Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
01-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
With regards to the fleet elite shields, my fleet mate and I noticed that the shield resists the plasma DOT. We saw 5 stacks of the damage resistance.

I thought it was supposed to bypass shields and act directly on the hull?
the elite shield guards against all energy damage to shields, not hull. the aegis is what guards hull, 3 part aegis would be a good defense against dot actually.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 12
01-10-2013, 11:01 AM
I guess it also becomes debatable as to if [Dmg] is the best effect for Plasma, or Romulan Plasma Weapons because of the small increase to the Plasma Dot?

And if [Dmg] is a good effect, would that also make the Fleet Plasma Weapons with their [dmg]x3 Effect better?
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku

Last edited by webdeath; 01-10-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 13
01-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
I guess it also becomes debatable as to if [Dmg] is the best effect for Plasma, or Romulan Plasma Weapons because of the small increase to the Plasma Dot?

And if [Dmg] is a good effect, would that also make the Fleet Plasma Weapons with their [dmg]x3 Effect better?
since the energy weapon proc is like... 1% of your damage dealing, and the dam mod adds like an extra point or 2 of damage, no...
Captain
# 14
01-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Did you see it resisting the hull damage in the combat log, or just stacking the plasma icon on the shield res? Or did it stack a DIFFERENT icon on the shield res. I've seen a radiation icon up there. This is why I ask.

That would be some good info to have maybe you could post back later.
If I recall, it said Plasma fire or something similar, indicating the DOT. I don't have plasma weapons, only the embassy sci consoles with +plasma. So, what we saw was 5 stacks of Phaser resistance and 5 stacks of Plasma fire.

Combat log did not differentiate. According to my fleet mate, in the span of two EPtS, there was phaser damage (my weapon type), 7k in kinetic damage (from the Omega T4 passive), and 2k in plasma damage (from the Embassy +plasma consoles). This was without buffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the elite shield guards against all energy damage to shields, not hull. the aegis is what guards hull, 3 part aegis would be a good defense against dot actually.
Right, but what I'm saying is that the plasma DOT from the +plasma embassy consoles, was being applied to the shields, hence the resistance stack.

I was under the impression that the plasma fire happens on the hull, not the shields. My fleet mate was not running the Aegis set.
Captain
# 15
01-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Right, but what I'm saying is that the plasma DOT from the +plasma embassy consoles, was being applied to the shields, hence the resistance stack.

I was under the impression that the plasma fire happens on the hull, not the shields. My fleet mate was not running the Aegis set.
Was it a case that the DoT was actually being applied to the shields - or - that the DoT being applied to the hull was triggering resistance on the shields?

Shield X
Hull Y

Damage being done to Y, but stacking Resist on X.

That sort of thing...

So that not only was the damage from the weapon causing resists to stack, but the DoT that wasn't hitting the shields causing it stack faster...
Captain
# 16
01-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Was it a case that the DoT was actually being applied to the shields - or - that the DoT being applied to the hull was triggering resistance on the shields?

Shield X
Hull Y

Damage being done to Y, but stacking Resist on X.

That sort of thing...

So that not only was the damage from the weapon causing resists to stack, but the DoT that wasn't hitting the shields causing it stack faster...
It's possible it was being applied to the hull and triggering the resistance on the shields. But, I don't see how....the shield resistance should be kicking in when there's damage to the shields, not the hull.

We didn't really check to see where the damage was being applied. It was more of a comparison on the differences between the Elite shields and the MACO shields were.

If the DOT is being applied to the hull and just triggering a resistance on the shields, then that I think that is great. It means it's stacking against something that it can't do anything about, and stacking less resistance to my phasers.
Career Officer
# 17
01-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
a tranny build will be more painful
That is not a good shorthand for transphasic.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Empire Veteran
# 18
01-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
That is not a good shorthand for transphasic.
no mater the context, that statement is true

please submit your complaint to OPVP as far as the shorthand for transphasics go.