Captain
# 11
01-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Now the real question, does it ignore the enemies defense as well as your accuracy?
Captain
# 12
01-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Now the real question, does it ignore the enemies defense as well as your accuracy?
If it's not ignoring it, then it is definitely defaulting to a level that is not zero. If it were calculating Def at zero, then it would hit every time.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Career Officer
# 13
01-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
Support this thread. This problem has existed for way too long.

These test results are from April of 2012 and should be credited to Hilbert (Mancom)
""I got some data.

Firing on a cruiser with a bonus defense of 60.

Using dual beam banks of common variety. 15% bonus accuracy from skills.

Beam Overload 3 and normal beam fire both had 24% miss rate.

Call me lazy. Those were so close I didn't bother testing 1 and 2. I just moved on to the [acc]x3 test.

There was a difference there.

Normal beam fire missed 9%

Beam Overload 1 and 2 missed only 4%

Beam Overload 3 missed 20%

Enough of a difference to think it needs to have a look at.

So. Funny thing. I am surprised at the 4% results. I haven't parsed any data in a long while. If I could have BO3 hitting like that wow that would be great. I thought 20% was normal. Go figure."" Originally from 08/02/12

I don't think BO3 has changed much since that time. But hey, who knows.

Just to put that in hit figures right quick, common gear was hitting at 76% no matter what.

[acc]x3 was hitting 96% for normal fire, and only 80% for BO3. I guess modified beam attacks aren't a strong suit here.

Cheers.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Empire Veteran
# 14
01-12-2013, 08:50 PM
the state faw was in before the state its in now was that it didn't miss at all. then it was changed to be allowed to miss, but they couldn't get it correctly factor any accuracy modifiers to it. borticus said as much IIRC, but it would be impossible to track down the post, that was 12-9 months ago pre forum change over.

BO3 seems to have the same accuracy as FAW according to my parsing. each are at ~75% fired from acc2 weapons, that otherwise have an accuracy in the mid 90% range. BO1&2 appear at least 10% more accurate
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 15
01-12-2013, 09:29 PM
The higher Tier BO miss more? That sounds like poor attempt to control highend damage spikes from it considering the ol' standard of BO to drop shields and a torp HY/TS with DHCs for the kill was popular before the Acc changes to BFaw and BO.

Still, I support a fix to this issue as I enjoyed my BO3s in combat.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 16
01-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
But then there's no AoE beam ability.
ideally, though i doubt they could program such a thing, FAW used wile targeting someone would just hit them. FAW used wile targeting an ally, or nothing, would go into random AOE mode. both uses would be important and useful

at this point, i think they are best off scraping current faw, making a beam rapid fire out of it. then make a beam aoe built basically off of PSW. its got 10 range, and 10 pulses and lasts 10 seconds and can hit 1 targets per beam in that beams arc. so like CSV, were cannons strikes actually hit doesn't exactly match up to what gets hit, but it doesn't really mater. stranded acc values apply.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 17
01-13-2013, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
Support this thread. This problem has existed for way too long.

These test results are from April of 2012 and should be credited to Hilbert (Mancom)
I have noticed that Faw can have 85% accuracy from crtD/H x3 weapons instead of ACC x3 modifiers. However the accurate traight gives 10% difference too. Tested this theory out on 4 chars of my own.

just felt my 2 cents
Career Officer
# 18
01-13-2013, 01:38 AM
i took faw off my beam ships when it missed 3 of the 4 tric mines :/
Captain
# 19
01-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Speaking of weapon bugs, has the [Dmg] mod been fixed on torpedoes and mines yet?
Career Officer
# 20
01-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Yeah, lately I dragged out one of my Tac BOFF's with FAW III and it didn't even scratch anything with over 10HP. So it's not even an effective spam clearer anymore.
Closed Thread