Career Officer
Hi all,

Just a simple question...on my Regent class, do you think APB2 + FAW2 would be more or less powerful a combination than APB1 + FAW3?

I've been having a hard time determining exactly how helpful the damage buff from FAW is actual gameplay...the tooltips aren't that helpful.

When answering, please keep in mind I'm an Eng captain, and power drain isn't much of an issue. This is intended for PvE play, not PvP.

Thanks!
Republic Veteran
# 2
01-11-2013, 06:11 AM
I suggest APB2 and FAW2. I've always used FAW2 and its effectiveness is fine enough for me. Plus that combination enables you to have a important TT1 in the ensign slot.
Captain
# 3
01-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
I suggest APB2 and FAW2. I've always used FAW2 and its effectiveness is fine enough for me. Plus that combination enables you to have a important TT1 in the ensign slot.
He would have access to the TT anyways. BFAW2, 3, and APB 1, 2 are not ensign abilities.

I personally run a BFAW2 and APO1. It's got a lower uptime than BFAW2 + APB2, but it's still pretty powerful.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 4
01-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I personally run a BFAW2 and APO1. It's got a lower uptime than BFAW2 + APB2, but it's still pretty powerful.
Sacrifices the group buff potential that APB gives you though.
Career Officer
# 5
01-11-2013, 12:31 PM
I've found on my KDF that APB synergizes nicely with the disruptor proc, especially if you stack FOMM on it. I know there's a general aversion to running disruptors on Fed, but something to think about.

Anyway, I'd try to run the APB2. APB is useful all the time, for all your weapons, and your team mates. FAW is useful only in particular circumstances, mostly for drawing aggro.
Career Officer
# 6
01-11-2013, 12:34 PM
The difference between Fire At Will 2 and 3 is +6% damage vs +12% damage.
The difference between Attack Pattern Beta 1 and 2 is -20% DR vs -38% DR.

I would do FAW2 and APB2. Like Shockwave points out, FAW is situational while APB2 is great on everything. The "I can always use" ability should take higher priority than the "I can sometimes use" ability.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 7
01-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
The difference between Fire At Will 2 and 3 is +6% damage vs +12% damage.
The difference between Attack Pattern Beta 1 and 2 is -20% DR vs -38% DR.

I would do FAW2 and APB2.
Slight nitpick:

APB doesn't yield a direct % resist debuff, it yields a resist rating debuff.
Career Officer
# 8
01-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
APB doesn't yield a direct % resist debuff, it yields a resist rating debuff.
True, which means against high DR magnitude targets you'll get less of a DR % reduction.

Regardless, better to have APB that you can use at all times than FAW where you can't use it in those Fleet Actions where there's an immense field of enemy ships, or most space eSTFs where you'll just make gateways and cubes angry before blowing the transformers or probes. Not to mention you'll make players angry if you blow generators in ISE before the others are ready to pop.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 9
01-12-2013, 05:47 AM
Personally I use Bfaw3 with beta 2

I'm a free world type myself, share and share alike and with Befaw everything you touch get's a little reminder that it's going to die soon... it's like super cancer or something. It's like everyone get's to have fun with your beta so think of it not as you doing damage but as you helping others to achieve the same or higher damage as you are currently putting out.

Befaw is not a personal skill it's almost like a direct damage shout in the way that not only does it give every enemy every debuff skill and buff skill you are running be it Beta, Alpha, Delta, FoMM, GDF, The list goes on, you are basically telling all these eneme's "Hey you over there, I just caused you an early death, now look this way while my buddy, you're original target cracks you in the noggin with a bat."

I just love the skill, i live and breath BFaw... my first son will be named Bfaw... he shall be uber!
Career Officer
# 10
01-12-2013, 06:21 AM
Wow, thanks for all of the insight. I'm going to play around with some of the ideas mentioned here and see what works best for me.