Lt. Commander
# 11
01-11-2013, 07:19 AM
Sorry, not familiar with all the slang yet, security kitty, well Caitian I know, but what is his name, he's at SF academy right?

And, is "Infected Space Elite" the exact name of the mission?

Finally, how can I give contraband from my KDF's to my Fed toons (on the same account)
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
For Explore Strane New Worlds, get a team of three players, and each person take Diplomatic Investigation (Delta Volanis), Explore the Delta Volanis Cluster, and Explore Strange New Worlds.

Do each of the diplomatic missions in turn, and even with stopping to collect the samples in the maps, that would be Explore done in 10 minutes, with 300 Diplomacy xp as an added bonus.
I haven't been on a team, yet but I'm guessing the way this works is if we are, then we can do separate systems and get the mission done that fast?
Lieutenant
# 13
01-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedman70 View Post
Sorry, not familiar with all the slang yet, security kitty, well Caitian I know, but what is his name, he's at SF academy right?

And, is "Infected Space Elite" the exact name of the mission?

Finally, how can I give contraband from my KDF's to my Fed toons (on the same account)

Infected Space Elite is a STF mission check your PVE queue under your minimap.

any to give contraband and any non bound item visit a mailbox and mail the item to your self *(in the to find user whatever your name is IE for me its @tribble2013)
Commander
# 14
01-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
What level do they have to be to do those? Looks like those are part of a chain actually.

I've tried doing a few elites, people really need to know what they're doing, on Infected Manus, we've failed a few times, (doing a public STF) Kimberly killed us all and it sucks that if you all die you have to destroy the shield generator again, disable all the shields, upload the viruses, so I'm guessing this is why people drop out of it.
I'm not sure about the Empire Defense missions level requirement. They might scale to the players level.
They're at first available as a Tutorial (which is only one run with 480 dil reward or so) - the actual misison afterwards is three runs in each nebule (4 missions in total).
Each mission has a 20h cooldown.

In general I was assuming a level 50 character with decent gear (altho end-game gear is by no means necessary, just grab some Mk XII [dmg] uncommon weapons of the same damage type and corresponding tactical consoles).

In regards to elite STFs:
Ground is more difficult than space - or at the very least takes more time - so they're not a good choice to farm dilithium.
To do Elites people need some experience, but any somewhat decent dps loadout will do for space, so that's not very restrictive.

He's dead, Jim.

Last edited by lolimpicard; 01-11-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 15
01-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble2013 View Post
Infected Space Elite is a STF mission check your PVE queue under your minimap.

any to give contraband and any non bound item visit a mailbox and mail the item to your self *(in the to find user whatever your name is IE for me its @tribble2013)
you all have to still do the same mission at the same time do get completion for everyone, but with three people you can find systems a lot quicker.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 16
01-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Quote:
What level do they have to be to do those? Looks like those are part of a chain actually.

I've tried doing a few elites, people really need to know what they're doing, on Infected Manus, we've failed a few times, (doing a public STF) Kimberly killed us all and it sucks that if you all die you have to destroy the shield generator again, disable all the shields, upload the viruses, so I'm guessing this is why people drop out of it.

Infected space is probly the easiest. A good sci ship can insure the optional with all but the most beligerant pugs. If all goes well, you just add some dps and debuffs. If things go south you turn and TBR, GW, EWP if you have it... turn and help blast the transformer. 9 times out of 10 you can turn an disaster into a completed optional. Sometimes you get a whole group of skittle-shooters that goes and pops generators on both sides or some sillyness... but that level of fail is actually pretty rare. Usually its only one person who slips up and hits a generator too hard or just doesn't understand the flow yet.

Run is under 15 minutes. Elite STF reward dill + turning in the marks for dill + BNP turn ins... you have the characters to run it over and over and over and never hit a cooldown.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Career Officer
# 17
01-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Just some advice:

1-) You can easily send contraband from your KDF to your FED using the account bank. Those bank slots can be accessed by any character on the same account.

2-) As cmdrscarlet answered to you, just don't do it on your 11 tons. It will stop being a game and will become a job. It will not be any fun and will wear you out.

That's what I usually do:

On my KDF I run the Pi Canis Alpha and Beta patrol missions (960 dil each) and the Path of the Warrior (2400 dil). You complete Path by doing the optional on all missions of Pi Canis Alpha and Beta which is not difficult at all. It takes some 45 minutes and you get 4320 dil.

Than, investigate officer reports (50 fleet marks besides the dil). You can run it before and after the missions above and some 2 STF more and you dil cap is done.

Just dont turn the game into a job. Have fun!
--- My sig begins here ---
Member since Jan 24th 2010 (more or less)
Career Officer
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
1-) You can easily send contraband from your KDF to your FED using the account bank. Those bank slots can be accessed by any character on the same account.
This came to mind after I asked, but thanks.

Quote:
2-) As cmdrscarlet answered to you, just don't do it on your 11 tons. It will stop being a game and will become a job. It will not be any fun and will wear you out.
Well, if I want to make some decent Zen, I obviously need decent dilithium. Since, that's the only way to earn it free, outside of the free offers from peanut labs. I'm wondering with these people with hundreds of thousands of Zen how long it took them to get it all, assuming that they didn't pay any real money for it. Does anyone, say make---1000 Zen a day from dil?

And, yes I'm glad I see I'm not the only one who doesn't like to do Explore Strange New Worlds/WNBR 11 times in a row (I actually haven't done that, but could) but I do like the Dilithium, but it looks like there are better, shorter ways to do it.

Maybe it will be more of a grind to get my toons up to General 50, or VA 50. Currently I have one VA toon. Good thing it's easier to get a KDF toon to 50, since they start at Commander. I'm tempted to make more KDF characters (maybe Delete some FEDS and replace them with them.)

Quote:
Just dont turn the game into a job. Have fun!
Well, I wouldn't mind "working" say if I, MYSELF could sell Zen for real money, like how Diablo 3 let's you sell virtual items for real money, PE has the monopoly on that unfortunately.
Commander
# 19
01-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Does anyone, say make---1000 Zen a day from dil?
It's easy and rather reliable to earn 1 dilithium per dil - zen - dil transaction. 2 or 3 dilithium are possible in the very short term - more in the (speculative realm of the) longterm.
So, at the current rate, to earn one zen you need a turnover of about ~30-90 zen.
Let's assume 50 (which might be optimistic but easy on the math).

I don't know how much turnover conceivably is possible per day in total (you'd have to ask a bulk-trader, and he might be reluctant to part with that information), but 10.000 zen traded by one person in a day wouldn't seem unusual (judging by ordinary "stack sizes").

10.000 / 50 = 200 Zen. So it would take a turnover of 50.000 Zen to earn 1000 Zen, according to this hypothesis.
I'm unsure whether this can be achieved reliably, but it's not impossible.

He's dead, Jim.
Commander
# 20
01-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Zen has not reached 50 dil each, lowest I saw was 85 before Cryptic artificially inflated prices again.