Lt. Commander
# 1 Am I missing something?
01-12-2013, 01:42 PM
I've been noticing one particular player in a bug-ship who's been surviving getting reduced to 0% hull a *lot*. I've seen him at 1% with no shields, taking hits from multiple players, and then he vanishes. It's not just sensor jamming, because if it were the torpedoes tracking him would still hit, and the torpedoes do hit and explode.

I *think* that he's logging out quickly, and then logging back in a few seconds later, but I'm not positive if that's even possible.

Either that or he's just extremely lucky. Or he's running some sort of gear that I'm not aware of (I've been away from the game for most of last year). I wouldn't put it past Cryptic to add some sort of I-win button. I'm just not able to tell what's happening. He seems to be getting hit and taking damage, but instead of dying from it he disappears for 20 or 30 seconds, then comes back.
Career Officer
# 2
01-12-2013, 02:02 PM
This may be the Tier V Romulan Reputation ability known as "Quantum Singularity Manipulation".

From the tooltip: "After 3 seconds, cloaks your ship for 5 seconds. During this time, you may fire your weapons normally."

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!
Career Officer
# 3
01-12-2013, 02:04 PM
lulz, I think I know who that guy is.

I remember him talking about how cool that Tier-5 ability is.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 4
01-12-2013, 02:29 PM
I really worry about the future of the game with these things.

Whats after Romulan? What will we have to contend with then, and is there a point where it all just becomes too much.

I'm already feeling "grind"-out.

I use to love rolling new toons. Now I can't even think about the mind-numbing mission that entails.

It takes me two hours every time I log in just to do admin on my toons. 2 hrs I could be having fun.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
This may be the Tier V Romulan Reputation ability known as "Quantum Singularity Manipulation".

From the tooltip: "After 3 seconds, cloaks your ship for 5 seconds. During this time, you may fire your weapons normally."
Maybe. I'm just baffled by how he survives the torpedo hits. My BS-detector went off after seeing the same guy survive twice after losing his shields and having his buffs stripped off with SNB.

Does that ability let you cloak with shields up or something?

I use transphasics on the ship I was playing when I ran into that guy, so usually if they're in flight against a ship with no buffs up and 1% hull health, that ship is done whether they have shields up or not.

I think I've seen that ability a lot on other ships, but I noticed that guy when I was on my sci/sci ship. I usually see through cloaks pretty far out with that, and when I see other players do that I just reacquire them immediately. This guy does it when he's close to me, and if he's just been hit with a charged particle burst or whatever.

It could just be luck I guess. It just seems weird to me that one particular player keeps going to 0% hull and then bouncing back.
Career Officer
# 6
01-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19 View Post
Maybe. I'm just baffled by how he survives the torpedo hits. My BS-detector went off after seeing the same guy survive twice after losing his shields and having his buffs stripped off with SNB.

Does that ability let you cloak with shields up or something?

I use transphasics on the ship I was playing when I ran into that guy, so usually if they're in flight against a ship with no buffs up and 1% hull health, that ship is done whether they have shields up or not.

I think I've seen that ability a lot on other ships, but I noticed that guy when I was on my sci/sci ship. I usually see through cloaks pretty far out with that, and when I see other players do that I just reacquire them immediately. This guy does it when he's close to me, and if he's just been hit with a charged particle burst or whatever.

It could just be luck I guess. It just seems weird to me that one particular player keeps going to 0% hull and then bouncing back.
Well, after 3 seconds of activating it, the player cannot be targeted or affected (much like the Phase Shift ability from the Kar'Fi), however, you should be able to see an outline of the target if I'm not mistaken.

Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
Well, after 3 seconds of activating it, the player cannot be targeted or affected (much like the Phase Shift ability from the Kar'Fi), however, you should be able to see an outline of the target if I'm not mistaken.
I think I see other ships doing that. And if it's only 5 seconds or so, that's not what I saw that guy doing. He was usually going to 0% hull with projectiles exploding against him, but instead of seeing his ship explode, he'd just be gone for about 20 seconds or so before showing up again in the same general area. That's why I thought he must be logging out or something.

I really only noticed it because I was on my science ship, so it's relatively normal for me to be hitting people who don't have any buffs. If he had a stack of buffs or if I were relying on energy weapons alone it wouldn't seem as weird.
Captain
# 8
01-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
I really worry about the future of the game with these things.

Whats after Romulan? What will we have to contend with then, and is there a point where it all just becomes too much.

I'm already feeling "grind"-out.

I use to love rolling new toons. Now I can't even think about the mind-numbing mission that entails.

It takes me two hours every time I log in just to do admin on my toons. 2 hrs I could be having fun.
Those glory days when you could kit out an alt in a single binge weekend

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 9
01-12-2013, 03:16 PM
When a ship uses the Tier 5 ability the ship cloaks after 3 sec and stays cloaked for 5 sec. BUT you can see the ship cause it has that romulan insignia outlined and marked ontop of it, so you can determine where it is at most times.

To pull off the tier 5 ability and time preventing being destroyed requires timing and almost prescience. Though its not unusual if someone does manage to pull it off, though its only every 10 mins.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Career Officer
# 10
01-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19 View Post
I think I see other ships doing that. And if it's only 5 seconds or so, that's not what I saw that guy doing. He was usually going to 0% hull with projectiles exploding against him, but instead of seeing his ship explode, he'd just be gone for about 20 seconds or so before showing up again in the same general area. That's why I thought he must be logging out or something.

I really only noticed it because I was on my science ship, so it's relatively normal for me to be hitting people who don't have any buffs. If he had a stack of buffs or if I were relying on energy weapons alone it wouldn't seem as weird.
Hmm... If this player is relogging, they wouldn't be showing up around the same area they disappeared since it would take you to a respawn point.