... or ...
Lt. Commander
# 73
01-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Quote:
true, yet couldn't they just hire a team in Europe?
possibly. but would need great team work between them both each would need same files data perfect coyps of each others work most likely make things go a bit slower and be a bit of a waste of resources for small convience to europe. only real issue is finding something to do for 4 hours
Career Officer
# 74
01-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Not if your retired... or disabled.. or on a day off... or ...
If you're one of these 7am isn't exactly "better" .... it's just not EU Prime Time !

Some Europeans might want to play at 2PM, some at 7AM ... but thats not really the point here ... or is it ?

Last edited by thutmosis85; 01-10-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Commander
# 75
01-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Embarrassing thread.

I'm european myself and I couldn't care less about what time exactly they patch.
Most people here are fairly level headed and understand there's always noon some place,
so any downtime will fall into someones prime time hours (altho, of course, there are times where only some poeple living on a couple of islands would be affected).

Let Cryptic have downtime when it pleases them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 76
01-10-2013, 06:42 AM
Possible rant incoming but there's no exploding KDF ships to distract me so blame Crypyic:

I'd like the devs to spend some time fixing the bugs and texture problems that make the game look shoddy.

Along with obvious errors in some textures (Galaxy-X hull having a weird triangle on all but 1 texture) there's the long standing error with special shields not altering the nacelles on the Vesta or the ring on the Vulcan ship.

The KDF 1000 day ship doesn't show as extended during sector travel but should as it extends when leaving a system and contracts when entering. This hasn't worked properly since it was released.

What annoys me is these aren't rarely occurring errors or difficult to see; they are always there and would have been spotted if they'd been checked. Not extensive testing either. I spotted the Vet ship was bugged the day I got it as soon as I left the system. So why didn't a dev? With the texture problems these are so blatant they also couldn't have been missed if the most basic of testing had been done.

There are lots of other problems but these are the ones that whenever I see make me think the devs aren't taking as much care as they should be and not giving things sufficient testing.

Tl;dr please fix long standing texture bugs and errors, they make the game look bad
Captain
# 77
01-10-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post
Embarrassing thread.

I'm european myself and I couldn't care less about what time exactly they patch.
Most people here are fairly level headed and understand there's always noon some place,
so any downtime will fall into someones prime time hours (altho, of course, there are times where only some poeple living on a couple of islands would be affected).

Let Cryptic have downtime when it pleases them.
ok I agree. I guess I was just bored LOL.
Empire Veteran
# 78
01-10-2013, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
ok so they are fixing the transporter officers but NOT fixing the Tricobalt mines ? shows you where their priorities lay
.. but Tricobalt mines aren't broken. There's nothing wrong with them.
Career Officer
# 79
01-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Again - always appropriate to post in these threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie
Random grumbling about downtime causing inability to play during peak hours in timezone X.

Generic complaint about why hasn't bug X, Y, or Z not being fixed.

Protest over how long the downtime takes.

Preemptive complaint over the extended downtime.

Massive outrage over newly broken ______ (fill in the blank)

This concludes the thread in one post! Brandon, please lock it now.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Ensign
# 80
01-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Why would they, it's all the same server.
Mmm logicaly speaking if one designes a universal buisness then its only good buisness sense to cater for an all round time frame after all if one had to make a delivery of a produce you wouldnt deliver at closeing time LOL.
Closed Thread