Cryptic Studios Team
# 31
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Well, something weird is going on. I was absolutely paranoid about post-publish testing of a new mission called "The Dance of the Dead." It should take at least half and hour, but more like 45 minutes.

My first 5 reviews (in the review stage) were 4 complete playthroughs and 1 guy who had to drop because a npc was nowhere to be found.

My mission didn't qualify for rewards until it had 24 plays. It would be impossible to play this mission in less than 15 minutes, even if quickly pressing f at every spot of dialogue.
Average length of mission is not the only factor used in determining whether a mission qualifies.
Captain
# 32
01-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawatcher View Post
Can you guys please fix the "no music until combat" bug in the foundry? Some missions dont have combat at the beginning, or even have any at all, and it is super lame running around in complete silence. Music adds a ton of atmosphere to a mission, and not having any feels very bland.
Personally, I'd rather we had the option to choose what music plays during which maps. I was playing ajstoner's "The Far Wanderer" the other day, and the lack of music did wonders for making the map feel mysterious.

Tholian mobs...yay! Are we getting them as NPC contacts too, or just mobs?
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Lt. Commander
# 33
[6:17] [REDALERT] Bort the Dev@BorticusCryptic: The Rom Boff Traits are broken due to a tech issue that needs fixing. Our Software team is very busy, but it's definitely on their radar to repair.

Asked this just now and got the dev reply so its in the list to get fixed just not soon it seems. At least they plan to fix it.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Empire Veteran
# 34
No fix for the missing Omega rep outfit unlocks we grind for? Wow. GUess I be staying away for sto longer.
Captain
# 35
01-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Maybe cryptic could publish what is the requirements to have it qualify?
Career Officer
# 36
01-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
Hehe, I'm sure these are intentionally secret so they can't be easily exploited. Frustrating if you don't know why your legit mission isn't qualifying yet, though.
Empire Veteran
# 37
01-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
This^
If you tell the authors what the requirements are, so they can make missions that count.
That will encourage people to play them since they know there is an actuall reward at the end.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Captain
# 38
01-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Average length of mission is not the only factor used in determining whether a mission qualifies.
I understand that it's important not to outline hard rules about what qualifies lest people game the system, but do you realize how demoralizing it is to spend days or weeks putting together a mission, beg/borrow/steal people to play the thing, and have it languish in 'NOT ELIGIBLE' oblivion with absolutely no idea what you can do to change things?

My first mission finally qualified sometime in the last day. But for a week it was sitting at 12-16 plays, 30-60 minute playtime (if the search is at all accurate), and it wasn't eligible. No idea whether it would just take time to process, or if I had done something wrong, or ... ...

My second mission doesn't qualify, which I assume is due to only 4 plays. I guess?
Career Officer
# 39
01-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Quote:
[*]The Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher no longer triggers the cooldown reduction procs of Projectile Weapons Duty Officers.
[*]Tricobalt Mines updated:
  • The damage dealt by Tricobalt Mine Explosions have been reduced by 10% across-the-board.
  • The damage variance of Tricobalt Mine Explosions has been reduced from 20% to 5%.
    • This will lead to more predictable damage - fewer highs, fewer lows.
  • The stealth value on Tricobalt Mines has been reduced by approximately 25%.
    • This should allow them to be seen from about 1k further than previous.
if i may ask....why make these changes? i agree the tricobalt damage cone should be reduced, but why cut back the damage too?

and the omega torp, why cut the projectile duty officer proc compatibility from it?
easier would be to just set the torpedo as unaffected by the proc itself

Last edited by argent007; 01-10-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Career Officer
# 40
01-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by argent007 View Post
if i may ask....why make these changes? i agree the tricobalt damage cone should be reduced, but why cut back the damage too?

and the omega torp, why cut the projectile duty officer proc compatibility from it?
easier would be to just set the torpedo as unaffected by the proc itself
I'm guessing here, but I think it was due to the wide variance and somewhat silly numbers that were being produced in PvP, where the high damage and rather insane critical hits were affecting all mines. In other terms; anyone hit by more than a couple was dead, or very nearly so. It made for very broken and boring gameplay, as 'tric bombers' were becoming the standard loadout for those looking to kill people without it requiring too much pilot skill, particularly when mines were critting for 40k+ per mine.

Tim
Quote:
-Sela now has a cape.
-She'll be starring in a 3-part miniseries on the Elements Network (Entertainment for Romulan Women) called "How Sela Got Her Cape Back". It's a feel-good story about women's empowerment and the importance of a good wardrobe for military leaders.