Career Officer
# 11
01-12-2013, 01:07 PM
I suppose my take would be that once the Romulan plot has progressed...

I would like to see the Iconian plot tied more to Cardassian and Dominion affairs.

The Iconians used the Remans under Romulan rule. And the Dewan were cave dwellers. And everyone tied in seems like an archaeologist or excavator of some kind. I can see where some Cardassians, as a mining people (that is what the Nors are for), might fall under their sway. (The Terran Empire also fits as they were slave miners under the heel of the KCA until their rather abrupt power turnaround.)

My take is that I think we probably need a Cardassian civil war.

For gameplay reasons, an enemy or separate Cardassian faction is good. But for Trek/lore reasons, all enemies eventually become friends and it's a guiding principle of the franchise.

We need the Cardassians split. Not just a group of dissenters. I think the current situation confuses most players and that something hard and visual needs to happen.

I'd favor a full on Cardassian adventure zone. But instead of the country landscape and ruins approach, make this one full on urban and focused on the personal stories of Cardassians caught in planetary civil war.

I think the best way to handle that while dealing with the Prime Directive, would be a mission series like this:

Cardassia finally manages to get the votes to join the Federation, which they've been on the verge of. And then immediately falls into chaos at the ribbon cutting ceremony and a prominent Starfleet officer is assassinated, along with a Klingon who helped negotiate (I'm thinking D'tan's uncle, Worf's second kid). This makes it an issue where outside powers have to get involved. The Klingons on a blood feud, the Federation to secure a Federation world.

And the True Way at this point needs backing. My gut says they form an alliance with the Tal Shiar... and we need a reason why the Tal Shiar went rogue besides backing a winning horse with the Iconians and being EEEEEVIL.

Basically, I'd look at starting to form a coalition of villain species under the Iconians that would include the Tal Shiar and the True Way. One group. One name. And start to get them some kind of identifying uniform/ship design.
Career Officer
# 12
01-12-2013, 01:10 PM
i hope the spoon heads never join the federation not unless Elim Garak is their appointed leader
Vice Admiral Lufia Rushu
Commander, R.R.W. Ravenclaw
"I would use my Legacy of Romulus title but everyone and their father use that"
Captain
# 13
01-12-2013, 01:15 PM
As a huge Cardassian fan--I do not want to see them absorbed by the Feds or Klingons. I think that it is reasonable to think there are some exchange officers in the Federation (how I explain my own captain--an exchange officer forced to take command by the situation we see in the STO tutorial, and then officially "blessed" by Starfleet to do so), and some exiles or other treacherous individuals in the KDF (remember, Cardassians and Klingons traditionally have many reasons to hate each other).

But I would like to see the Cardassians given the dignity of independence.
-----------
Do you like story-based Foundry missions? If so, please check out my mission, "Finding Lascaux."

Survivor of Romulus
# 14
01-12-2013, 01:17 PM
We should make them a MICRO faction

levels 1-20 and locked out at that
Career Officer
# 15
01-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
We should make them a MICRO faction

levels 1-20 and locked out at that
There is an interesting idea.

What if we had, basically, lawless anarchy as a faction. With the Chalnoth as a poster child.

Klingons spend the first 20 levels in anarchy and choose between staying in an anarchic state or joining the KDF.

Romulans and Cardassians spend the first 20 levels in a structured society and then an incident happens and they choose between allying with Feds or KDF or staying in the anarchic state.
Republic Veteran
# 16
01-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
They arent mythical.

Founders are the Dominion's leadership, changelings are not even that uncommon due to then being ... well, not trusting of solids and during the Dominion War they used their abilities to infiltrate, sabotage and subvert enemies and potential enemies on the Alpha Quadrant.

Not to say the amount is measures they taken to assure the loyalty of the Vorta and Jem'Hadar, they were not going to risk some solid to get that much control over the Dominion.

Also after the Dominion War they seem to be content to stay were they are, they have no designs for the Alpha Quadrant with the New Link having little to do with the Dominion, its just Laas that picked up the ones that gone missing and convinced then to start the New Link for their safety (and we all know what happened when they got fed up with Laas and ejected him) along with the Alpha Jem'Hadar that seem to been discarded by the Dominion as well some Cardassian die hards that simply did not had much of a choice.

Of course thats the New Link, considering what the Dominion (and not the New Link) did to Cardassia during the war I think there would be far more chances of the Cardassian Union to became a Federation member that get into a alliance with the Dominion.

I think you might be misunderstanding what I mean by mythical. If i remember DS9 correctly, outside of the Jem'hadar and Vorta, and even within their ranks, few within the Dominion had ever heard or seen The Founders. That is why they were refered to as "Founders". They founded the Dominion, but few under them had any knowledge or ide of who/what they were.
Rihannsu
# 17
01-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
Honestly, I would rather not have the Cardassians and Dominion combined as a single faction. I would much rather have a Cardassian Union faction (and not the True Way) and a seperate Dominion faction.

Granted I don't know how plausible a Dominion Faction would be, with The Founders being somewhat "Mythical" within the Dominion ranks, it might be hard to get a playable Founder without some level of lore breaking, but if Cryptic can do it, this is my ideal.
Meh, you can do half a dozen races easy. Wadi, Dosi, Vorta, Jem'Hadar, Founder, Alien. Founder would be a Z-Store race though. Founders aren't all sitting in the shadows type leaders, most are, but the Great Link needs to have a few of it's members wander their territory to observe and report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
If the Cardassian's joined the Dominion that would make them the DUMBEST race since 21st century mankind.

That's why I can't stand the true way....they wan to return Cardassa back to it's old way but yet they turn to the people who bombed them to hell, and are the reason they lost everything, but to stupid and stubborn to admit so they blame the Federation.
True. I suppose it makes more sense for SOME Cardies to be playable in the dominion, but not the race as a whole.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Republic Veteran
# 18
01-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Meh, you can do half a dozen races easy. Wadi, Dosi, Vorta, Jem'Hadar, Founder, Alien. Founder would be a Z-Store race though. Founders aren't all sitting in the shadows type leaders, most are, but the Great Link needs to have a few of it's members wander their territory to observe and report.
See my post directly above yours for why I think it might not be possible with regards to Founders. But hey, if Cryptic wants to go your route, I have no problem with that. And I would totally not be against buying the Founder race in the C/Z/Whatever letter Store Cryptic wants.

My concern with a Playable Founder species is "who" is the mission giver? If I founder, again, See my above post. If not, why would someone ELSE be giving orders to a Founder?
Rihannsu
# 19
01-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
See my post directly above yours for why I think it might not be possible with regards to Founders. But hey, if Cryptic wants to go your route, I have no problem with that. And I would totally not be against buying the Founder race in the C/Z/Whatever letter Store Cryptic wants.

My concern with a Playable Founder species is "who" is the mission giver? If I founder, again, See my above post. If not, why would someone ELSE be giving orders to a Founder?
But.... There is an unstated assumtion there.

You're assuming that this is a "Do it or else" situation. As-is, all missions are optional. Phrasing the task summary as a direct order is somewhat anachronistic.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
01-12-2013, 04:24 PM
founder players would be unworkable