Captain
# 1 Broken!
01-11-2013, 11:13 PM
PVP is getting quit annoying with all the spawn killing going on because either the gates are not spawning randomly or the C&H starbases don't have adequate defenses to prevent teams from sitting outside tha base, killing anybody that appears. How is that fun or balance for everyone? Once your team is on the losing end, they can never recover as long as they get killed as soon as they appear and re-appear. This has been a problem since Season 5, but only have gotten worse as ships became more powerful. I think the Devs can't continue to ignore the problem with these maps. Thos gate needs to be fixed so people have random spawn locations, and the C&H starbases need better defenses to keep opposing teams from camping on eachother.
Career Officer
# 2
01-11-2013, 11:47 PM
another bad thing is you start with 0 power to :/
Rihannsu
# 3
01-12-2013, 05:53 AM
If you have an Engine Battery, and your Evasive is up in "Spawn Camp" situation, you can use both and get quite a distance away to give you a chance to recover. If your team is also well organized, you can get them to all do the same, and in the same direction to give you guys more time to recover.

As far as the C&H Platforms, I agree they could use a tweek to be stronger and use more AOE attacks for fending off multiple opponents.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-12-2013, 07:40 AM
there isnt a spawn camping problem in game, there is a players suck problem in game. 90% of the time, theres such a skill miss match that the battle just ends up outside a spawn. rarely is it malicious intentional spawn camping. if the matchmaking is so poor that the other team couldn't if their life depended on it put up any sort of fight, then prepare to get spawn camped so this pathetic match can end as quickly as possible
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 5
01-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
If you have an Engine Battery, and your Evasive is up in "Spawn Camp" situation, you can use both and get quite a distance away to give you a chance to recover. If your team is also well organized, you can get them to all do the same, and in the same direction to give you guys more time to recover.

As far as the C&H Platforms, I agree they could use a tweek to be stronger and use more AOE attacks for fending off multiple opponents.
I have tried that but most times it doesn't get you far when they have acceton assimilators, or advances interceptors that target your subsystems sitting outside the station.
Captain
# 6
01-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
there isnt a spawn camping problem in game, there is a players suck problem in game. 90% of the time, theres such a skill miss match that the battle just ends up outside a spawn. rarely is it malicious intentional spawn camping. if the matchmaking is so poor that the other team couldn't if their life depended on it put up any sort of fight, then prepare to get spawn camped so this pathetic match can end as quickly as possible
So you are guilty of spawn killing. KDF teams are the most guilty in spawn killing because they have more NPC frigates , fighters, siphon drones, and drops like acceton assimilators that makes it difficult for the the station defenses to target the players. House of Beautiful Orions is one of the most notorious teams that do this as soon as the game starts. People will continue to spawn camp as long as the game allows them to. Its doesn't matter if players on ones side is less skilled than the other. When the match is PUGS vs established teams, most like the established teams are going to win because they can coordinate attacks better. They can communicate using media devices which gives them a great advantage over PUG teams. That is why I am an advicate of separating the PVP servers so established teams can go against established teams and PUGS vs PUGS. Until the devs get this idea they should at least fix the spawning so that players be given a fair chance to recover without dying as soon as they appear. The game is not being taken care of by the devs. Before Season 5 spawn gates were working properly and the C&H starbases had strong base defenses that easily killed you if you came too close. More and more players, new and old are hating PVP rather than PVE because of the spawn camping. Thats why it is hard to queue up for Fed vs KDF because people are afraid that some good KDF established team will be in there spawn camping and making the experience miserable. Spawn camping is making PVP less attracktive for new and old players. Even whole teams are camped on from the begining. When you appear, your buffs are not active making you an easy target.

Last edited by alexindcobra; 01-12-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Captain
# 7
01-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Quote:
this, a matching system in PVP would take away most of the problems it has. as i understand it, cryptic won't implement anything for pvp in season 8...lets hope for season 9

also if your team is behind already 10:0 why even bother to evade the freaking spawn killing? get killed, end match, queue again. Why try to prolong something that is inevitable.

*something like the arenas in WOW would be my suggestion...premade teams (that have their own name) fight each other in a ranked system
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 01-12-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Career Officer
# 8 You nailed it.
01-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
So you are guilty of spawn killing. KDF teams are the most guilty in spawn killing because they have more NPC frigates , fighters, siphon drones, and drops like acceton assimilators that makes it difficult for the the station defenses to target the players. House of Beautiful Orions is one of the most notorious teams that do this as soon as the game starts. People will continue to spawn camp as long as the game allows them to. Its doesn't matter if players on ones side is less skilled than the other. When the match is PUGS vs established teams, most like the established teams are going to win because they can coordinate attacks better. They can communicate using media devices which gives them a great advantage over PUG teams. That is why I am an advicate of separating the PVP servers so established teams can go against established teams and PUGS vs PUGS. Until the devs get this idea they should at least fix the spawning so that players be given a fair chance to recover without dying as soon as they appear. The game is not being taken care of by the devs. Before Season 5 spawn gates were working properly and the C&H starbases had strong base defenses that easily killed you if you came too close. More and more players, new and old are hating PVP rather than PVE because of the spawn camping. Thats why it is hard to queue up for Fed vs KDF because people are afraid that some good KDF established team will be in there spawn camping and making the experience miserable. Spawn camping is making PVP less attracktive for new and old players. Even whole teams are camped on from the begining. When you appear, your buffs are not active making you an easy target.
1000% agree with this.
Empire Veteran
# 9
01-12-2013, 09:49 AM
spawn camping can also be completely avoided if you actually fly to the center of the map at the start. try that, and then tell me theres a spawn camping problem in arenas. it is your own fault if you get spawn camped in arenas.

cap and holds, mainly the skill imbalance between teams. if they cap all the points, what the hell else is the other team supposed to do? why would you want to prolong a match like that anyway. just stop spawning and let it tick down then.

im so tired of 'helpless spawn camp victims' blaming everyone but their own lack of skill, and their inability to actually fly away from their own spawn for getting spawn camped. no, actually its your own fault. deal with it and L2P.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 10
01-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
spawn camping can also be completely avoided if you actually fly to the center of the map at the start. try that, and then tell me theres a spawn camping problem in arenas. it is your own fault if you get spawn camped in arenas.

cap and holds, mainly the skill imbalance between teams. if they cap all the points, what the hell else is the other team supposed to do? why would you want to prolong a match like that anyway. just stop spawning and let it tick down then.

im so tired of 'helpless spawn camp victims' blaming everyone but their own lack of skill, and their inability to actually fly away from their own spawn for getting spawn camped. no, actually its your own fault. deal with it and L2P.
wow you mean i might have to actually move from my spawn point!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?