Empire Veteran
# 91
01-10-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
so I strongly suspect that you'll be disappointed.
Welcome to the KDF!
Career Officer
# 92
01-10-2013, 07:20 AM
I think given the size their farm must be, and given that they've had 2hr down times recently as well, this 4 hour period points to something other than just cache clearing, dirty memory purges and the like. I think the suggestion that there is some patching and updates going on under the hood at the OS/hardware level is most likely and none of that would really belong in the patch notes because, technically speaking, it's not part of the patch. Those notes list code changes to the game and it wouldn't be appropriate to list anything else. There are very good reasons MMO companies don't publicly disclose their infrastructure specifications.

Then again, it could be they had a late holiday party last night and so they scheduled the patch longer to make sure everyone necessary could manage to stumble in. (heh, I was still young and on the agency side in the late 90s, I remember how all that went!).

It *would* be pretty nice if there were more than one production environment, so at least the downtime wouldn't be as significant to the player-base, but either way. meh. don't care. I have work to do anyway. Happy not-STOing!

(oh my take on the bugs that are being addressed, since everyone is interested? Better some small issues resolved than none at all, thanks devs and others at Cryptic for doing even a little bit of work after the holidays!)
Sekhmet, Fleet Admiral, Ghost Company

Lilith, Shadowcat Elite, Ferason Shadow Force
Ensign
# 93
01-10-2013, 07:27 AM
i like how they put a time converter in their announcement. if we need that do we really need to know what they are fixing? at least they could have told us why we cannot open the windows on an airliner while in flight
Rihannsu
# 94
01-10-2013, 07:31 AM
I hope they fixed the ESD NPC's being pushed out of place issue with this patch! Seeing the notice is removed, we all can hope right?
Ensign
# 95 shame
01-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Its a shame that all the servers go down all at once, surelly Cryptic doesn't have all the servers in one place? If they dont and have say 3 groups of servers ie.. US, Europe and Far East I cant understand why they cant bring it down one at a time during night hours?
Lt. Commander
# 96
01-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The team just got back into the swing of things on Monday, so it's understandable since this just went to Tribble yesterday

Brandon =/\=
Really?? Well, that must have been one hell of a New Years party we all paid for. Hopefully nobody decided to do any behind the scenes ninja drunken coding in the process.
Captain
# 97
01-10-2013, 08:21 AM
List me as one of those thankful for the Tal Shiar redeployment in the Mountain Pass - hopefully that means that the Mountain Pass area will actually be worth visiting now during the Vastam Peaks daily and Red Alert instead of just going circles around the Peaks so we aren't risking two or three squads of Tal Shiar at a time ganging up on our little two-person away teams.

I hope I don't sound like a whiner asking this, but does this mean that you'll also be looking into some of the other problems found on New Romulus, like say... the 'River Troll' and 'Brave New Waterfall' accolades being almost impossible to get?

Don't get me wrong, I like New Romulus - I feel that it's the epitome of what an adventure map should be, not just go in and wander around shooting enemy after enemy and never really feeling like you've accomplished anything. I'm thinking it's the Red Alerts provide a sense of urgency and import, you're walking around and suddenly there's a situation breaking out, you need to get there and solve it, do something.

Or maybe it's the Epohhs.

Yeah, I think it's the Epohhs.
Ensign
# 98 omega gun visuals
01-10-2013, 08:23 AM
I know its not a big thing at all, just kind of wondering if the visuals for the omega autocarbine, all the marks, were going to be fixed at some point. Kind of wierd that its the only gun that doesnt show up on your back.
Lieutenant
# 99 fleet odey
01-10-2013, 08:32 AM
do you guys have any plans to introduce a fleet odey at some point in time?
i ask because when a fleet excelsior flies up next to me with higher hull and shields its relay annoying considering they are 1/4 the size and about 200 years older. ''The pinicale of star fleet design'' the flagship... shouldn't it be more than a whale flopping around with less capability than a 300 year old star ship refit for fleet use?
Captain
# 100
01-10-2013, 08:44 AM
There is just one server. No servers, just one.

As for the programming , I think Cryptic writing in the patch notes : "General software (or hardware) updates" is something that is both short but informative enough.

As for a night shift team... I would rather have more modellers and texturers to make new ships, outfits , and so on, then just to have maintenance at a slightly less annoying time.

But I doubt PWE would spend money on either.
Closed Thread