Empire Veteran
# 81
01-10-2013, 06:51 AM
gotta add this one, Reyan01:

Reposting of post indicating how the rest of thread will go.
Career Officer
# 82
01-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
Well, once again, shard maintenance is happening at 2:00 p.m. here in Europe, to 6:00 p.m.

Would it hurt them to just Once ? in a while, do it at a time that is Not so unfair to

Europe? It's Always at a time that goes good with the West! (And I know, it's cause that's where the game originates), yet how bout us Europe Customers eh?

It wouldn't kill them just to switch the times around more Often for us so that the shard maintenance happens at like 7 am here as it does in the west !

Oh I don't know. It's just extremely annoying that it seems they don't give a care about those in Europe as much as they do in the usa. Typical.

God forbid if the usa wasn't number one! ooooh oh no!
A quote that seems VERY appropriate for this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie
Random grumbling about downtime causing inability to play during peak hours in timezone X.

Generic complaint about why hasn't bug X, Y, or Z not being fixed.

Protest over how long the downtime takes.

Preemptive complaint over the extended downtime.

Massive outrage over newly broken ______ (fill in the blank)

This concludes the thread in one post! Brandon, please lock it now.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 83
01-10-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlalo View Post
They should specify in the notes that they're doing that; they can't sit there and claim they have common sense and expect people to be content with it taking 4 hours to correct 4 typos.

I personally don't mind the downtime, it can be down all day, I have other things I can be doing, but I just don't see the reasoning in not letting people know they're doing larger maintenance behind the seems, else they build a stigma of, well, laziness.

Every other mmo I've played does this (the last I know).
Ok, let's say they were running Debian-Sid/Aptosid (Linux) for some odd reason on their game-servers. You could expect a new kernel-patch at least once per week, gcc/g++ (C/C++-Compilers) updates and so on. Would you like them to merge all these updates to the Patch-Notes?
Even if they were only using Ubuntu, you would get Patch-Notes that would fill pages...

So please, don't complain about too less information about "what is done during this maintenance".
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Career Officer
# 84
01-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milestfox View Post
gotta add this one, Reyan01:

Reposting of post indicating how the rest of thread will go.
Meh - don't see the problem. It's incredibly accurate, and the oringial poster had it spot on - it IS how these threads go.

EVERY

SINGLE

TIME.

Commander
# 85
01-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Quote:
They should specify in the notes that they're doing that; they can't sit there and claim they have common sense and expect people to be content with it taking 4 hours to correct 4 typos.

I personally don't mind the downtime, it can be down all day, I have other things I can be doing, but I just don't see the reasoning in not letting people know they're doing larger maintenance behind the seems, else they build a stigma of, well, laziness.

There could be any number of reasons it's down for four hours, but Cryptic isn't under any obligation to tell us why.

They could be attempting to fix an exploit, transferring the data to a new server, the data centre could be undergoing their maintenance and shutting off all servers for 4 hours, upgrading the database, pre-patching for the anniversary event, hardware maintenance, OS upgrade or even just ensuring the patch gets installed without a hitch.

The EULA does state clearly that they can take the servers down with no warning and keep them down as long as they like, we're getting notice that they're taking them down for an extended maintenance and that's more than they're obliged to do by the EULA.
Lt. Commander
# 86
01-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Edit: Or maybe they are converting all that foods into tacos
+10 to your Hat Dance skill! I will be the Frito Bandito IN SPACE!
Lt. Commander
# 87
01-10-2013, 07:01 AM
Quote:

Basically people want PWE to spell out word for word every single line of code that needs fixing/is being changed. Because OMG we HAVE to know what you're doing, and if you don't tell us what you're doing then you must not be doing anything at all....

Yes, I'm sure that's what many players think. I've worked support for a large ISP for about 10 years, and that is EXACTLY what most users tend to think.

1 - If PWE would have to list every single fix/change in every single update, writing that down for you would take longer than the actual downtime. The added time to do all this would be calculated into the playing fees / ZEN costs, and you lot wil have something else to mope about.
2 - I dare say not a single one of you will actually READ the entire thing.
3 - Most complainers still wouldn't be satisfied, even if every single issue would be resolved.... they'd just find something else to moan about. It would take them some time, but they'll find something.
Career Officer
# 88
01-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfusion2012 View Post
OMG 4 hrs is not the end of the world,stop complaining
I don't think anyone here cares if the maintenance is 20 hours, as long as they have more than correcting 4 typos to show for it.
Ensign
# 89
01-10-2013, 07:06 AM
i hope they bring in the new 9ships
im really hope so
Career Officer
# 90
01-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavehunter1998 View Post
i hope they bring in the new 9ships
im really hope so
No mention of this in the patch notes, so I strongly suspect that you'll be disappointed.

Closed Thread