Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 11
01-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Miniguns because I always loved minigun in every game. Also the omega assault rifle, because it looks really awesome when it shoot.
On my sci I use a pistol, but I don't really like it much.

Once it's back ingame, I'll buy the flamethrower. Tested it on tribble and it was simply awesome. And I also love flamethrower.

I'm a bit sad cryptic made the pulsewave the "best have" gun. Well, except the flamethrower.
Career Officer
# 12
01-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Bat'leth - but y'know - the real Bat'leths, not the Nano ones I'm seeing a lot in ground STFs at the moment *sigh*

Note to those using Nano-melee weapons - you use a melee weapon because it bypasses the shields - Nano-Pulse weapons *don't*
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Lieutenant
# 13
01-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Note to those using Nano-melee weapons - you use a melee weapon because it bypasses the shields - Nano-Pulse weapons *don't*
...or maybe they just use it because that's what they want to use?

Note to weylandjuarez...people play their own way...sometimes it will differ than the way you play...and that's ok.
Captain
# 14
01-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Bat'leth - but y'know - the real Bat'leths, not the Nano ones I'm seeing a lot in ground STFs at the moment *sigh*

I hear ya, those people make me facepalm too.

Though, I prefer the lirpa for its better AOE combos. Wade into a horde of drones and juggle them around while your team mates plink.
Career Officer
# 15
01-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
That's why you pair it up with Tachyon Harmonic III, rip down their shields, and do greater DPS than just about any other Bat'leth.
Empire Veteran
# 16
01-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Split beam on exterior non borg maps where you need more range of fire rather than damage (typically mine trap), otherwise i'll always use a pulsewave. There is no better weapon for dps!
Captain
# 17
01-11-2013, 10:31 AM
3 of my 4 away team carry split beams, the other an assault minigun. I carry the KHG carbine and a sniper tho I swap it for a HD[kb3] when I don't need the range.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Career Officer
# 18
01-11-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm hoping we eventually get a 'Dominion' reputation system so that I can get a purple Mk XII quality High Density Jem'Hadar Pistol.
Lieutenant
# 19
01-11-2013, 10:37 AM
lately i switch my ground weapons up a bit. I'm loving the omega carbine that I just got. also, type 2 TOS phaser from night of the comet, nano-pulse Lirpa and m.a.c.o phaser sniper rifle. i have a couple of others in my inventory, but the above are my mainstays.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
01-11-2013, 10:45 AM
May away team currently uses 4 Blast Assaults with [dmg]x2 [kb3]

I love it when we run up to a group on NPC's and they simultaneously launch a barrage with their secondary fire.