Login

Lieutenant
# 11
01-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastone21 View Post
Tholian Gun ?
Tholian Gun, also know as the ICE SHOTGUN

No armor in the game has resistence to COLD damage, and everyone knows that and thats why everyone uses this gun, its the I WIN button for ground, equip this on a covert cat with cloak kit, and you can kiss your butt goodby in 1 shot and not know what happened to you, and sad thing is cryptic doesn't care at all
Career Officer
# 12
01-07-2013, 11:54 PM
One of the reasons we do not use the cryo or cloak with the covert trait...Actually the Lunge and Pouce 2-step is worse, they need a shared cooldown. Caitians need their own seperate place to play, lol.

Last edited by buccaneerdtb; 01-07-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Captain
# 13
01-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgrandalthor View Post
yes op thing like a tric mine on the ground lol
Is worst, you can evade tric mine, fire at will, spread, scatter volley, and so on.. but tholian gun is just an I win button.

Just imagine this: increase Beam Overload damage by 4, make it ignore shields and that always hit (no miss) and use it on a Defiant. That is the tholian gun.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Career Officer
# 14
01-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Don't forget they can fire while cloaked, that is the worst part of the equation.
Ensign
# 15
01-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Shanty Town is by far the most interesting of the limited ground map selection. It was recently "nerfed" (not sure the term applies to architecture) to make some previously-accessible spots more difficult to access. Frankly, this was done in such a haphazard and illogical way that I have to believe it was unintentional.

The ability to "go vertical" is part of Shanty Town's appeal. Except for a few spots on Otha, the rest of ground PvP shows "two-dimensional thinking," to borrow a phrase.

Far more challenging than accessing these spots is making them tactically relevant. I have seen others reach the spot shown in the OPs screenshot, but I have to admit that it was not until that particular match that I had seen anyone make good use of it.

So, no, I don't think Shanty Town needs to change -- except for the removal of the nonsensical barriers that were recently added. In fact, I'd like to see ground PvP maps expanded to include more such opportunities. Some of the newer PvE maps (Colony Invasion and Mine Trap) are constructed using 3D objects familiar from Shanty Town and could present equally interesting challenges.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
01-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n4h00 View Post
Shanty Town is by far the most interesting of the limited ground map selection. It was recently "nerfed" (not sure the term applies to architecture) to make some previously-accessible spots more difficult to access. Frankly, this was done in such a haphazard and illogical way that I have to believe it was unintentional.

The ability to "go vertical" is part of Shanty Town's appeal. Except for a few spots on Otha, the rest of ground PvP shows "two-dimensional thinking," to borrow a phrase.

Far more challenging than accessing these spots is making them tactically relevant. I have seen others reach the spot shown in the OPs screenshot, but I have to admit that it was not until that particular match that I had seen anyone make good use of it.

So, no, I don't think Shanty Town needs to change -- except for the removal of the nonsensical barriers that were recently added. In fact, I'd like to see ground PvP maps expanded to include more such opportunities. Some of the newer PvE maps (Colony Invasion and Mine Trap) are constructed using 3D objects familiar from Shanty Town and could present equally interesting challenges.
maybe add in some crates so us non cat species can get up there with ease too.

I want an Armored Hatham called Fluffy!