Career Officer
# 21
01-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post

It's definitely a work in progress, but I don't yet know how frequently I'll be able to add stuff. Hope everyone agrees it's better to release stuff in little bits and pieces rather than hold it all up and release it at once.
I agree with this as it allows us (the end users) the opportunity to test and report issues quicker; and with a smaller group of items, there's more of a chance it'll get corrected quickly then if there was a mountain of stuff released in one huge push.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 22
01-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
There was an issue where the Journal incorrectly said that some didn't qualify when they did--that was resolved and is on Holodeck as of today.

Every other mission I've checked (since the fix went live) legitimately didn't qualify, whether because it lacked enough plays or because the average play time was too short.
Is dropping the mission or not finishing it while testing it post-publish affecting the average play-time?
Career Officer
# 23
01-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Holy crap. You guys outdid yourselves!

Fantastic set of changes. Way to go Cryptic!

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Rihannsu
# 24
01-10-2013, 04:45 PM
There are a lot of great updates in this patch. Thanks Cryptic and welcome back. Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
This does not preclude the possibility of adding other departments later, if proper assets become available.
Thanks Jesse! Who do we have to beg/bribe to get those "proper assets"?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 25
01-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Quote:
There was an issue where the Journal incorrectly said that some didn't qualify when they did--that was resolved and is on Holodeck as of today.

Every other mission I've checked (since the fix went live) legitimately didn't qualify, whether because it lacked enough plays or because the average play time was too short.
I'm gonna have to say there's an issue with how the average play time is calculated then. I've played multiple missions that have the "not qualify" label yet still take far longer than 20 minutes to complete. Some of these have dozens of reviews as well.

If you go to the general Foundry forum you can find a lot of people who say their missions are much longer than 20 minutes yet still do not qualify.

Here's a short list of missions which includes two (the kirkfat and gulberat's) that only after multiple plays became eligible: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=497951

What I'm wondering is if author plays and drops (author and player) are affecting the average which cause the mission to initially start out with an extremely low play time.

Imagine an author play testing a mission (published for testing). The author will be playing incomplete versions, and "F"ing through dialogue continuously causing lower than normal playtimes. All this punishes the author who wants to be 125% sure that everything is perfect.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 26
01-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Implemented a change to possibly address the game client failures reported on machines with Intel integrated drivers.

This may address crashes, black-screen hangs, "Display driver has stopped responding and has been reset" system messages, and blue screens.
This change will also assist with gathering information about the failures should they persist.
Thank you. That's the least I can say after how much I've posted over this issue. :-)

Quote:
Significantly increased the damage of the Kinetic Cutting Beam, but drastically reduced the damage and crew damage of the combo with the Assimilated Tractor Beam.
Interesting. Although I seem to be in the minority that didn't mind how it worked before. Not a problem though as I like it either way. The current (soon to be old) version is neat as a sort of finishing move, but a more balanced overall setup is still fine by me.

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 01-10-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 27
01-10-2013, 04:54 PM
still not working hope i can get into hive ground to see but starbase lobby is still dark for me ive posted pics
Empire Veteran
# 28
01-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Some great uptades, and glad to see we got new assets for the foundry. I guess someone is willing to play more TOS themed episodes.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 29
01-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Is dropping the mission or not finishing it while testing it post-publish affecting the average play-time?
Dropping absolutely doesn't count. And if you don't finish the mission, it's not a completion time, so that wouldn't count either.

There may be some other issue here, but it's neither of those. We are investigating these reports, but as I said, I've checked the behind-the-scenes number for playtime and it has come up short on all the examples.
Captain
# 30
01-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Dropping absolutely doesn't count. And if you don't finish the mission, it's not a completion time, so that wouldn't count either.

There may be some other issue here, but it's neither of those. We are investigating these reports, but as I said, I've checked the behind-the-scenes number for playtime and it has come up short on all the examples.
Well, something weird is going on. I was absolutely paranoid about post-publish testing of a new mission called "The Dance of the Dead." It should take at least half and hour, but more like 45 minutes.

My first 5 reviews (in the review stage) were 4 complete playthroughs and 1 guy who had to drop because a npc was nowhere to be found.

My mission didn't qualify for rewards until it had 24 plays. It would be impossible to play this mission in less than 15 minutes, even if quickly pressing f at every spot of dialogue.