Commander
# 11
01-11-2013, 01:59 PM
And just like in game, a bunch of people are mashing the "need" button.

The JJ'verse is not bad guys! Its just misunderstood! Golly Gosh Dang Darn!!
Career Officer
# 12
01-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xigbarg View Post
The JJ'verse is not bad guys! Its just misunderstood! Golly Gosh Dang Darn!!
That's like saying the Texas chainsaw massacre was just a simple gardening accident.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Captain
# 13
01-11-2013, 02:07 PM
To me its a game, and them making it work for all ages is good. Look at Star Trek itself. It spans a lot of years and you have groups like certain shows/movies. To me I love a little of it all. So I have some older and newer ships in my ship list.

Its a good thing they are trying to get all the groups happy with ship selection. Plus that makes you more unique as we don't want to see a fleet of 1 or 2 ships. I been there before seeing a group go into to kill a boss. And we all looked the same. That was really bad on looks wise.
Empire Veteran
# 14
01-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Money. Cryptic doesn't care if it comes from the past or from the future, as long as you spend it here.
Captain
# 15
01-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Money. Cryptic doesn't care if it comes from the past or from the future, as long as you spend it here.
So true, putting it up as a purchasable ship. They get $ to keep the game going and someone gets to use the ship they want. So its a win-win for both.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Because, even though you apparently aren't interested in them, many other players are.

Cryptic would be foolish not to cash in on that fact...

And making them lower than T-4 would be counter-productive to that ends.

It's still a business, and making a Profit is the ultimate goal of any business.
Then the Devs should allow you to "refit" for ship for 100K Dilithium or so, Higher Teir ships should be more advanced, and more modern. It would also be nice to have some non-cannon ships made.
Career Officer
# 17
01-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopbang View Post
Then the Devs should allow you to "refit" for (?your?) ship for 100K Dilithium or so, Higher Tier ships should be more advanced, and more modern. It would also be nice to have some non-cannon ships made.
They have Non-CaNon ships in the game...

So, it's not at all unreasonable to expect more in the future.

But do you really believe that Non-CaNon ships will sell as well?

A past post by Dsthal about how terrible a Klingon Ship did in the C-Store, should be your guide to the answer of that question.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-11-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-11-2013, 03:35 PM
If they were to construct a new ship using new materials, new equipment, new weapons, new hull plating, new everything, but using the exterior blueprint of an old ship, there is no reason why that ship should not be on par with any other ship with brand-new material. Just because it has an old look doesn't mean it actually is old. I can get someone to make a Gothic-style facade for a house, but it doesn't mean that house is suddenly 600 years old and you're living without electricity, central heating, sewage, etc. It just means you prefer that look because it looks nice. None of the "old" ships are actually old, especially with how many losses there are due to the various wars in the setting.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemeszaros View Post
If they were to construct a new ship using new materials, new equipment, new weapons, new hull plating, new everything, but using the exterior blueprint of an old ship, there is no reason why that ship should not be on par with any other ship with brand-new material. Just because it has an old look doesn't mean it actually is old. I can get someone to make a Gothic-style facade for a house, but it doesn't mean that house is suddenly 600 years old and you're living without electricity, central heating, sewage, etc. It just means you prefer that look because it looks nice. None of the "old" ships are actually old, especially with how many losses there are due to the various wars in the setting.
But why would they use old designs, surly they have improved designs for better warp/transwarp capabilities.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
01-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Because there are cows that still need milking.thats why the old ships.