Lieutenant
# 1 Turrets and procs.
01-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Currently i have a full set of Fleet Antiproton DHC and a Quant up front on my chell gret. Ive been toying with switching out antipolaron turrets for three fleet disruptor turret for the damage debuff proc. Would this be worth it? or is there a better proc (dont really pvp. mainly ELite STFs). would the procs make up for the slight damage tradeoff?
Captain
# 2
01-11-2013, 04:30 AM
what you should do, is get a proc build, with all the procs on the ship. use the good procs on turrets, because they have a higher chance of getting the proc on the enemy, and the weaker procs on DHCs, so the higher dmg will magnify the effect of the proc.

just dont do this please, no
Lieutenant
# 3
01-11-2013, 04:51 AM
that backs up what im wanting to do. I have antiproton DHC up front. im wanting the Disruptor Proc to enhance not only mine but team damage.....thansk for help.
Captain
# 4
01-11-2013, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
what you should do, is get a proc build, with all the procs on the ship. use the good procs on turrets, because they have a higher chance of getting the proc on the enemy, and the weaker procs on DHCs, so the higher dmg will magnify the effect of the proc.

just dont do this please, no
Sarcasm fail?

P.S. Guys who are new to forums, highlight his post
A Gensokyoan Mech-piloting Starship Admiral Rodent.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
*nomnomnibblemunchgnawgnaw*
Captain
# 5
01-11-2013, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermoy View Post
that backs up what im wanting to do. I have antiproton DHC up front. im wanting the Disruptor Proc to enhance not only mine but team damage.....thansk for help.
make sure to put tactical consoles for each weapon type to your slots to maximize your DPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Sarcasm fail?
dont troll pls
Lieutenant
# 6
01-11-2013, 05:59 AM
I realize im trading off some dps on my three turrets by not going antiproton. im just wondering if the damage-resist debuff proc accross my team is worth the damage tradeoff.......again im in a chell grett. have three fleet aniproton DHC up front. have my cutting beam in back. instead of running antiproton turrets im thinking about fleet disruptor turrets.....
Captain
# 7
01-11-2013, 06:03 AM
If you're looking for a fleet dps buff synergy, load up an AP:B instead.

More reliable than a random Proc, and depending on where you slot it considerably more powerful.
Captain
# 8
01-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermoy View Post
I realize im trading off some dps on my three turrets by not going antiproton. im just wondering if the damage-resist debuff proc accross my team is worth the damage tradeoff...
It's not, as it takes a while to even stack up the proc most times. The already suggested Attack Pattern Beta is a much better idea.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
01-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
It's not, as it takes a while to even stack up the proc most times. The already suggested Attack Pattern Beta is a much better idea.
The disruptor proc deals -10 resists per proc, but AP-Beta3 will give your target -49 resists. With 3 AP-Conn DOFFS, your AP-Beta3 will have a 15 second cooldown and 10 seconds uptime, making it active 66.6% of the time.

For burst purposes, Anti-proton with AP-Beta3 will give you the highest damage output if your character is optimized for critical chance + critical severity. Otherwise, Disruptors will give you better results. Regardless of what energy type you go with, do NOT mix tactical damage bonus console types. Otherwise you are hampering your maximum possible DPS.
Career Officer
# 10
01-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
Otherwise you are hampering your maximum possible DPS.
...by up to 60% of the base damage.

One energy type, 4 Very Rare Mk XII tactical consoles = +120% to each weapon
Two energy types, 2 Very Rare Mk XII tactical consoles each = +60% to each weapon

That is why you do NOT mix energy types.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk