Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 11
01-10-2013, 01:05 PM
I find it's just easier to, when doing the radiation, skip the minigame and just take a single radiation thingie.

The reward isn't worth mucking about with a puzzle for 6 minutes, IMO.
Captain
# 12
01-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teklionbenrasha View Post
I don't do Epohh tagging and I still have plenty of RM. Simple way of doing it:

1. Get the Tau Dewa patrol.
2. Get the Tau Dewa radiation mission.

3. Do the patrol while collecting radiation from systems on your way.

4. Turn in Tau Dewa Patrol: 60 RM (more during rep hour).
5. Turn in Radiation mission: 10 RM.
6. Last of all, go to NR itself and hand in the radiation reports you got on the way: Another 8+ RM.

Boom.
Not enough really, I want to do an elite stf like event and earn around 80-100 marks with the optional like with Omega.
Career Officer
# 13
01-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Cryptic could introduce a maximum daily or weekly allotment of each mark type that can only be earned through official episode replay. If you don't earn your allotment, then it does not roll over, but you can decide when and what to run to optimize your game experience. This would need to be balanced in some way so as to avoid people abusing the shorter Borg/Undine & Romulan missions. Perhaps by only being rewarded for running them once. There are plenty of missions for each faction.

Some advantages:
  • Additional, customizable sources of mark generation
  • Re-use of existing developed content to reduce costs
  • Possibility to throw in a few random encounters inside these missions by way of a wrapper mission
  • Makes old content relevant
  • Possibility to introduce a bonus events for additional marks
  • ??????
  • PROFIT!!!
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 14
01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post

Some of us don't want to touch Epohhs with a ten foot pole and don't want to go to New Romulus or Tau Dewa until they give a decent way to earn marks there without epohh.
Admit it if you had a 10-foot pole, in game, you'd LOVE to be able to Whomp an epohh with it. Hell, I think hte lil guys are cute and I'd love it.

If they gave the 10-foot pole the knock proc... pure win.
Captain
# 15
01-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Or how about stop wanting to afk in the first place and play the game, we do not need more AFKable content. We need devs to focus on content that is fully playable, not just click a few things go afk a few days content.

There is less Romulan missions in the pve que then borg missions, an elite version of those will not solve the problem that there is only 2 regular space missions, 1 shuttle mission and 1 ground mission that gets screwed up all the time due to difficulty of 20 people working together. There is 6 borg pve que missions that have both normal and elite versions, thus there is way more ways to earn Omega then Romulan. We need at least 2 or 3 new Romulan Space and ground pve que missions that would be harder then the current ones even on normal and would reward comparable marks and dil to stf. New Romulus has to give more marks to.

Some of us don't want to touch Epohhs with a ten foot pole and don't want to go to New Romulus or Tau Dewa until they give a decent way to earn marks there without epohh.
Lets look at reasonable ways to get Romulan Marks and Omega Marks. Only reasonable way to get Omega Marks is Elite STFs. Reasonable ways to get Romulan Marks is Tau Dewa Daily, Epohh Raising, and a few other ways to supplement Romulan Marks. Also, lets look at the items at Tier 5 that needs to grind for. Romulan Marks has the consumables which cost 10 Romulan Marks, the Beam Array that costs 500 Romulan Marks, the two almost completely identical space sets for 750 Romulan Marks per piece of equipment, and the ultra-rare scorpion fighter for 240 Romulan Marks. Basically the only cool item is the fighter and not everyone uses hangars. Compared to the Omega Reputation that has 1000 Omega Marks for each Mk XII STF space set piece, 500 Omega Marks for each Mk XII STF ground set piece, and 250 Omega Marks for costume unlocks.

The day I got to Tier 5 Romulan Reputation, I was pretty much done with it. You can't earn Romulan Marks as quickly as Omega Marks, but there is less to buy with them and far more types of content to obtain them from. So the whole idea of making elite STFs for them is laughable. Elite versions of Romulan queue events that give about the same as elite STFs would take little work to do since it is just making harder enemies instead of changing the actual missions. If I have to suck it up and do those horrid elite STFs, then others can suck it up and do epohh raising or the Tau Dewa Daily. I don't want to ever see a Romulan STF until solo friendly methods of obtaining Omega Marks are available and the Deferi Invasion is not solo friendly.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
If I have to suck it up and do those horrid elite STFs, then others can suck it up and do epohh raising or the Tau Dewa Daily. I don't want to ever see a Romulan STF until solo friendly methods of obtaining Omega Marks are available and the Deferi Invasion is not solo friendly.
Cryptic, please balance out the available ways to acquire RM's, not just to make loads of your customers happy, but to butt-damage folks like this.
Empire Veteran
# 17
01-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Marks are fine, many people are already t5.
Career Officer
# 18
01-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Yeah, it might seem like a lot if you're using certain methods, but getting enough marks is much simpler through others. It's not like a special mk XI shield should take just one day to earn.

Epohh raising (especially winter ones) and Elite STF's are the way to go. Considering the items that take hundreds of marks are pretty hardcore, it makes sense that the more involved missions would be the ones you'd play to get them.
Captain
# 19
01-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
Cryptic, please balance out the available ways to acquire RM's, not just to make loads of your customers happy, but to butt-damage folks like this.
What is with all the personal attacks? Romulan Marks have numerous of ways for people of all types to get. Omega Marks are limited to team content. Not everyone teams up so there should be solo friendly content for people to get Omega Marks. If the devs have to satisfy people that require STFs to do anything, then they should satisfy people that have an aversion to doing raids.
Career Officer
# 20
01-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
If I have to suck it up and do those horrid elite STFs, then others can suck it up and do epohh raising or the Tau Dewa Daily. I don't want to ever see a Romulan STF until solo friendly methods of obtaining Omega Marks are available and the Deferi Invasion is not solo friendly.
^ this, a million times this ^

Cryptic you should have just called it STF reputation. I for one can't wait for the next reputation faction to come out because i'm nearly done with Romulan rep and Omega rep isn't even on my map, cuz I wouldn't touch a STF with a ten foot pole. Bust out some solo friendly Omega mark content or bring on the next faction.