Captain
# 21
01-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Here's my predictions/suggestions for the Ambassador (and it's KDF counterpart);

Most assume that the KDF will get the K'Vort, which is basically a Cruiser-sized Bird of Prey, but without the folding wings. To that end, i'd suggest the following BOff layouts;

If equal for both factions:
Commander Engineer
Lt Commander Universal
Lt Tactical
Lt Science
Ensign Engineer

If tailored for Federation:
Commander Engineer
Lt Commander Science
Lt Tactical
Lt Science
Ensign Engineer

If tailored for KDF:
Commander Engineer
Lt Commander Tactical
Lt Tactical
Lt Science
Ensign Engineer

I have no canon suggestion for what these ships might have for unique abilities. And obviously due to their role, their individual stats would be different (K'Vort with more maneuvrability/firepower, Ambassador with more shields/support).
Career Officer
# 22
01-11-2013, 11:39 AM
That looks great, now all that we can hope for is that it will have a unique bridge and good stats. Same for the KDF ship! The interior on the Breen Cruiser was a complete let down.
Career Officer
# 23
01-11-2013, 11:44 AM
I believe that eventually They will go back and start making proper/custom Bridge layouts.

They are going to run out of canon ships before to long and any They make up themselves will not sell as well as the known ones.

Bridges for individual ships are the next logical step for increasing C-Store sales as that has been highly requested for some time now.

They could even create two for each, one for the C-Store and another perhaps even more detailed, for the Lobi Store.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-11-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
01-11-2013, 11:47 AM
I hope this is early view of the ship as it is missing escape pods on the ventral side of saucer.
@stargate_wars

Last edited by stostargatewars; 01-11-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Captain
# 25
01-11-2013, 11:50 AM
I would not mind getting my hands on those ample nacelles
Career Officer
# 26
01-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Would ya look at that, another ugly, ancient, underperforming federation target for my KDF toons.
^^^
this said by a member of a faction whose butt-ugly ship designs haven't really changed (especially when it comes to the BoP) in 200+ years!

As for the Ambassador Class screen shot (and it's implications), all I have tio say is:

ME WANT - NOW!
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 27
01-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
I would not mind getting my hands on those ample nacelles
So many comebacks...
So few forum lifetimes...

I'm jealous.

<grumble>
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-11-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
01-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We've added a new screenshot to the screenshot gallery. She was the fourth Federation starship to bear the name Enterprise.

Link to the gallery.
Hey dident that ship have 10 beam banks and two torps? Will it have that in the game to?
Captain
# 29
01-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Honestly, My first thought on this is when is Cryptic going to stop teasing with the anniversary event and just admit what they have planned. From the moment Denise Crosby was rumored to be involved (now positively confirmed) it has been suggested/hinted that the ambassador would be the free ship.

That said, if the 2nd anniversary is any indication, the free ship will most likely be a let down. I am guessing the "free" ship will be something of a preview ship, with stats being ok, but not whatever everyone is hoping or expecting. With the eventual C-store release being more closer to what Cryptic (and hopefully the playerbase) images the Ambassador being. Like they did with the Odyssey-class.

That said, Great screenshot and I am looking forward to the anniversary event.
Commander
# 30
01-11-2013, 12:11 PM
star trek online cryptic/perfect world it is cool to see a screen shot of the ingame ambassador class starship the USS ENTERPISE NCC-1701-C
overall very good.
a few things to plaeast take not of.

1# the foward tropedeo launcher seen to be missing in game photo.

2# could their be an opition the have a cleaner saucer with fewer hall markings like that showed up in yesterday's enterprise.

3# what are the chances of releasing at some point in time different varients of the ambassador class like the slightly shorter yamugchi/zhulcov refit. the andrew probert ambassador class.

4# i hope the the ambassador class will with a useful officer set up that i more balanced between the enginenerring and both tactial and science. cause a cruiser with 3 engineneer boffs feel not too useful.

5# i hope that there will be a neat console to use. a suggestion might be a universal cruiser console that would be like unlinited fire at will, have a minute cool down once deactivated and can go on any cruiser.
Closed Thread