Ensign
In my travels from the Sirius sector block to New Romulus, I got 3 different fleet alerts and all three were broken. How is it that this has been broken for so long? It's ridiculous.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
01-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Broken? Likely not. It's generally the case that they have already finished before you got there. Often in sirius and regulus blocks, the newbies get in and fail the instance. Even with the scale up of their abilities and stats the low level players simply don't have the powers or the firepower to cut it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Career Officer
# 3
01-12-2013, 11:49 AM
I disagree. It IS broken. Just not in the way most might think.

Once an instance is 'finished' (win, lose or whatever), players should not be transported into that instance. Right now, a player might get in, see nothing and be auto-transferred out... but other players are still entering, keeping that instance 'alive' and perpetuating this problem.

You see this happening a lot in Tau Dewa. Once an instance's # of player slots is filled, they should just block others from entering that particular instance, disabling that 'Red Alert' as well.
Ensign
# 4
01-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Ok sounds like a simple fix to me.

1. Check to see if mission is complete, if so, stop showing the damn red alert
2. If mission was failed, stop showing the damn red alert

Either way it sounds like a simple programming fix.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
01-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headjammm View Post
Ok sounds like a simple fix to me.

1. Check to see if mission is complete, if so, stop showing the damn red alert
2. If mission was failed, stop showing the damn red alert

Either way it sounds like a simple programming fix.

one does not simply fix a bug
...now see my dedication plaque
USS PEACEMAKER
- NCC-511217-A
and Screenshot With Two Steps From Hell Music Mix
- Brazilian Fleet - lvl 20_Tier5 / Emb,DiliM,Spi lvl 9
Commander
# 6
01-13-2013, 08:37 PM
The Tholian Red alerts are SOOOOO broken. I have sat and waited for one to pop up. The split second the Flash appeared saying "red alert" I clicked on it and warped in only to find it empty and then kicked out. 3 days about 20 red alerts and counting. Not one working. They need to just make that a quick Queue mission that pays 30-50 Marks with a 30 min cool down and be done with it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-13-2013, 09:15 PM
"Working as intended"
Career Officer
# 8
01-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
"Working as intended"
Ah yes....I think that phrase will live in infamy.

Are you speaking to the Borg red alerts? Because my Klink was NOT on cooldown and I didn't get the mission for it, so I wasted my time killing borg for nothing...
Commander
# 9
01-16-2013, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
The Tholian Red alerts are SOOOOO broken. I have sat and waited for one to pop up. The split second the Flash appeared saying "red alert" I clicked on it and warped in only to find it empty and then kicked out. 3 days about 20 red alerts and counting. Not one working. They need to just make that a quick Queue mission that pays 30-50 Marks with a 30 min cool down and be done with it.
This.

I had the same problem in Tau Dewa last night. I think I entered 5 Tholian Red Alerts (2 of which had literally just popped up on screen, so could not have been completed), and all of them kicked me out immediately. I barely had enough time to notice that it had the mission objectives as failed.