Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Former PWE Community Team Lead
This is the Star Trek Online Gateway bugs and technical issues thread! Please post any bugs, error messages, or compatibility issues here!

What is the Star Trek Online Gateway?

Star Trek Online Gateway is a web application which lets you look at your captains, ships, bridge officers, and other data from STO. Eventually, you will be able to interact with Star Trek Online through Gateway without logging in to the full 3D client.

The purpose of Gateway is to let players into Star Trek Online without needing to start up the full client.

Visit http://gateway.startrekonline.com to access the STO Gateway.

Feedback

Star Trek Online Gateway is in early Beta, and we look forward to hearing what you think about it. Let us know what you're thinking by posting to this forum thread.

If you have technical issues or experience any bugs such as problems using Gateway with your web browser or device, please let us know by commenting below in this forum thread. Please let us know what operating system and browser (including version numbers) you are using. If you are using a mobile device, let us know which one.

Also, take a glance at the Known Issues below for a list of things we already know about.

Browser Requirements

• Gateway is tailored to work on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices supporting HTML5.
  • Gateway has been verified to operate on recent versions of Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. It may work on earlier versions of these browsers.
  • Gateway requires the use of cookies.
  • Gateway requires the use of Javascript.

Login Issues

You must log in to a Perfect World account to use Gateway. If you don't have one, you will have to create one first. If you have a Cryptic account, but not a Perfect World account, you will need to create a Perfect World account and link it to your Cryptic account before using Gateway.

Click here to create a new account or link an existing account.

Click here for more information on account linking.

Cookie Usage

• A cookie is used to keep track of your session while you using Gateway. This is a "session cookie" and is not kept after you leave the page.
  • A second, persistent cookie is also used by Account Guard to determine if the particular browser install is authorized for use with your account. This cookie contains no account information.

Known Issues

• The list of characters is not updated after login. If you create a new character (or delete one), you must log out and back in to see the changes.
  • Pictures of bridge officers do not show the officer in their chosen stance.
  • Though Gateway uses the language preferred by your browser, there is some text that is not yet translated. Gateway supports the same languages Star Trek Online does: English, German, and French.
  • When used in IE8, Gateway is a fixed size and does not resize to fit in the window.
  • Kindle Fire: Using the back button disconnects the user from Gateway and leaves the browser in a confused state. A workaround is to use the naviagtion buttons in Gateway and avoid using the back button.
  • If you are disconnected, you will get a message regarding a "one-time code" rather than a proper disconnection message.
  • The mobile version of the fleet pages has an "Edit" button which does not belong.
  • Sound effects are not working properly.
  • On mobile, if you have no characters, the page will be blank when you log in (rather than saying you have no characters).
  • If you have no characters, you can't look at anyone else's characters.
  • Older Android browsers (vers 2.x, for example) are not supported by Gateway at this time.
  • Traits are not being displayed.
  • iPhone Problems with Account Guarded accounts:
    We have confirmed what the problem is for many iPhone users who get stuck in an Account Guard. When you try to log in to Gateway, you are requested for a code that is sent via email. When you switch from the Gateway page to read the email on the iPhone, the iPhone basically shuts down Safari and it looks to us like you've closed your session. We then invalidate your session and account guard code. Then when you switch back to Gateway, we start a new session.

A workaround is to use a different device to read your email and get the code.

We are working on a solution to this problem.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 03-05-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
02-14-2013, 01:44 PM
As we've updated the known issues and some information in the OP, please now use this thread to continue posting about any bugs of technical difficulties with the Gateway. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-14-2013, 02:30 PM
There is a lack of In-game mail support, we need to be able to use the mail function on the gateway. If your In-game mail is overstuffed it crashes the game client if your computer doesn't have enough processing power.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Order of BOFF abilities is still swizzled: Lt Cmdr, Lt, Ens, Cmdr.

Klingon fleets show blue Federation background
Captain
# 5
02-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Not sure if that's part of your known issues that sound effects don't work properly. Fact is, they don't play at all. There were sound effects yesterday, now there are none playing. (Yes, rechecked I don't have sounds disabled in any way. And using Firefox 18.0.2.)

Then all ships still show the same 10k hull.

On the bright side: My captains finally have some gear on them. Was strange they weren't showing equipment boffs were.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Ensign
# 6
02-14-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm unable to select bridge officers upon switching ships. Sometimes it helps if I beam down to ESD, but most of the time it doesn't. At the moment, I've only been able to put all but my Engineering bridge officers on their stations of my Sovereign. But clicking the name of my Engineering officer in the drop down menu only makes the drop down menu disappear, nothing more.
Commander
# 7
02-14-2013, 10:05 PM
I am getting a Loading Timeout Error in Internet Explorer 9 but Google Chrome Portable works fine, any insight into why?

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard
Captain
# 8
02-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afree100 View Post
I am getting a Loading Timeout Error in Internet Explorer 9 but Google Chrome Portable works fine, any insight into why?
Timeout on Firefox, Chrome works fine (on a PC).
Cryptic Studios Team
# 9
02-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Timeout on Firefox, Chrome works fine (on a PC).
If you get a timeout, go back to character select and select the same character, does it time out again?
Commander
# 10
02-15-2013, 05:41 PM
For me in IE9 it timesout a few seconds after entering log in details.

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard