Republic Veteran
# 81
12-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Not me I love the race

Career Officer
# 82
12-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Run it till you've won it, then stop... nothing there you can't get my other means anyways
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 83
12-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Mods here truly suck...just randomly deciding to merge threads on some subjects into giant threads no one reads...let leave other subjects alone.
Captain
# 84
12-17-2012, 08:05 AM
Don't know if it's a bug or not, but first 4 times I ran the race after last Thursdays patch I couldnt complete the race:
First time went over the cliff to test new patch- NO DQ but didn't get a flag to claim at finish line.
Next 3 runs- ran the entire course but got DQ'd evertime because I got too close to the cliff but didn't go over.

I've since learned to run the course properly but see others taking MASSIVE shortcuts across corners to win. Not that I'm concerned since I got all the tags and accolades I'll ever need but I kinda miss the cliff leaping sprint, this 'cheaters paradise' steeplechase is for the birds.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 85
12-18-2012, 08:14 AM
If you don't like being challenged, why even play?
Reality is WAR.
| KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard |
Career Officer
# 86
01-12-2013, 01:01 PM
I know this event is almost over, but I have to ask. Is there some buff or item that increases running speed besides the Frosted Boots. I usually have a better then average chance of winning these races and I DO have Frosted Boots. But i've observed some people blowing past me sometimes on the final stretch, they're behind me, AND they don't appear to be wearing Frosted Boots. I'd like to know for next year and my own peace of mind, as It makes my suspect foul play.
Ensign Spark Engineering Delta Squadron
Current Location: Utopia Planetia Dilithium Processing Department
Current Assignment: To process large quantities of dilithium for new starships.
12th Fleet, United Federation Of Planets
Career Officer
# 87
01-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Frosted Boots do not give speed boosts when on the race tracks, since the ice has the same effect. And far as I know there is nothing else that gives speed boosts.

That said, in several races, I have seen people zip past me while I'm in First place and in a flat sprint on a straightaway. Which has me suspicious that there is somekind of exploit that circumvents the Q WW debuff.

Also while they are checking things out, that one turn after the drop off needs to be addressed for next year. And wouldn't hurt to neutralize Cat Jumps as well.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Survivor of Romulus
# 88
12-15-2013, 03:06 PM
You now what irritates me? Capturing flags at the end.

A situation from today. I now I'm not going to win, but I'm sure I'll at least have the second place. Guess what! The guy who was first didn't grab the flag. The second flag didn't appear so I overshot the finish line with nothing (well - 2 tags - WOW!). Those who were behind grabbed the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Really Cryptic? There has to be a better way of giving out prizes at the end of the race...
Rihannsu
# 89
12-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjumetley View Post
You now what irritates me? Capturing flags at the end.

A situation from today. I now I'm not going to win, but I'm sure I'll at least have the second place. Guess what! The guy who was first didn't grab the flag. The second flag didn't appear so I overshot the finish line with nothing (well - 2 tags - WOW!). Those who were behind grabbed the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Really Cryptic? There has to be a better way of giving out prizes at the end of the race...
and that is why I tend not to sprint to the flag.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 90
12-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
and that is why I tend not to sprint to the flag.
Even when there's another player four steps behind you?
Closed Thread