Rihannsu
# 31
01-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Except most of the KDF can't get to Risa! Risa! Risa! .
But Q could get anyone to Risa! Risa! Risa!
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
01-11-2013, 02:36 PM
"Dstahl: Good question. Our license with CBS is restricted to the TV Shows, the movies (up to Nemesis), the Animated Series, and some of the book fiction. Unfortunately, this license doesn?t extend to other video games. However, if those ships or factions appeared in any of the previously mentioned properties, then it is fair game."

Would cryptic be willing to acquire the licence if the STO community wanted some of these game ships? Maybe via Kickstarter??
Career Officer
# 33
01-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotahispana View Post
At least, Spanish translation after 3 years! Thank you Cryptic!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Shouldn't that have been Gracias! x16?
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 34
01-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
But Q could get anyone to Risa! Risa! Risa!
The Klingons should have to go to Rura Penthe...

It would fit right in with Q's sense of humor.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Republic Veteran
# 35
01-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
The Klingons should have to go to Rura Penthe...

It would fit right in with Q's sense of humor.

Orions want the beach....and Orions are really the ones in charge of the empire.
Career Officer
# 36
01-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunkfalcon View Post
How come we can't go through the DS9 wormhole?
That'll likely come at a later date when we've got a Dominion Social Zone / Story Focus to look forward too. They're probably more focused toward filling up the Alpha and Beta Quadrants for the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunkfalcon View Post
When will we get to play as the Romulans?
I suspect Season 10 at the earliest. Season 8 and 9 are suppose to be big, and are suppose to include KDF content. They're then going to need to allow themselves time to work on a Romulan faction, thus I'd call it in at Season 10, if by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Be nice if we could restructure the rank system where end-game is Captain and save Admiral for unique cases like Fleet Leaders.
This would make the most sense from a cannon/lore point of view. It is the Captains that fly the ship, not a Universe full of Admirals.

In a Perfect World (not PWE) you'd have your Captain (your main character) that would command your ship, and be the one you use when in all social zones. Ground Missions should have allowed for a First Officer Selection (someone you promote to such status the second you get your first ship). Captain's shouldn't be running around on planets with hostile aliens everywhere. The Captain goes down with the ship, not the away team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
Ok ... I want to hear it said from a Dev that the KDF is still getting their own free ship during the anniversary event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We've confirmed this many times I also talked about it at the end of the premiere episode of "On Screen!"

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
One could argue that the rumored K'vort isn't a new ship.
Survivor of Romulus
# 37
01-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Will / Can there be a way to change the species that we are? When I first joined STO I opted for human than later on you released playable Caitian faction in the c-store. I would love to be a Caitian but I don't want to start again from scratch to do it.
Please say no to this waste of resources. Choices has consequences, players need to learn to deal with it or re-roll. It doesn't take much effort to level up in this game.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Fleet Commander maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Republic Veteran
# 38
01-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin View Post
Please say no to this waste of resources. Choices has consequences, players need to learn to deal with it or re-roll. It doesn't take much effort to level up in this game.
We should get a re trait token for our passive, but a re species no I agree just re roll one.
Captain
# 39
01-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Sure.

I mean it's not like Cryptic radically altered the way all the passives, including species specific ones, worked when they redid all the skills, and gave people zero ways to deal with said changes.
Career Officer
# 40
01-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:

It isn't all about changing your mind, especially with re-species. Some players make aliens that are supposed to be certain species. If those species are introduced in the future, it only makes sense that players be able to turn their character into a 'real' Denebolan, Romulan, Cardassian, etc.

I remember I had a 'tellarite' Boff not long after launch. When actual tellarite boffs were introduced, all I had to do was train the same skills. But with actual characters, we need something more powerful.