Lt. Commander
# 11
12-28-2012, 09:52 AM
What about the Sword of the Raptor Star? Wasn't it lost somewhere on this planet?
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
12-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm19delta View Post
What about the Sword of the Raptor Star? Wasn't it lost somewhere on this planet?
And possibly found off screen sometime between your first arrival and hitting T4 as their analyzing what they think is the sword in the T4 cutscene.
Career Officer
# 13
12-28-2012, 10:38 AM
So the tier 5 mission is a rehash of the Tier 4? I can hardly keep my composure.
Career Officer
# 14
12-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Someone in my fleet Tier'd up to 5, but didn't get this mission or it skipped.

Anyway to pick it up again -after- you get your Tier 5?
Career Officer
# 15 Secrets of the Ancients
01-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Ok,

Seriously this one is idiotic. You are issued a mission at Tier 5 and need to contact D'Tan but there is no way to simply contact him. I have been told by some folks that you have to re-run the Tier 4 mission in order to access the Tier 5 mission which is again silly. If you are issued a mission you should be able to run the mission. The hardest part of a mission should never be trying to start the mission.

So I guess in order to run my T5 I need to re-run what? The Power Plant mission and it starts from within that mission? Not one of Cryptics brightest moments.
Career Officer
# 16
01-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Its a disgusting design, if they couldn't get it done on time they had a month after to do it and put it in, but they didn't do that.

Nothing really seemed to happen to the ancient sword arc or the mysterious creature that evolved all the animals in a specific way they hinted it at several times. Complete failure in the use of the zone, just like Defera, Nukara, and Bajor before it.
Republic Veteran
# 17
01-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
I was very disappointed.

No Ring platform, No DHD, No Zero Point Module.

Heck not even a Zombie box.

The Ancients didn't leave any cool toys this time.
If I could *Like* your post, I would.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Ensign
# 18
01-12-2013, 08:13 AM
This was pi$$ poor......The tholians kicked us out of the main room....we defeated them, then a popup says mission completed.....We exit and nothing.....

Nothing was ever said you MUST stay in the main room to access a console/cutscene...etc..... to wrap up tier 5.........

Now I have to wait another 20 hours because of cryptic's laziness, and poor mission planning to try again???
Career Officer
# 19
01-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrapne11 View Post
Ok,

Seriously this one is idiotic. You are issued a mission at Tier 5 and need to contact D'Tan but there is no way to simply contact him. I have been told by some folks that you have to re-run the Tier 4 mission in order to access the Tier 5 mission which is again silly. If you are issued a mission you should be able to run the mission. The hardest part of a mission should never be trying to start the mission.

So I guess in order to run my T5 I need to re-run what? The Power Plant mission and it starts from within that mission? Not one of Cryptics brightest moments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfriedman View Post
This was pi$$ poor......The tholians kicked us out of the main room....we defeated them, then a popup says mission completed.....We exit and nothing.....

Nothing was ever said you MUST stay in the main room to access a console/cutscene...etc..... to wrap up tier 5.........

Now I have to wait another 20 hours because of cryptic's laziness, and poor mission planning to try again???
When you hit T5, you get the mission "Secret of the Ancients".

You actually have to redo the T4 mission in the underground ruins. Complete it and in the main room you get a popup to signal D'tan to beam in. Click that and the cutscene begins.

Technically there is no T5 mission, it is just a cutscene you can only access at the end of redoing the T4 mission.

Hope that helps

Not very good I know, but that is what we have.....
Captain
# 20
01-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Without secret of the ancients mission in your progress tab, it's useless to do the underground ruins mission. Unless you are really into the story and want to follow up on the Star Trek plot. Secret of the Ancients will give you the cutscene and it's what you need to get the huge reward everyone is talking about in the chat .

Edit: Also, everyone that's whining they can't get the cutscene, you probably failed the mission by not being able to prevent the core from overloading. Save the two consoles and you will be fine (play on normal difficulty if you have to).
Forum fun murdered. No longer in service.

Last edited by deokkent; 01-21-2013 at 02:08 PM.