Empire Veteran
# 21
01-03-2013, 10:43 AM
There are several Bortasqu captains that I am happy to see when I hit the Cap and Splode. They are awesome dealers of damage.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-09-2013, 02:10 PM
hi, im quite dissapointed with the boertasqu. Maybe im a noob driver of carriers couse the biggest thing i had was a negh var, but the command bortasqu its really giving me headaches. I'm not dealing any damage against spheres and obviously against cubes...am i using in the wrong way my disruptors? why is it better 8 beams??? 8 beams aft and fore seems crazy and nonsense. i got AFT: 2 beams and 2 torpedos FORE: 2 beams and 2 torpedos---i use the borg set (4 pieces)---and almost all mk11 consoles, includiing 2 mk12 on science---
WTH am i doing wrong???
Captain
# 23
01-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Against borg? Use DHC + turrets.

Borg don't generally move that much.

(Though I advise APO)
Captain
# 24
01-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stulpnagel View Post
hi, im quite dissapointed with the boertasqu. Maybe im a noob driver of carriers couse the biggest thing i had was a negh var, but the command bortasqu its really giving me headaches. I'm not dealing any damage against spheres and obviously against cubes...am i using in the wrong way my disruptors? why is it better 8 beams??? 8 beams aft and fore seems crazy and nonsense. i got AFT: 2 beams and 2 torpedos FORE: 2 beams and 2 torpedos---i use the borg set (4 pieces)---and almost all mk11 consoles, includiing 2 mk12 on science---
WTH am i doing wrong???
6 beams and either 2 torps, 2 DBBs, or the omega torp and cutting beam. Chained EPTW1 also helps with all that drain. Or maybe 4 single cannons and 4 turrets. Yes you can mount DHCs, but it'll be a pain to stay on target against anything faster than a Borg Cube.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-10-2013, 03:58 AM
Thank you both. Yeah now im trying with 3 beams and a spread torp III fore and aft, seems quite good but maybe im not getting right with the consoles couse my damage against spheres isnt quite much enough yet. I use 2 disruptor ind coils, a photon deton. assembly and the supspace snare....what u think?

On the other hand, my skill-based stats of my ships maybe are not quite well distributed: all my stats are in 99 or +, but the rest..... core potential is in (54), engine performance (36), shield perf. (18), weapon perf (36) and aux perf (18) , think i should buy a token?

thanks in advantage
Captain
# 26
01-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Thank you both. Yeah now im trying with 3 beams and a spread torp III fore and aft, seems quite good but maybe im not getting right with the consoles couse my damage against spheres isnt quite much enough yet. I use 2 disruptor ind coils, a photon deton. assembly and the supspace snare....what u think?
Going 4x Disruptor Coils instead would greatly help your DPS. Two Piece KHG space set gives +25% Torp damage, if you have that kicking around or are T5 in Omega Rep (not much sense in getting less than MK XII, unless you can't run Elites at all), so you can use that to buff your torps.

You'll likely need to post your full setup and skills to be able to see if a respec is in order.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-11-2013, 01:32 PM
FORE: X3 disruptor beam array MKXII [Borg] / Photon Torpedo Launcher MKXII [Borg]
AFT: X1 Polarized Disruptor MKXII[CrtH] / X2 Polarized disr.MKXII [Acc][Dmg] / Tricobalt Torp. MKXII [Borg]

DEVICES: Shield/ Auxiliary/Weapon/Subspace Fielf Modulator

ENGINEERING: Plasma distribution manifold MkXI / SIF Generator MKXI / Tetraburnium Hull Armor MKXI / Universal Assimilator Module

SCIENCE: Flow Capacitor MKXII / Power Insulator MKXII

TACTICAL: Disruptor Induction Coil MKXI / Disruptor Ind.Coil MKX / Photon Deton.Assembly MKXII / Zero-Point Energy Conduit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TACTICAL STATS

Weapon training - 129
Attack pattern - 99
Energy Weap.Dam. - 99
Projectile Weap.Dam. - 99
Maneuvers - 99
Tarj.systems - 99
thread control - 99
stealth - 99
energy weap.speciality - 94
proj.weap.spec. - 94

