Ensign
# 1 New Dilithium Idea
01-12-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure where I would go on this website to propose an idea for a game, so I will do it here. (Could you tell me if there is a place here where I could propose ideas?)

Well, in Star Trek Online, don't get me wrong, it is a wonderful game with many different things to do which is great (also have to say my favorite game so far, good job), but the Dilithium Opportunities are minor, and could do with a little adjustment and changing, or in this case, a new idea...

I have thought of a new idea to gain dilitium, the idea is as follows:
Like a wager PvP system, where players enter a competition using Dilithium (eg. 100 Dilithium), and if they come out in either 3rd, 2nd or 1st place, they will be rewarded with the entry dilitium depending on their ranking at the end.
This could be applied to either, a free for all match, or team based, where the players ranked highest are rewarded with dilthium.

I know this is similar to any other normal PvP match, but only the players who wish to enter the competition must pay a fee, in hope of gaining ten fold of the amount they paid at the end.

I am not sure if this has been asked before by another player, or even suggested by a developer, but personally, I think this is a great idea, and would open up much more opportunities for Dilithium Mining.

Any feedback and improvements would be helpful anyone?!

Thank you for your time.
Rihannsu
# 2
01-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkerr96 View Post
I have thought of a new idea to gain dilitium, the idea is as follows:
Like a wager PvP system, where players enter a competition using Dilithium (eg. 100 Dilithium), and if they come out in either 3rd, 2nd or 1st place, they will be rewarded with the entry dilitium depending on their ranking at the end.
This could be applied to either, a free for all match, or team based, where the players ranked highest are rewarded with dilthium.
No because it allows one thing, TRADING Dilithium.

The entire Dilithium system is closed, that means Gold Farmers are restricted from being able to sell the only currency that matters, your idea would open a loop hole allowing a indirect trading system by simply "wager" the amount.

Dilithium is not a currency FOR players to trade and should never be one because its a invitation for Gold Farming, as it stands its impossible but your idea opens a very attractive loophole.