Career Officer
# 21
01-10-2013, 11:37 AM
I haven't paid in anything since the end of 2011. Not to make a point or anything, obviously it has no impact. If I don't see anything worth buying, then I don't buy anything. We live in an age in which talking has become meaningless. Just take the action you feel is right. My fleet has taken that course and many of them haven't come back since the advent of Season 7. They didn't come here to issue warnings or ultimatums, they just left.

Personally, I am at a complete loss as to how this system could keep the dil exchange above 25. Considering the dilithium grinder is the one putting in the time here I would think they'd be less generous to those looking to buy dilithium for zen. Even at its lowest point, that's still grinding for less than minimum wage. Of course all of this is moot if you really think about it. None of the items acquired either way has a benefit beyond enabling more grinding, or playing content you could have gotten through with a free ship using stock gear.

Has anyone here asked themselves what value this game has once you're done scrambling for shiny things?
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Career Officer
# 22
01-10-2013, 11:40 AM
It is a bit ridicules where the market is now, as the OP said, I stopped buying zen for that reason.

I have a bunch of fleet projects to finish but I'll be dammed to spend 2x the amount to finish them now.

The players are the ones ruining the economy , all trying to undercut the next guy, well all that undercutting has reduced the price so damned much!

It needs to be cleared out and restarted! ( as insane as that might sound lol )
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Also, Dilithium has never been more accessible than it has been now, yet the market is still on the lower side. This is due to the buy and sell orders that players, not Devs, want to make.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Even with all the readditions, there's still a major difference between dilithium now and dilithium before S7: While it's easier to get your 8000 per day, it's much harder to get that first 3000 or so. Thanks to the click-to-win foundry missions and doubled up B'tran daily, it was possible to get your first 4320 dilithium in about 30 minutes per character, and the first 1440 in barely longer than the loadscreens took to log in and back out. That's how most people got their dilithium, hopping alt to alt and hitting the freebies, not hitting their freebies and then hitting the slow run up to 8000.

With the first 1000 being no harder than the last 1000 now, people aren't doing that. So the dilithium refined per log in has probably gone up, per account has probably gone down, which is the amount players can harness to buy zen.
Career Officer
# 24
01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Nah, it's not a diss. But in the context of the OPs point about "the Dilth Econ [is] being ran by greedy over the top business execs" that I'm replying to, I feel I am correct -- it's being run by greedy players . Players set the price they are willing to trade for, and as it's been said many times, by many Devs, we do not manipulate the exchange. Sure, a new Item purchasable by ZEN or Dilithium will cause the market to fluctuate. Also, Dilithium has never been more accessible than it has been now, yet the market is still on the lower side. This is due to the buy and sell orders that players, not Devs, want to make.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Well, not directly, but the Devs do have the ability to control how easy it is to earn dilithium.

I do not mind the dilithium economy so much, because you guys have to make your money somewhere and I think that setting up the exchange was actually a pretty clever way of doing it. What I do mind is gambling with real currency, and that is why I stopped spending money.

Still, I could see spending money if you released something in the c-store that I really wanted, like a TNG bridge pack and my stipend did not cover it. But most of what you seem to be focusing on are lottery items, or consolation prizes for those who play the lottery (id est the lobi store).

If you made those items available similar to how you made the breen ship available, or as a c-store unlock, I would probably drop some cash on them.

I like this game, but the gambling just kills me.
Commander
# 25
01-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
Has anyone here asked themselves what value this game has once you're done scrambling for shiny things?
You.... You existential nihilist!

Have you asked yourself what's the value of life once you're dead?

It's fundamentally the same question, really.

The value of the game and of life is to give you what you want (it's a free will thing).
What people want is complex; as is how they attempt to attain it.
Empire Veteran
# 26
01-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
plus There's The 8000 Dilithium A Day (8500 If You're A Vet; And Use The Npc Refinement Doff Assignment Regularly.) At This Point, On My Main Without Even Trying Hard I Have A Constant Backlog (40 K) Of Dilithium I'll Never Be Able To Refine Unless I Take A Little Under A Week Of Entirely From Playing Sto.

Yes - Dilithium Ore Is Indeed More Plentiful And Easy To Get; But There's So Much More In Game That Take Refined Dilithium (and Nothing Really New In The Zen Based C-store); That Zen Will Be A Less Valued Commodity In Sto For Some Time Tio Come, Unless There's Some Sort Of C-store Item Explosion Coming Soon With Items The Players Actually Want.

Hell, Even The Lockbox Ship Reward Spam Is Way Down, (meaning Not Many Master Keys Being Sold/used); So, Either Sto Real-income For Cryptic/pwe Is Down Atm; Or They're Making A Mint Off Players Who Aren't Concerned With Playing The Sto In Game Market Per Se; And Buying Zen And Converting It Into Refined Dilithium At A Breakneck Pace For Starbases Or Other Items From The In-game Dilithium Stores And/or The New Reputation System.

(btw - Even With Dilithium Ore So Plentiful, I Still Need To Ask Why None Of The Main Game Story Arc Episode Content Gives Some Small Reward For Playing It. Imo It's Now A Vicious Cycle, As I'm Sure Data-mining Shows Not Many Players Play The Sto Episode Content All The Way Though, But, I'm 100% Certain That's Because There's Zero Dilithium To Be Had For Doing So, And Dilithium Acquisition Has Become One Of The Main Things To Do To Progress In Sto And Get The Really Good Endgame Gear.

I Think That Said, Because I Still Like A Lot Of The Episode Content In The Game And Would Like To See More; But Because Of The System In Place; I Don't Think We'll See A Lot Of New Episodic Content, Just More Repeatable Grind/pve Queue Ciontent That Doesn't Add Much To The Story In Sto (imo).

I Really Do Think It's Time; And You Guys Also Add A Small Dilithium Ore Reward To Your Episodic Story Mission Content [and Believe It Should Have Been That Way Since Day One Of The F2p Conversion] - How Can You Still Call Dilithium Sto's 'time-based Currency' And A Reward For Time Spent Doing Content In Game When A Big Portion [and It Was The Main Portion At Sto Launch, And Something The Kdf Faction Still Needs More Of] Of Your Prime In Game Content Reward No Dilithium Ore At All?)
--------------qft-------------
Career Officer
# 27
01-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post
You.... You existential nihilist!
Realists often encounter this kind of reaction. Confront people with the futility of their endeavor and they just have to freak out.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
01-10-2013, 11:57 AM
You didn't point out the futility of his endeavor, though... you just pointed out that his endeavor has an current endpoint to achieve, and asked what purpose the effort had when it was completed... the answer being, it's completed.
Career Officer
# 29
01-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
You didn't point out the futility of his endeavor, though... you just pointed out that his endeavor has an current endpoint to achieve, and asked what purpose the effort had when it was completed... the answer being, it's completed.
That's not what I had asked either, but thanks for trying. The futility of the endeavor lies in grinding for something you don't need, which I did point out.
Commander
# 30
01-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
You didn't point out the futility of his endeavor, though... you just pointed out that his endeavor has an current endpoint to achieve.
He wasn't speaking in first person.

Regarding the futility part. Everything is; especially resistance.