Captain
I don't know if this is the right place to put this.

I got the MACO Mk XI armor and put it on one of my Boffs. I'm an engineer and I put the armor on a science boff. The MACO armor on my boff has gold trim, not blue. Is there a way to customize it? Do I need to get a whole MACO set for them first? Or if I put MACO armor on my boffs will it always have gold trim because I'm an engineer?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
01-11-2013, 01:50 PM
It's because you're an engineer. For some reason, the armor seems to take on the appearance of whatever type first wears it. The armor itself is not customizable, and unfortunately boffs can't use the MACO costume options.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Captain
# 3
01-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuatela View Post
It's because you're an engineer. For some reason, the armor seems to take on the appearance of whatever type first wears it. The armor itself is not customizable, and unfortunately boffs can't use the MACO costume options.
that's annoying. It color matches all the other kinds of armor, but not MACO?
Captain
# 4
01-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiap View Post
that's annoying. It color matches all the other kinds of armor, but not MACO?
Because it was not meant to match departments in the first place, the armor is white with a very small gold trim with the gold trim being no indication of department.

Also considering MACO seems to be its own department ... they have no reason to follow the color department rules, Omega also doesnt match (and it looks silly when people try to do it) for similar reasons.

Also originally it had NO unique armor visuals, you would get the plastic pajamas no matter what and customization was only available for the player by the tailor.

If you have that much problem, disable visuals because I rather have a unique look that going back to the plastic pajamas and I think most players feel the same.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 01-11-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Captain
# 5
01-12-2013, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Because it was not meant to match departments in the first place, the armor is white with a very small gold trim with the gold trim being no indication of department.

Also considering MACO seems to be its own department ... they have no reason to follow the color department rules, Omega also doesnt match (and it looks silly when people try to do it) for similar reasons.

Also originally it had NO unique armor visuals, you would get the plastic pajamas no matter what and customization was only available for the player by the tailor.

If you have that much problem, disable visuals because I rather have a unique look that going back to the plastic pajamas and I think most players feel the same.
I need brain bleach for the plastic pajamas. I guess you have a point about MACO being it's own department. TBH I like the MACO Mk XI look better than the polyalloy Weave Armor my boffs where now. Maybe it's my monitor, but I've always thought polyalloy weave armor looked like pajamas.