Lieutenant
# 1 Foundry
01-06-2013, 11:04 AM
hello guys i have some question about the foundry that i need help with
1. how do i make it so that only ur cap is in game, i dont want any boffs on a few maps but i want boffs on a few other maps, how do i do that?
2. in one of my foundry missions, you have to compete in a arena, how do i make it so that only 1 enemy appears instead of a squad. and how do i make enemie(s) beam down as u finish a dialog.and how do i make it so that u can only use a certain type of weapons.

thanks everyone!

-Wuusta
Lieutenant
# 2 Foundry
01-06-2013, 11:23 AM
1. how do i make it so that only ur cap is in game, i dont want any boffs on a few maps but i want boffs on a few other maps, how do i do that?
2. in one of my foundry missions, you have to compete in a arena, how do i make it so that only 1 enemy appears instead of a squad. and how do i make enemie(s) beam down as u finish a dialog.and how do i make it so that u can only use a certain type of weapons.

thanks everyone!

-Wuusta
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuusta View Post

thanks everyone!

-Wuusta
I don't know much about the Foundy, but I know where to look (and post):

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/fo...play.php?f=204
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
01-06-2013, 11:35 AM
1. dont think you can atm.

2 use the single targ spawn... failing that.. use X spawn and drag all but one of the npcs into a lockbox (box of invisible walls) somewhere the other side of the map. (however the objective cant be Kill X squad as you've moved 4/5 to the box... so instead.. have the player activate a object on the map for the next beatie to spawn)

Last edited by thay8472; 01-06-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Captain
# 5
01-06-2013, 12:57 PM
There is no way to spawn only your captain. The old trick of trapping the boffs behind walls no longer works.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-06-2013, 05:12 PM
There is something that Kirkfat discovered. By having the away team spawn on an object that will later vanish (by triggers). The away team will not appear with the captain but will be shunted to a different part of the map. This may not work all the time or work on all maps but it's certainly something for you to try.
Captain
# 7
01-06-2013, 05:39 PM
-You can use a trigger on the beginning of the map to spawn invisible wall all over the room. The captain will be stuck in geometry, and send to the nearest respawn point, conveniently set few meters away, behind a door. The away team will be stuck behind. Just make sure the room is covered, and try it. You do'nt want the player being stuck on the other side of the invisible walls.
-You can make a path where you need to jump to go forward. If it's well done, the away team will not be able to reach the player, and will stay behind.

2. several questions in one.
-I think you can trap some ennemies in another room, so only one spawn where the player is. However, don't use them as objective (IE kill X enemy) or the player will be stuck. I never done that to be honest, but I suppose it work.
-About the weapon, you can change the costume of any group. IE use a klingon group, and add a federation costume. Rename them in "fed guys", and you have fed soldiers using klingon weapons. The costume is what the player see, the asset you use is the type of encounter, and what they use. You just need to know which species use the weapon you want. Also, use devidians or remans for psi powers. Devidians will also "float".
-You can make enemy spawn after a dialog with several trigger. The easiest is simply to add a dialog in the story, then make a kill X objective. Then select the mobs group, use "when this objective is in progress" to make them visible, in "states", and they will spawn once the dialog end.
More difficult, but you can also use a dialog in the story, and ask the player to clic on something (console whatever). Then trigger a spawn when the item is used by the player. This is mostly used when you don't want the mob count as objective, for some reason.

I strongly suggest to check on the wiki for a basic tutorial of the foundry, and check
http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tag/sto-ugc/ for more tips/tutorial.
Also, try by yourself, you'll have some headaches, but you'll learn a lot.
Captain
# 8
01-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Does putting the beam in point in a corner still work?
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Lieutenant
# 9
01-10-2013, 04:34 PM
1. This happens to me randomly on occasion. I do not think there is a way to make this happen.

2. I think deleting individual actors from a squad will work. As for having them use specific weapons, I do not know.
Scan this QR code to go to the website of Klingon Legacy