Career Officer
# 1 A thought on the throttle.
01-12-2013, 12:21 AM
How about giving us the option of 2, 5, or, 10% increments on the throttle control.

Now when you hit the e or q buttons it is in increments of 25%.

I use the throttle quite a bit in combat and find having to use the mouse to fine adjust it is a pain in the rear.

maybe in the game settings let us have the option of what increments we would like to use.

Or maybe its already there and im not seeing it.

thanks
Career Officer
# 2
01-12-2013, 12:38 AM
I second this.

And the ability to drag race against Borg Cubes.
Join Date : September 2010. Still boldly going forward because Cryptic couldn't be bothered to install reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who know me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Commander
# 3
01-12-2013, 02:07 AM
it's there and it's not. you're going to have to edit the keybind to do it yourself.

the command is throttleadjust. simply put in your chatbox [/bind e throttleadjust .1] minus the brackets [] to make the trottle adjust 10% every time you push e. to decrease, you would do [/bind q throttleadjust -.1] again minus the brackets.

for 5%, it's .05 and so on.

caveat emptor: i'd stick with the 10%. otherwise, it becomes more of a pain to micromanage your speed settings.
Commander
# 4
01-12-2013, 04:01 AM
Uh, what?

It's called "quarter impulse", "half impulse" or "full impulse" for a reason.
Quarter means 25%, half means 50%, full means 100%.

These increments you're describing have little basis in canon.

He's dead, Jim.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
01-12-2013, 04:11 AM
Click the throttle scale with mouse pointer where you want the speed works for me.

Haven't checked , maybe there are some setting too that may adjust the increments?
Career Officer
# 6
01-12-2013, 05:39 AM
Thanks for the keybind idea. That was exactley what I was looking for. Now I want to see what else I can do in keybinds.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2013, 06:46 AM
Another thing you can do with keybinds is to throw throttle on your mouse wheel, its makes it easier to adjust quickly with the finer increments and more importantly frees up q and e for keybinds you want quick access to. Also, you can save out all your current binds using "/bind_save_file filename", edit the file and load it back in using "/bind_load_file filename".

Here are two good resources for keybinding:
http://www.stowiki.org/Guide:_Keybinds
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=160698