Empire Veteran
# 11
01-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
Ok, I am feeling kinda sorta postive hopefull.. Not quite what I wanted to see, but it'll do.

so, anniversery celebration will bring a new t-3 and t-5 KDF ship (really kinda hoping for some sort of light battlecruiser/Raptor sci oriented Klingon, not allied ship here..)

Dan mentioned having some more part/skins for existing vessles though KDF was not mentioned. On the other hand the majority of KDF ships only have a single skin, not to mention our KDF allied ships. I'll just cross my fingers on that, but not really expecting anything.

Stahl specificly said that there will be KDF specific content. Just have to wait to see what that is.. but he almost sounded excited about it..But, he always sound excited about it. Its what he's paid for.

Mention of some costumes for non klingons..hopefully there is more then that. If I rcall correctly only the Nausicans have no "recial" uniforms.. but we definatly need more uniforn, and non uniform options across the board. Time will tell.

A couple hints of some more ships coming.. have to wait and see.

I'll keep my eyes on the tweets and pass any links if I spot anything.

Khemaraa sends
I think I just spotted myself in excitement.

No sarcasm no angst or old bitterness from past promises left unfullfilled. I am truelly anxiuos to see what the future holds.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP

Last edited by bitemepwe; 01-11-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-11-2013, 08:47 PM
I was hoping for the K'Vort as the anniversary ship. Yeah its just a product of cheap special effects, but it was first seen in Yesterday's Enterprise just like the Ambassador. Kind of made since if they are tying into the that episode for the Anniversary, which they are apparently.

Something tells me though that this ship will be a Cruiser. That's probably what the Ambassador will be. The last three KDF ships are direct copies of their Federation counter parts.

1. Bortas/ Odyssey
2. LTS ship
3. Temporal Timeship/Destroyer

Other then the models, you can't tell any of those ships apart from their counterpart other then a few minor changes or a different special console.

Honestly, a cruiser is the last thing I want to see right now.
Captain
# 13
01-11-2013, 10:27 PM
I think we'll be getting Epohh muffs.
Commander
# 14
01-12-2013, 12:00 AM
He did say the're be shinies in season 8 for us... The one or two Uniform options!

Sorry to be so negative, but I've been playing KDF from the start, I leveled up a KDF toon using just the nebula PVE runs Way back in year one. And after three years of getting phasered in the updates, I'll believe it when I see it in the patch notes.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to be proven utterly, pants on head, wrong. But Cynicism born of three years of experince overules my hopes. I hope that the Dev's understand that its not we're angry with them, its just nearly all of us have gotten our hopes up, only to get the dregs of the plasma vent to the face, and by now its just the old stubbon crotchety players who are still crushing feds. So we just default to being skeptical.

I get the feeling you're new to the KDF, don't worry all that boundless optimism and hope will soon get bashed out of you.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
01-12-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm optimistic. Getting excited over here.
I could use some Klingon love!

Ummm, that last sentence just doesn't sound right.
Empire Veteran
# 16
01-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purvee1 View Post
He did say the're be shinies in season 8 for us... The one or two Uniform options!

Sorry to be so negative, but I've been playing KDF from the start, I leveled up a KDF toon using just the nebula PVE runs Way back in year one. And after three years of getting phasered in the updates, I'll believe it when I see it in the patch notes.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to be proven utterly, pants on head, wrong. But Cynicism born of three years of experince overules my hopes. I hope that the Dev's understand that its not we're angry with them, its just nearly all of us have gotten our hopes up, only to get the dregs of the plasma vent to the face, and by now its just the old stubbon crotchety players who are still crushing feds. So we just default to being skeptical.

I get the feeling you're new to the KDF, don't worry all that boundless optimism and hope will soon get bashed out of you.
No worries. My growing apathy for STO is already doimg a good job of that, though I am still anxiuos to see what the future holds.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
# 17
01-12-2013, 01:10 PM
I have to admit that I'm getting a bit excited about what the up comming season 8 could hold for the KDF faction.

The waiting game is the worst game of all
Captain
# 18
01-12-2013, 01:28 PM
If you are feeling bored with KDF, go play Foundry missions -- lots of really cool stuff.
Captain
# 19
01-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Again there is another question about KDF being fleshed out and again same answer - working on it, hope so, it's my plan, would love to do it - yadda yadda yadda - why not just copy and paste from 1 ask Cryptic to the next.

Again there was a secret video recording the real response Mr Stahl had when one of the employee's asked the question:

(the official worded response)
Q: (vawlkus) Please tell me there's a timeline to get Klingon's back to starting at level 1.
Dstahl: Totally agree with you and I'm working on it getting it approved and have been ever since I returned as EP. I'm not giving up on this.

Mr Stahls actual reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
Captain
# 20
01-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Again there is another question about KDF being fleshed out and again same answer - working on it, hope so, it's my plan, would love to do it - yadda yadda yadda - why not just copy and paste from 1 ask Cryptic to the next.

Again there was a secret video recording the real response Mr Stahl had when one of the employee's asked the question:

(the official worded response)
Q: (vawlkus) Please tell me there's a timeline to get Klingon's back to starting at level 1.
Dstahl: Totally agree with you and I'm working on it getting it approved and have been ever since I returned as EP. I'm not giving up on this.

Mr Stahls actual reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
from the Nov Ask Cryptic:

Q: (ebrithil1) As much as I love all the new content you've been pushing out for the Feds, I like my Klingons too. When can we expect to see you fulfill the promise you made to expand the content on the red side?

Dstahl: Personally, I?m still very committed to ensuring the KDF has levels 1-50, more so than I can even publicly talk about because it would involve going into details about all the internal conversations I?ve had within the company about this topic. It is my goal as EP to make this happen and the only thing that I can give you is that I?m fighting for it and want to do it. It just isn?t official yet.

yadda yadda yadda - I could go back through each one and pull the similar quote but why bother -it's pretty clear.

What was it Roach that they KDF are getting - those 3 things?