# 51
01-09-2013, 12:08 PM
I second this!
Community Moderator
# 52
01-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
3) STO keeps giving us more unique/bound tribbles as gifts/incentives. Only normal tribbles can be stored with the Mail pattern-buffer trick. So we work around that by storing these special tribbles on our BOffs. However, we now have two tribbles (the Fleet and Mol'Rihan tribbles) that are strangely bound to our character in such a way that we can only keep them on our Captain or in our active Inventory/Bank. Perhaps Cryptic could remove that "Character only"-bind so we can put them on our BOffs?
True... I keep forgetting about that detail.

For little fluffballs that don't appear to move around a lot, though, they were amazingly adept at getting into places where they weren't wanted.

I fully support the idea of tribble/pet storage in a separate inventory tab as well as the idea of multiple bank tabs in general.

But I think there should be a small chance that any given tribble could manage to "get loose" into another repository occupied by food (from one bank tab to another, or from one inventory tab to another) while the character is active. Only those tribbles that are "equipped" would be guaranteed to stay put.

I would also propose that our character personal equipment UI ought to have a dedicated slot for pets (such as tribbles, hortas, targs, etc) apart from the device slots. We shouldn't have to give up a device slot to carry a tribble.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Rihannsu
# 53
01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tepis View Post
It would be neat if we could have a storage system and display case we could put in our ready room, like the aquarium. It would look neat and also provide a separate place to store them...
Having an actual, in-game, display for our tribbles would be fantastic, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
...I fully support the idea of tribble/pet storage in a separate inventory tab as well as the idea of multiple bank tabs in general.

But I think there should be a small chance that any given tribble could manage to "get loose" into another repository occupied by food (from one bank tab to another, or from one inventory tab to another) while the character is active. Only those tribbles that are "equipped" would be guaranteed to stay put...
Thanks for the full support Bluegeek. And I'd be all about some sort of "escape proc" that would keep us on our toes and keep Tribble Breeding a "hazardous sport". Something like the "failure proc" on the Excelsior's Transwarp... Sometimes it fails and there's a funny "car break down" sound effect, similar to what was heard in the movie when Scotty sabotages the Excel.

So yeah, I'm right there with you.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 54
02-19-2013, 06:05 AM
I've had to get around these problems by putting the Tribbles in the bank and the food in my inventory. meaning that half of my inventory is food.

Because of this, I've simply given up on Tribbles and slowly fed them to my cannibal , who has the responsibility of keeping the inventory clear of his cousins. He's very good, only one has managed to eat something since I got him.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Commander
# 55
02-19-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I personally would like to see a system similar to TOR's where you got a storage list of pets and you click to turn them on / off. And you do not lose any inventory space in the process.
Guild Wars 2 has a great system storing pets (and crafting materials).

One of those "wave of the future" type designs.
Captain
# 56
02-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by millimidget View Post
Guild Wars 2 has a great system storing pets (and crafting materials).

One of those "wave of the future" type designs.
Pet's definitely happens to be one of STO's weak points.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 57
02-19-2013, 11:58 AM
I've never cared much for the Tribbles myself, but this is a pretty interesting idea.

I mean if people want to spend their game time farming tribbles in a fishtank... who am I to tell them no? Go forth young man.

I would like to see it be a GPL purchase. I think there should be more to do with that currency and there's room for expansion there. "Goofy things that more or less don't change the core game" is what it was supposed to be about I guess, and this would seem to qualify.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 02-19-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Rihannsu
# 58
02-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
...I would like to see it be a GPL purchase. I think there should be more to do with that currency and there's room for expansion there. "Goofy things that more or less don't change the core game" is what it was supposed to be about I guess, and this would seem to qualify.
I concur 100%.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Rihannsu
# 59
03-13-2013, 12:47 PM
While thinking about about Alan the Cowboy (aka "The May Update"), I have the following thoughts/concerns/hopes:

1) I presume there will be another test tribble. If there is one, Devs please do not lock this one to the character (ie unable to be held by BOffs) like the Fleet and Mol'Rihan tribbles.

2) Considering there will be trait and other UI updates during Alan the Cowboy, I hope the Devs can remove the lock on the existing S6 & S7 tribbles to allow them to be held by our BOffs as all previous test tribbles.

3) While you're tinkering with the UI, please consider adding the Tribble Terrarium and/or some other form of bank partitioning (similar to Fleet Banks) to allows us multiple zones to store our existing tribbles away from foodstuffs.

Thanks.

Lieutenant
# 60 i like this tribble terrarium
05-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post

Edited to add a picture of JPJappic's Tribble Terrarium. This is a sample of what the interface could look like, including a "bank" space, information on a given, selected tribble, and separate breeding slots.

Nice Thanks for post ,
the pic looks nice as a mini game and plug and play stuff would be nice,
it can be placed on ship and changed to the active each time yo change, and have a device to wheel them. liem bank or computer.
Time Zone Spain. GMT +2. I'm not English, so try to understand my texts from the context.Thanks.
Acolade Complete: Discontinuing Payment.