Lieutenant
# 31
01-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
it appears that a couple of prominent fleets are banking heavily on tactics that Nadeon Detonator is a possible counter to.
The tactics that you're talking about prove to be quite effective indeed. The fact that you said 'possible counter to' tells me that you are well aware of other ways to prevent this tactic, why not try some of those?

Quote:
Frankly, it's pathetic. We all know what's obviously broken, we all know what obviously isn't, and we all know what's in the gray area.
Forgive me if I am wrong but didn't Sad Pandas have a member of the Fleet in the conversation when these rules were decided? I find it hard to believe Mech Warriors is so engaging that it isn't possible to log off for a few moments to discuss the rules of the tournament?

Quote:
Wouldn't you like that?
That would be absolutely devastating! I was so looking forward to potentially fighting one of the formerly best PvP Fleets in the game!
Captain
# 32
01-11-2013, 12:07 AM
see my post in the sign up thread for my comments.

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-
Career Officer
# 33
01-11-2013, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjam0 View Post
The tactics that you're talking about prove to be quite effective indeed. The fact that you said 'possible counter to' tells me that you are well aware of other ways to prevent this tactic, why not try some of those?
First off, thanks for corroborating what I've been hearing.

Second, now that those fleets know that we know, they'd have to be pretty stupid to try using that tactic against us, Nadeon Detonator or no, wouldn't they?

Lastly, now that you've confirmed a potential ulterior motive for banning Nadeon Detonator you had better provide an answer to my original query: What exactly is the motivation behind the ban?

Quote:
Forgive me if I am wrong but didn't Sad Pandas have a member of the Fleet in the conversation when these rules were decided? I find it hard to believe Mech Warriors is so engaging that it isn't possible to log off for a few moments to discuss the rules of the tournament?
I was at work, but I understand Biebs was there and left with a similar impression -- that some of the fleets couldn't give a hoot about balance and would rather push or oppose rules based on how they benefit themselves.

Quote:
That would be absolutely devastating! I was so looking forward to potentially fighting one of the formerly best PvP Fleets in the game!
Let's keep the discussion about the rules. The results of the tournament will speak for itself.
Lieutenant
# 34
01-11-2013, 12:44 AM
Quote:
First off, thanks for corroborating what I've been hearing.
I corroborated nothing. Merely confirmed (and was extremely flattered) that the tactic you speak of must work well against you for it to be the first one to pop into your head in correlation with that console?

Quote:
What exactly is the motivation behind the ban?
I'm not sure, I wasn't involved in the rule making. Perhaps talk to pascal about the ban instead of q_qing over it publically?

Quote:
I was at work, but I understand Biebs was there and left with a similar impression -- that some of the fleets couldn't give a hoot about balance and would rather push or oppose rules based on how they benefit themselves.
I'm not sure why he would have left with any kind of negative impression? He should have left satisfied with the rules as that was one of the reasons he was there in the first place, was it not?

Quote:
Let's keep the discussion about the rules. The results of the tournament will speak for itself.
Merely an observation. Turkish RP Heroes isn't in the tournament to win. We're in to have fun and give our new members in the Fleet some tough matches to fight in! Hopefully Pandas can provide a tough fight and regardless of the outcome, our members will have won. They will have won the experience we aimed to give them!
Career Officer
# 35
01-11-2013, 01:27 AM
Quote:
  1. Did it (the PSW torp console) get broken in some way that I'm unaware of?
I think someone mentioned that there is a problem with its cooldown when combined with photonic officer and photonic doffs. You can push the cooldown down to 20s(?) or some other really low number.
http://hilbertguide.com
Career Officer
# 36
01-11-2013, 01:30 AM
Different thing:

Is the 8=5+3 the max? Or can we remove old players and add new ones during the run of the tournament? In essence: Is 5+3 the limit for each round or for the entire tournament?

Another thing:

Can we make Cracked Planet the default map? So that people won't try to lag others out by starting a Solar Wind?
http://hilbertguide.com
Commander
# 37
01-11-2013, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
see my post in the sign up thread for my comments.

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-
TRH needs you and Thales. Please come to our TS for details regarding this or send mail to @Jam0, @ilhansk.
Lieutenant
# 38
01-11-2013, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Different thing:
and are several teams form one fleet (each team with his own 5+3 players) allowed?
Lieutenant
# 39
01-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lascaille View Post
and are several teams form one fleet (each team with his own 5+3 players) allowed?
Yes /10char
Career Officer
# 40
01-11-2013, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
I think someone mentioned that there is a problem with its cooldown when combined with photonic officer and photonic doffs. You can push the cooldown down to 20s(?) or some other really low number.
The doffs are incredibly problematic, and one thing that you're going to see used in this tournament is PSW combined with both the cooldown reduction and aftershock doffs. It's too incredibly powerful not to use it. Even two people properly set up can more or less nullify all of the extends on the other team, and the stun is great at both breaking cadence and guaranteeing a kill versus a repulsed () target.

Detonators aggravate the problem, but are not the cause of it. The doffs are the cause, obviously, and the only rule that makes sense is to limit the doffs.

A certain group thinks they can have their cake and eat it too -- mass repulsors make a team relatively safe against PSW with a 5 km repulse being a rather good counter against a 3km AOE stun. Banning Detonators just means that you can't stun them, but they can stun you. This tactic is pure cheese, and while it won't work against Pandas it will make every other team (with the possible exception of TSI, now that they have read this) that comes across it have a very bad day.

It's also interesting that SS is banned. I doubt anyone can claim with a straight face that SS is still OP, but three or more copies of it is the best hard counter to the strategy I outlined above.

Like I said earlier, these rules should be about balance, not about artificially buffing uncreative playstyles that would otherwise be vulnerable or flawed. What we have right now isn't going to teach these new fleets we have joining up how to PvP, and it isn't going to give them an experience they'll want to return for.

Last edited by hurleybird; 01-11-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Closed Thread