SC STATS

flow capac. - 129
shield emmiters - 99
power insul. - 74
shield systems - 30
gravitron gener - 39
Inertial Damp - 16

ENG STATS

driver coil - 99
batteries - 99
hull repair - 133
struct.integr - 118
subst.rep. - 89
warp core effic - 84
electro-plasma - 64
thrusters - 64
warp core potential - 54
hull plating - 36
eng.perf - 36
shield perf - 18
armor reinf - 36
weapon perf - 18

STATIONS:

Lt.Comm Universal. ( tac) - fire will 1 / high yield 2 / spread 3
Ensign universal. (sci) - hazard emmiters 1
Lt. (tac) - overload 1 / target shield subs 2
Comm. (eng) - emergenci power to shields 1 / engin team 2 / power to dampers 2 / structural field 3
Lt. (sci) - transfer shield strenght 1 / tractor beam 2
Captain
# 28
01-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Not seeing any glaring issues in the skills. Someone else might be able to point some things out.

The main issue I'm seeing is only two Disruptor coils, that's severely limiting your beams' DPS. I'd drop either the Power Insulator or Plasma distribution manifold and move the Zero-Point Energy Conduit Romulan console to it's spot and plop at least one more Disruptor Coil in. Omega or Hyper-Plasma torps are really handy at taking out Spheres thanks to the Plasma DoTs, so you might consider changing a fore or aft launcher for one of those.
Captain
# 29
01-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Quote:
STATIONS:

Lt.Comm Universal. ( tac) - fire will 1 / high yield 2 / spread 3
Ensign universal. (sci) - hazard emmiters 1
Lt. (tac) - overload 1 / target shield subs 2
Comm. (eng) - emergenci power to shields 1 / engin team 2 / power to dampers 2 / structural field 3
Lt. (sci) - transfer shield strenght 1 / tractor beam 2
Lets try this. Almost the same setup but will likely work better while keeping a similar feel.

Cmdr Engineer: Emergency To Weapons 1, Engineering Team 2, Emergency To Shields 3, Structural Field 3
LtCmdr Universal (tac): Tactical Team 1, Spread 2, Attack Pattern Omega 1
Lt Tactical: Fire At Will 1, High Yield 2
Lt Sci: Tractor Beam 1, Transfer Shield Strength 2
Ens Universal (sci): Hazard 1

Active Space Doffs
Tractor Beam Officer (Free from Arucanis Arm colonization)
2-3 Damage Control Officers (proc reduces cooldown on your Emergency powers, replicatable Emergency Engineering Hologram counts)
1-2 Conn officer (reduce the cooldown on Tactical Team, be sure to get the right one)

The changes
Attack Pattern Omega: It gets you out of tractor beams and helps with turning when you need to, plus it boosts your offense and defense besides.
Tactical Team: Don't leave home without it, especially when running STFs. The shield balancing is a lifesaver, and getting those boarding parties off your ship is important
Emergency To Weapons: Controlling all the beam drain is a pain, and trading an ensign eng slot for +20ish power is well worth it.
Emergency To Shields 3: You're big and slow and tanky, and the more punishment you can soak the better. FIND an engineer to teach you; its well worth it.
Swapping Tractor Beam and Transfer Shields: TB1 is 85% as good as TB2, and most targets shouldn't last long enough to matter anyways. Extra shield healing and tanking is always good however.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-11-2013, 05:54 PM
sweet. im gonna check some variants on what both of you told me, maybe tom you're right on putting another D ind coil, but im concern bout my torpedo damage may reduce, and you said 2 honor guard parts ( i have the full set mk12) increase torp damage, but i really cant get rid of the borg set couse i love it, it has a great structural healing and i just get so used to it, and i guess a full set runs better allways.

Maybe im taking off one sci console (power insulators) and put there the zero point and put another D ind coil on the tac.

Thanks for the advises, i'll keep reading more options, dont be shy post your ship stuff