Republic Veteran
Three STF in a row tonight failed.

Normally I can do three STF in one evening without failing on elite. These would be PUGs. I fly a variety of builds... all geared twords DPS and surviving plasma burn.

That said I know what works and does not work. All-cruiser teams with blue-novelty-phasers and FAW do not work. Boarding Party is useless. Spamming turrets everywhere helps nothing. Torpedo spread is a hazard.

Three PUG teams on elite. All cruisers. All with beam FAW, at least one ship with blue phasers per group if not more. Everyone spamming torpedo spread and boarding party shuttles... Not a single crowd-control effort to be seen.

I expect better than this on Elite Pugs. This is the kind of nonsense that I expect on NORMAL level. Losing one out of three STF wouldn't be all that bad, but to lose THREE because THREE groups of random people all decided to bring out griefing cruisers?

I expect better than that from the community at large. I really do. Lets get things clear right now: Don't bring novelty builds into Elite STF. Blue phasers have NO place in Elite STF. Learn to build correctly and don't come in planning to play "little tommy fool-about."

It's a good thing there are policies against shaming bad players, the list would have quite a few new members tonight.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Captain
# 2
01-10-2013, 07:34 PM
with weapons being so expensive expect more useless teammates in pugs
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-10-2013, 07:47 PM
I've come to despise PUGs with a passion. Mostly because of 'tards that can't take five minutes to find a tutorial on the internet. Its not hard to find one that tells you how to build a half descent ship and how to do the STFs.

But these fools have been a problem for a year now and the rep system as made them come out of the woodwork. The worst part about all of it, the fools justify their builds by saying "But Elites reward more marks!!". Yeah they do...but if you can't run with the pack keep in the dog house. Wish players had to play 50 or so games in normal before they could enter an elite.

I have get a little joy out of this though. Its going to be a very long and painful grind up the rep system for them. Wish they didn't have to take others with them though.
Republic Veteran
# 4
01-10-2013, 07:48 PM
You can build a decent ship with green consoles and weapons if you are careful.

What I have a problem with are these stupid-obvious clown-car builds that are everywhere.

Some of us take this game seriously, and don't appreciate folks who come in, blow a generator, aggro everything then leave.

Cryptic needs to appoint some community game-masters so we can start cracking down on the worst of the griefing.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
01-10-2013, 08:08 PM
My ship name is "10 Percent Rule"

I get people in Pugs commenting on it.

Yet half the time they can't follow it.

Can you win the Optional in an STF without using it? yes, there's a small chance.

Will you win all the time using it? YES!

They should just make it so anyone blowing something out of sequence is automatically tagged for PvP for the rest of the team and locked from leaving.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Republic Veteran
# 6
01-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post

They should just make it so anyone blowing something out of sequence is automatically tagged for PvP for the rest of the team and locked from leaving.

I would pay Cryptic $10,000,000 for a PVP Punishment Mode.
-------------
Career Officer
# 7
01-10-2013, 08:38 PM
I really enjoy seeing folks post around here that have such a High & Mighty attitude...

Sorry folks, no sympathy here...

They are called 'P U G S' for a reason.

I do nothing but PUGS and have had many an occasion where we failed...

But I don't get all bent outta shape over it.

I just recently started doing Elite PUGS and so far I've found I can hold my own, but I don't hold anybody else up to a higher standard..., just because I can do so.

If it bothers you so much...

DON'T DO PUGS.

It's really that simple.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-10-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 8
01-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post

DON'T DO PUGS.

It's really that simple.
I see what you did there...

http://youtu.be/8Q51Q7N2ANk?t=30s

Career Officer
# 9
01-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I see what you did there...

http://youtu.be/8Q51Q7N2ANk?t=30s
I'm older..., this is more apropos...

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 10
01-10-2013, 08:50 PM
People get really worked up over losing 15 Omega Marks. Even worse if the mission is a failure.

I just don't get why people keep doing PUGs if it bothers them so much. Because it's faster to get a team perhaps? You have to ask yourself if speed and convenience is worth the gamble of ending up on a sub-par team.
@HyperLimited