Ensign
# 11
01-11-2013, 01:44 PM
seeing as this doesn't post on the linked article.. I'll just ask here.

With the klingons so lacking in content, or other concerns like changing species... why not simply unlock TR:Unrestricted or make species traits buyable (or C-Storeable) and respec everything based on customization?

The only theoretical answer is so that players will make multiple characters, however, Making it impossible for one player to acquire items as well as the absurd amount of Bind-to-character items that have been showing up kills that concept entirely.

...that said, there's absolutely NO reason why you'd restrict costume content (even such as maco or omegaforce) within the foundry. While a gorn head with tholian legs might not match up visually, KDF and FED parts are certainly interchangeable, as are Maco, HG, OF, and Off Duty outfits. All the different heads (Saurian, Gorn) obviously work on all bodies... so this seems rather silly.
Career Officer
# 12
01-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Would it be possible to not get queued by the PvE queue with players that we have on our ignore list?

That would pretty easily get rid of any AFK player behavior if they had to fear to not get any matches.

And if at all possible prioritize getting queued with players on the friend list?

That would increase the quality of pve matches A LOT.

More Dominion Ships in the next lockbox... ok, nice i guess, but when can i finally get a proper Jem'Hadar Captain for my Jem'Hadar Ship(s)?

Or, when will the promote First Officer to Player Captain ability finally be released?

Trait Respec in Season 8? finally! i bet half my chars didn't even know what they are going to do at Endgame.

Species Respec.... if you get me that Jem'Hadar and Breen Captain that i need for my Alien LockBox Ships (and maybe a Tholian?!) i'd totally pay 2000 Zen for that!

i also met some Players that intentionally used the Alien Creator to create different alien species in different costume slots and have written in their Bio that they are Shapeshifters. Think about that one for a bit

(how cool would it be if there was a Changeling morphing FX when you select a different Costume?)

aaaalso... we have seen:

Picard, Data and Troi as Romulans
Sisko, O'Brien and Odo (while Human!) as Klingons
Kira as Cardassian

plastic surgery like that seems pretty easy in the Star Trek future, i don't see a reason to restrict these things more than absolutely needed because of tech reasons.

(time limited GPL holograms are NOT what i am looking for)

Screw the future Factions that may never appear, i want "Monsterplay" and i want it now!
If i can have the Ships, why not the fitting Species?

When a Jem Hadar or Breen Faction arrives in 5 - 10 years, you can still sell me the option to import my Char to that Faction later

Last edited by zerobang; 01-11-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Career Officer
# 13 Regarding Species Respecs
01-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Here's my take:

Introduce rep-style projects, accessible at the Drozana transporter room at a special Ferengi NPC who is a transporter accident researcher:

Corrupted Pattern Buffer Log: Personal (Species) (Gender)

Corrupted Pattern Buffer Log: Bridge Officer (Species) (Gender)

These generate an item which is redeemable for a special bridge officer or species respec that is one quality level above the inputs.

The project requires something like: Two BOs, 25k dilithium, 50k in commodities.

Combine two purple Vulcan BOs? Get an Elite Quality Vulcan BO. Combine two blues for a purple. Combine two greens for a blue. Combine two whites for a green. Ala the DOff grinder.

The reverse also works to split BOs out, again like the DOff grinder.

A Corrupted Pattern Buffer Log: Personal project (aka species/gender respec) requires two Elite BOs of a species, 100k dilithium, and 500k in commodities.

What this does is mean that you can only respec to species you can get four purple BOs of. This is how you disqualify androids/Borg. Because you can only get one at a time of each. (You could get playable Fed/KDF Romulan this way. And BO/Marauding species respec options could open up if you added KDF Ferengi/Fed Gorn etc. BOs to other commendation categories, fleshing out their rewards. And if somebody wants a Jem'Hadar or Breen, you'd need to add three more places to get purple Jem'Hadar or Breen BOs.)

This creates a BOff sink as BOs are, generally, getting way too cheap relative to other items of similar value.

Additionally, you could add special Corrupted Pattern Buffers via DOff assignments, reputation, DOff packs, and lockboxes. For example: a Bynars ground grand prize lockbox awards a Corrupted Pattern Buffer: Personal (Bynars) which changes your character into a pair of Bynars. Meanwhile, you offer Bynars bridge officers as more common rewards which can be upgraded in quality to provide a Corrupted Pattern Buffer: Personal (Bynars).

Corrupted Pattern Buffers could also provide hybrid BOs and hybrid species respecs. For example, half-Romulan, half-human BOs with inputs requiring half of one and half of the other.

The whole thing is vaguely dark from a roleplay perspective but you could have the Ferengi and supporting text address this somewhat so that the Captain doesn't know the outcome even if the PLAYER does.
Lieutenant
# 14
01-11-2013, 01:51 PM
At least, Spanish translation after 3 years! Thank you Cryptic!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

http://flotahispana.com/imagenes/fhlogoforo.png

Siguenos en: Facebook | Twitter | Google +
Captain
# 15
01-11-2013, 01:55 PM
mid year event like the winter event <<< that is brilliant

retrait options >>>always wanted some space traits for my 3 year old toon wich no space traits.
Captain
# 16
01-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Looks good from reading that. I say a exciting 2013 year for STO. Looking forward to seeing what other ships they come out with.
Empire Veteran
# 17
01-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Ok ... I want to hear it said from a Dev that the KDF is still getting their own free ship during the anniversary event.

The other thought that occurred to me is that they might try giving us a T-3 version of these ships (KDF and the Ambassador) with us having to pay for the T-5 version.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!

Last edited by genhauk; 01-11-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Community Moderator
# 18
01-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Q: (timjerrom) Now im personaly not a fan of flying round a box where you just get the same old missions over and over again of having to scan 5 anomolies and warp out, blow 5 sets of hostile vessels up, beam to a station/planet kill 5 sets of hostiles. Its not Trek! Where are the ailens that you talk too to sort the situation out or just the ailens that you don't have to kill full stop? Also where is the exploration to seek out new life and to boldly go where no one has gone before?

Dstahl: We?ve poured significant resources into creating procedurally generated random space encounters and, unfortunately, they never quite feel like the Trek you are talking about. This is why we created the Foundry, so that players could author missions that are much more genuine and offer something new. The next step will be to marry the Foundry to a solid Exploration concept where you can be rewarded for exploring new sectors of randomly (but player created) strange new worlds. That is the basis of what we want to do with Exploration in the future
All well and good, but what about if a Foundry Author wants to revisit a world he's created and give players another reason to go back? Or base a series arc of missions around that one planet?

Please take that into consideration when you build out this feature.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Empire Veteran
# 19
01-11-2013, 02:12 PM
retrait tokens for season 8 confirmed

all new kdf design for the anniversary, as in not kvort, confirmed

my poor very old characters with crap traits are finally going to get accurate and elusive!

all sounds good, the future looks bright!
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 20
01-11-2013, 02:12 PM
A summer event, seriously, don't you have some real work to do?

New features would be much more appreciated than a summer event. Sure it would be interesting but not as much as new queues and new reps (as long as it's not a pvp one).