Career Officer
# 51
01-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
The issue is not that the Nazis were doing business with aliens, the Space Nazi description comes from that fact that those aliens were dressed up in full military uniforms. German officers would be outraged if a non-Aryan wore the uniform let alone extraterrestrials.
Alien monsters dressed in Nazi uniforms is a cliche' villain straight out of a bad comic book.
This might be exaggerating a bit. It may be true before the start of conscription during the war, but there are enough counter examples in our timeline to refute that as the absolute rule. It's been a long time since I've seen this episode, but I recall the actors dropping hints that their inclusion in the SS wasn't exactly comfortable to everyone, but they were winning the war with their help so no one complained.

Plus, it's very plausible if someone alien came to with technology to conquer the world, you would be willing to bend the rules a little.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Rihannsu
# 52
01-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
This might be exaggerating a bit. It may be true before the start of conscription during the war, but there are enough counter examples in our timeline to refute that as the absolute rule. It's been a long time since I've seen this episode, but I recall the actors dropping hints that their inclusion in the SS wasn't exactly comfortable to everyone, but they were winning the war with their help so no one complained.

Plus, it's very plausible if someone alien came to with technology to conquer the world, you would be willing to bend the rules a little.
Yeah, otwards the end of the war the German army had relatively few actual germans in it most of the others were conscripts. Truth is Hitler only enforced his rules when it suited him anyways.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Sorry, time travelling space Nazis will never work for me, no matter how you can rationalize it. Some things just push the suspension of disbelief barrier too far, and this is a good example.

And the Ent theme music really, really sucked.
Commander
# 54
01-11-2013, 03:35 PM
two things that would have made star trek enterprise better.

1# have earth starfleet ships in the show and have more earth cargo ships too. also having the deadalus class strship in star trek enterprise

2# full earht-romulan with fleet of ship from both sides fight eachother
Ensign
# 55
01-13-2013, 04:19 PM
I just started watching the series on Netflix. I'm just getting into the whole Temporal Nazi storyline. A couple of dull parts and pieces, but overall I'm enjoying it. And yes, the theme song was all wrong.
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
01-13-2013, 04:41 PM
The Theme Song and and Xindi story arc made me cringe. I also did not like Scott Bakula's whiny acting also. I quite liked the 1st season and where it was heading though.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 57
01-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
1# have earth starfleet ships in the show and have more earth cargo ships too.
We had a number of Starfleet vessels other than the Enterprise on the show. And we saw a number of freighters also.

Quote:
also having the deadalus class strship in star trek enterprise
I think that was the successor to the NX class.

Quote:
2# full earht-romulan with fleet of ship from both sides fight eachother
We probably would have gotten that if the series had lasted one more season.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-13-2013, 05:34 PM
They planned it out where season 5 would have gotten into the Earth Romulan war.
Enterprise is also supposed to get a new engine that is too big for the ship and they would have to refit the entire ship to make it look more like the Constitution class.

Overall, I liked it.
I don't mind the theme song, but it has to be skipped if you are marathoning it.
There are a lot of little details that went into the show that make it believable as the precursor of TOS, I'm talking about art direction and props.

The whole temporal cold war could have been done better and the Nazi episode was written in just to end it.

The Zindi arc (season 3) was interesting and for some that say we never hear from them again in the other series, I imagined that they just never became real player in the galaxy. Look at the Tellerite and Andorian, they barely have any apperance beside the last season of TOS. Politically irrelevant or very integrated with the Federation.

The first two seasons has its up and down but I like the conflict and tension between Vulcans and Human. It implicitly set up a goal of the utopic Federation for these, at the time, primitive species to grow into. I liked seeing how the crew messed up or making beginner's mistakes that for us, old viewers of the other series would go all duh about. It shows that they are still young and learning.

The last season is the best (except the last episode). The augments and Klingon plague arcs was the best. And I loved the mirror arc. I don't mind the Borg episode and it make sense in the story. The Ferangi episode was just funny. For the last episode, they could have done something great where the Vulcan finally accepted humanity as being not primitive and fully pledge their help to help human explore. If they didn't end the temporal cold war arc, they could have used the last episode to end it with how the modern (season 4) Enterprise or Archer must be saved or protected so ten years from now, he can sign the Federation charter.
The Holodeck was just lame!
Rihannsu
# 59
01-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorandax View Post
I just started watching the series on Netflix. I'm just getting into the whole Temporal Nazi storyline. A couple of dull parts and pieces, but overall I'm enjoying it. And yes, the theme song was all wrong.
I have to say that after watching the whole thing I came to like Silik and wanted to see him stay around.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 60
01-16-2013, 10:47 PM
In honor of this thread, I have decided to update my signature.