So much cynicism.

/huggles his polio infected blanket
Empire Veteran
# 22
01-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
from the Nov Ask Cryptic:

Q: (ebrithil1) As much as I love all the new content you've been pushing out for the Feds, I like my Klingons too. When can we expect to see you fulfill the promise you made to expand the content on the red side?

Dstahl: Personally, I?m still very committed to ensuring the KDF has levels 1-50, more so than I can even publicly talk about because it would involve going into details about all the internal conversations I?ve had within the company about this topic. It is my goal as EP to make this happen and the only thing that I can give you is that I?m fighting for it and want to do it. It just isn?t official yet.

yadda yadda yadda - I could go back through each one and pull the similar quote but why bother -it's pretty clear.

What was it Roach that they KDF are getting - those 3 things?
We all know that we've been down this road before, that's why it's hard for some of us to really get our hopes up for season 8; however, I'll admit that I want to believe the hype.

At this point all we can do is hold out for the best but be prepared for the worst.
Captain
# 23
01-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
So much cynicism.

/huggles his polio infected blanket
Sorry I am still a little pissed that the Fleet B'rel was put at T5 shipyard - at least I will get that before DStahl comes though with his "hope" to finish off the KDF!
Empire Veteran
# 24
01-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Quote:

What was it Roach that they KDF are getting - those 3 things?
Your right B2W. We should just continue to be bitchy, whiny, childish KDF fans because it has worked so well for us the past 3 years.

But since you asked, I heard rumor of ships, costume options and some new content. Most of which I think where mentioned in the most recent Ask Cryptic as confirmed by the OP.

Tis better to leave the angst out of it, continue to express our desires, hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 01-12-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Captain
# 25
01-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Your right B2W. We should just continue to be bitchy, whiny, childish KDF fans because it has worked so well for us the past 3 years.

But since you asked, I heard rumor of ships, costume options and some new content. Most of which I think where mentioned in the most recent Ask Cryptic as confirmed by the OP.

Tis better to leave the angst out of it, continue to express our desires, hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.
See my last post.
Captain
# 26
01-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Sorry I am still a little pissed that the Fleet B'rel was put at T5 shipyard - at least I will get that before DStahl comes though with his "hope" to finish off the KDF!
lol, don't worry about it, I was joking, hence the reference to huggling the polio infected blanket.

Honestly, I guess I am like Roach on this. The amount of chatter on content coming has me hopeful, but at the same time I remain skeptical as well.

Bottomline is I think most of the KDF fan base is excepting a "pics or it didn't happen" kind of approach with regard to possible content. When we see something that positively confirms actual content, good. Till then, we aren't going to necessarily believe it just cause Dan is "excited" and "thinks we will be happy"
Commander
# 27
01-13-2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Hehe, that last line can be taken two ways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Oh don't worry, I still have my sense of good natured humour, its just as others have said, Experince leads to being skeptical.
Empire Veteran
# 28
01-13-2013, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
"pics or it didn't happen"
That is pretty much my feeling on it as well. I know season 8 won't be until at least May at the earliest, so I'll wait for now, but starting around mid-March or so, that is when I am gonna be interested more in what will start happening.

But until then...what I actually see (including pictures of the KDF equal to the Ambassador), is what I will believe is coming.

If they do straight out show us, without a doubt what will be happening, I'll drop all the negative feelings, all the hate, etc. The only reason we're so bitter is because the bait and hook has happened so much, yet no real reward has ever been given.

That'd melt away very quickly the moment all the very major and real complaints about the KDF are gone, because then we would probably have two equal factions at that point, which is really what we've wanted for so long: Fairness and equality.

The poetic irony doesn't escape me either.

But all that said...I'm...cautiously hopeful.

Lieutenant
# 29
01-13-2013, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the thread khemaraa!

Any news is good news. If I remember right, the 3rd anniversary should be around February? -ish?

Also, glad the new costumes are mercenary-ish and not just the mercenary pack. Exclusiveness (hopefully) FTW.

Also, don't forget the re-trait option gets bundled in w/S8. News of 5/10/20 mans aimed at STF-type players when the level cap increases, is also way cool. Always wanted to see bigger grouping options, that weren't fleet actions.

May-ish can't get here soon enough. I'm kinda stoked for more details.

If I could venture an opinion on new content?

I'd like to see the lesser-seen species get more facetime, like the Hirogen did with Alpha. If the new missions are up to par with Alpha, should be a blast! But I was thinking more like, the Nausicaans, the Letheans, Lethean BO's would be super, I remember I never got one of those from a mission reward evar.

Still on the wish-list: remastered episode of Facility 4028 that takes place on Rurha Penthe instead. Note to Dan: Rurha Penthe would make a sweet social spot for the KDF. jussayn

Last edited by branmakmorrn; 01-13-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Career Officer
# 30
01-13-2013, 07:30 AM
My main problem with beleive Dan this time around is how the definition of content changes in meaning to suit their needs. I don't consider reputation, fleet, and other forms of grind content. My 4 KDF toons already have plenty of ships that they are happy with. Story based content is what the KDF needs! Anything less than that is just disappointment in my eyes.