Captain
I look at all the Romulan content as a HUGE waste of time vs STF - as soon as I am done I won't be going anywhere near that area.

Big fails in my mind

Missions give too low marks and no dilthium:

Take Azura rescue - max 18 marks for same time as infected and no dilthium - Infected I have gotten as high as 130 marks one time + 960 dilth + some purple gear.

It is a PAIN in the behind to go over to the sector + why go to new Romulus to chase bunnies for like 5 days then back for another 5 days doffing just to get the 400 marks - lame!

There is no transwarp there - there is a "Romulan" sub-heading at Tier 3 transwarp fleet hub - but no Tau sector - but a shuttle at tier 2 Embassy - Lame - let me transwarp from the main hub.

Sector patrol does the best marks but it is 1 time per day and boring as hell.

You are lucky to get a Red alert 1 time per hour - mostly sitting around waiting and 1/10 times you show up and nothing.

What the heck is the point when the rep system is done?
Career Officer
# 2
01-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I look at all the Romulan content as a HUGE waste of time vs STF - as soon as I am done I won't be going anywhere near that area.

Big fails in my mind

Take Azura rescue - max 18 marks for same time as infected and no dilthium - Infected I have gotten as high as 130 marks one time + 960 dilth + some purple gear.

It is a PAIN in the behind to go over to the sector + why go to new Romulus to chase bunnies for like 5 days then back for another 5 days just to get the 400 marks - lame!

There is no transwarp there - there is a "Romulan" sub-heading at Tier 3 transwarp fleet hub - but no Tay sector - but a shuttle at tier 2 Embassy - Lame - let me transwarp from the main hub.

You are lucky to get a Red alert 1 time per hour - mostly sitting around waiting and 1/10 times you show up and nothing.

Stopped playing "Romulan Content" after realizing, Epohh Tagging can get me ~1000 Marks / week instead of 10 for 20minutes of Gameplay ...
Career Officer
# 3
01-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Quote:

You do know that there's a Romulan Upgrade project that will convert Romulan Marks into Dilithium??? (Which is easy enough to get if you're into Epohh Tagging/Breeding...)
Career Officer
# 4
01-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutmosis85 View Post
Stopped playing "Romulan Content" after realizing, Epohh Tagging can get me ~1000 Marks / week instead of 10 for 20minutes of Gameplay ...
This ^. Besides, Cryptic couldn't even give us five story missions without forcing me to wholly repeat one of them.

There's no reason to really go back and do more Epohh tagging unless they put something mad in the rep store.
----
Captain
# 5
01-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
This ^. Besides, Cryptic couldn't even give us five story missions without forcing me to wholly repeat one of them.

There's no reason to really go back and do more Epohh tagging unless they put something mad in the rep store.
Are the Romulan sets mostly cut and paste of the old Reman?
Captain
# 6
01-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutmosis85 View Post
How is that possible? say you go tagging ever day and group up for 4 tags - then hit only 1 data log each - that takes 5 days before you can get 1 epohh to start the doff raising - which to get the elder must take 4 days?
Career Officer
# 7
01-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Are the Romulan sets mostly cut and paste of the old Reman?
Pretty much - identical set bonuses and marginally different stats (fugly too).

Re: the OP - I stopped the minute I hit Tier 5 in Rom Rep and got the few things I wanted from it - the only time I go back to Tau Dewa space now is whilst looking for Doff contraband missions for my KDFs.

No patrols, no running around the Atlai, no gathering radiation samples and no tagging epohhs - and I'm pretty glad about that

Quote:
How is that possible? say you go tagging ever day and group up for 4 tags - then hit only 1 data log each - that takes 5 days before you can get 1 epohh to start the doff raising - which to get the elder must take 4 days?
Because as with the WW Epohhs, once you've got a chain going, you can keep it going - but despite what people are saying, Epohh tagging is as much of a meaningless grind as any other part of Season 7 - yes, you can make a big pile of Marks doing it, but will you be having fun? I don't see how really.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 01-10-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:

Big fails in my mind

It is a PAIN in the behind to go over to the sector + why go to new Romulus to chase bunnies for like 5 days then back for another 5 days doffing just to get the 400 marks - lame!

There is no transwarp there - there is a "Romulan" sub-heading at Tier 3 transwarp fleet hub - but no Tau sector - but a shuttle at tier 2 Embassy - Lame - let me transwarp from the main hub.

Yep I agree, I have got thousands more Omega points verses playing Romulan Reputation missions for a menial amount. . WTF? I don't even think S7 is worth the effort or time a player puts into it. Where do they come off thinking S7 was a success in the first place? It sucks, but for the time being I drag on.
Career Officer
# 9
01-10-2013, 08:05 AM
to answer the op, yes, i will never farm another romulan mark again once i reach t5 (which is soon).

to me, the quality and quantity of playable and replayable content in correlation to the amount of time it took the devs to develop it is astonishingly bad..

they obviously spent alot of time making the largest explorable map, inwhich you do nothing but a few simple click missions.. on top of that, they have failed to make people "want" to go back.. i know so many people who do two axura rescues a day just to get enouph romulan marks to level the rep.. they dont even want to set foot on the new romulus.

further more, this new romulus story line is perhaps the weekest story line i have seen to date in the game.. the very fact that the klinks are down there trying to help, or that the romulans would allow them to even view their planet is not likely.. i know its easier to make content when for both factions when you copy and paste, but seriously, anyone who has ever watched star trek, knows that the romulans and klinks hate eachother to a friggen T...
Captain
# 10
01-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captyoung01 View Post
Yep I agree, I have got thousands more Omega points verses playing Romulan Reputation missions for a menial amount. . WTF? I don't even think S7 is worth the effort or time a player puts into it. Where do they come off thinking S7 was a success in the first place? It sucks, but for the time being I drag on.
Everyone I talk to is daily looking at their rep progress on the Romulan side - desperate for the day it's finished - those that are done are like "thank the Lord"