Captain
# 1 Federation Gorn Please
01-12-2013, 11:42 AM
I am a huge Gornophile. they were my favorite species from Star Trek and they have rarely been given a fair shake in ST games. The backstory for STO establishes that the Gorn did not join the empire willingly and that there are a great number who wanty nothing to do with it other than blowing it to bits.

There are lots of Gorn doffs on the Fed side, why not make C Store (I insist on calling it that) unlockable Gorn player characters and boffs for the Feds as the punk rock kitties were added to the KDF side?
Commander
# 2
01-12-2013, 12:49 PM
I want to be a gorn on the fed side im not a big fan of klingons
Captain
# 3
01-12-2013, 01:42 PM
The Gorn aren't part of the Federation, and never have been. Just because they're not the most willing KDF members, doesn't mean they'll immediately jump to the Feds. they probably just want independence.

The only Gorn DOffs (excluding Cornelius from the Hamlet set) are defection/diplomacy rewards.

If you want to play as a Gorn, get a KDF character, instead of being the usual Fed-fanboi that wants everything from both factions under the Feddie banner.
Captain
# 4
01-12-2013, 01:54 PM
I'd rather see this expanded to be a wholesale "Defection" mechanic where you can make any character and then switch sides.

(In either direction)
Ensign
# 5
01-12-2013, 01:56 PM
The Borg aren't part of the federation either and we can play liberated Borg. I don't really see a problem with Gorn players, but we shouldn't see Gorn ships on Fed side.

Not that it really matters anymore. KDF or Fed, you're gonna see a bunch flying weird lockbox ships on both sides.
Ensign
# 6
01-12-2013, 01:58 PM
I like the defection idea, tho it'd be nice to have KDF content to defect from, lol
Captain
# 7
01-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Only way I could see Gorn Fed Side is if the devs unlock the Gorn body options to the alien character customization system, they allow players to do tasks that change their faction, or combine the factions. Only the first option is reasonable IMO since the others can cause problems.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
01-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Gorn are too big for federation ships (would not fit in the bunks)
Captain
# 9
01-12-2013, 02:24 PM
I'd love to see some Gorn, Caitian, Ferasan and other parts available for 'Alien'.

I'd also like costumes not to be locked to uniform/off duty, and shared more. Orion skimpy and Nausicaan blades for all!

It won't happen, but I can dream..
Captain
# 10
01-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Gorn are too big for federation ships (would not fit in the bunks)
You have not served with many Gorn if you think KDF ships are any better. The KDF builds their ships to be small and spartan by design. The Federation's beds and doors are too small to be comfortable but at least their rooms offer enough space for one to curl up on the floor.