Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Empire Veteran
# 41
01-11-2013, 03:55 PM
No unfortunatelly not. If the person has been member of 1 team and leaves than he/she isn't allowed to play any more in this tournament.

So think twice before you leave a team.
Nova Aurora Polaris
- Nova Aurora Polaris -
@pascalb1
Captain
# 42
01-11-2013, 03:57 PM
The Sad Pandas will be fielding a 2nd team:

@bmr1580
@gallileos
@bethshepard
@anathosion
@ite12sd
@jason.rico
@cptpyr8
@superphat
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
We actually really don't like A2B, but it's a bit of a "third rail" situation. When we have the right fix to it, someday, we'll probably possibly maybe make it.
Empire Veteran
# 43
01-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Registration Closed

Looking Forward To Seeing You Inside The Tournament

I Will Be An Impartial Referee
Nova Aurora Polaris
- Nova Aurora Polaris -
@pascalb1
Career Officer
# 44
01-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalb1 View Post
No unfortunatelly not. If the person has been member of 1 team and leaves than he/she isn't allowed to play any more in this tournament.

So think twice before you leave a team.
What is the point of limiting teams to 5+3 anyway? Isn't it enough to make sure that nobody plays for two teams during the tournament?

I'm fairly certain that the rules meeting came to the conclusion that "sign up as many as you like, just make sure nobody plays for two teams" was the way to go. Your rule "1.3. you may add as many members as you like ( fleet + @handle )" even shows that intent, but then rule 1.6 contradicts this.
http://hilbertguide.com
Career Officer
# 45
01-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
What is the point of limiting teams to 5+3 anyway? Isn't it enough to make sure that nobody plays for two teams during the tournament?

I'm fairly certain that the rules meeting came to the conclusion that "sign up as many as you like, just make sure nobody plays for two teams" was the way to go. Your rule "1.3. you may add as many members as you like ( fleet + @handle )" even shows that intent, but then rule 1.6 contradicts this.
This^^
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:

This was actually what I wondered in my original question.

.The Spanish Inquisition.
TSI -- Star Trek Online PvP Vidoes (Youtube) -- www.BabyEra.com
/channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match.
Ensign
# 47
01-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Fleet: SVKELITE & Mosquito Squadron

Space 5v5

@Soveliss-Sovair
@PapaBlood
@Gogo992
@TonyJohnminter
@smatty1
@DBH-Chaos
@jarrett885
@Healie

More May come or list subject to change. Any questions please contact me.

This information being posted is in reference of Page 3 when i did a open team / fleet registration without haven the details worked out.

Last edited by sovair; 01-12-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Captain
# 48
01-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovair View Post
Fleet: SVKELITE & Mosquito Squadron

Space 5v5

@Soveliss-Sovair
@PapaBlood
@Gogo992
@TonyJohnminter
@smatty1
@DBH-Chaos
@jarrett885
@Healie

More May come or list subject to change. Any questions please contact me.
You might have missed te deadline
Quote:
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Commander
# 49
01-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:

I'm fairly certain that the rules meeting came to the conclusion that "sign up as many as you like, just make sure nobody plays for two teams" was the way to go.
I don't really remember what was exactly said regarding the roster size during the rules meeting.

But I remember Pascal saying something along the lines that all rules and the whole tournament framework in general required some form of approval from Cryptic. If no approval then no official support of Cryptic for this enterprise.

I believe the reason for limiting roster size is simply this: There are 8 Prices for the winners, so just 8 members in each team. But I'm just guessing here....

Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some pew pew PVP action!
Captain
# 50
01-12-2013, 09:57 AM
I ask that the organisers postpone the tournament until the additional rules added (Red rules) are fully agreed by all fleets. Many people have come to me from various fleets regarding this issue.

Lets try to make this tournament fair for everyone and without any perceived biases put in place to favour one team over another leading to controversy.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles

Last edited by naz4; 01-12-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Closed Thread