Starfleet Veteran
I want to be able to use the ferrengi missile launcher on autofire and also a manual fire torpedo with high yield torpedo. Is this possible?

From what I understand the ferrengi missile launcher also works with high yield (which IMO, is stupid since it hardly affects it anyway) but is there any way to stop this behavior? I wish I could set it to not work with my BO abilities or something.
Career Officer
# 2
01-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I want to be able to use the ferrengi missile launcher on autofire and also a manual fire torpedo with high yield torpedo. Is this possible?....
Its possible, but difficult and not practical to do... Its a matter of timing. Torp High Yield and Torp Spread is applied to the next Torp that fires. So if your Ferengi Missile has just fired, and your manual fire trop is ready to go, and if you're very quick with those button presses... You'd have more reliable results if you simply right click on the missile launcher to take if off-line of auto fire...

(The Ferengi Missile launcher is more useful using Torp Spread, as its useful against Heavy Torp & Fighter Spam, and with its short cool-down, is readily available for use...)

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 01-12-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
01-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Keybind it.

Set a keybind that activates the THY (or TS) AND also the Torp (that you left on manual fire). This works reliably if you always wait for the Torp ability to be ready. Else the way keybinds work might have you firing the torp before the ability.

Else, what I normally do is make a keybind for the Torp ability and just immediately fire off the right Torp immediately after.

-----

Other situations with this problem include those of us using both romulan torp launchers.

-----

Another way is to set all torps to manual fire and get used to manually firing them (in which case, welcome to the built-in 'delay' in between activating powers).